Yup, that’s exactly what I did for weapons. Two weapon types cannot both be weak against each other, so right now Ghost and Normal are neutral. I could make Ghost weapons effective against Normal for now, though.
Loved this hack, it’s extremely promising and i really enjoyed what’s available so far, i do wonder how will evolutions work? Will pokemon with 3 evolutions essential work as rookies? (maybe the starters) or will every pokemon will only get one ( a promotion, bassically)
Thanks, and welcome to feuniverse!
I haven’t figured out promotions yet. Automatic promotion is limited to 3 classes in fe8, so I may have to have all classes promote with stones. But three-stage pokemon will be able to promote twice, at least. Thankfully that part’s easy.
Also fixed a few minor bugs (Ekans can now use Acid, for example).
I’ve always want to share this!
Anyway, I cannot open the game. Emulator shut down after choose this rom.
Did you apply the .UPS patch to Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones.gba ?
I linked a guide on patching roms in the OP if you’re confused with that.
Yes, I did it with FE8U rom. And patch ups with tsukuyomi.
Hmm. It’s worked just fine for everybody else, so I am rather at a loss.
Are you sure you are patching to a clean rom? If two ups patches at applied to fe8 usa then it would likely brick the rom.
You could also try NUPS or https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/ to patch your fe8 USA rom.
If nothing works add me on discord and we can try to figure it out tomorrow. I’m
It worked! I wonder what the problem is. Anyway, will try it now.
P/ s: Vulnerary can be changed to Potion
- Immunities & Resistances now exist
- Gain bonus accuracy while supereffective
- No longer dependent on opponent’s weapon
(Thanks Teq for helping me delve into some basic ASM!)
2x weapon MT
+30 hit rate
-30 hit rate
-60 hit rate
Resists take precedence over effectiveness.
Eg. Low Kick against Pidgey will be ineffective, rather than neutral.
Additionally, you’ll never deal 4x dmg from supereffective or have a 4x resist with dual typings. So Charizard is takes just 2x weapon might from rocks.
- Similar groupings.
- Eg. Grass + Bug + Poison moves are listed together.
Unit menu felt a little cluttered, so now “Trade” and “Rescue” can only be found in the submenu.
Rare items are now golden and can only be obtained once.
Common items (red) can be found again by re-entering the area.
I might do minor balance tweaks and bugfixes, but this is probably the last major update at least until after FEE3.
Thanks for the bug reports & suggestions, everyone.
NPC phase (eg. items, bushes to cut) is now skipped over, and the delay on a few actions is now shortened or removed.
- Unit stats no longer show up for bushes/pokeball items etc.
- Having insufficient funds will no longer allow you to temporarily capture the wrong enemies under certain circumstances
- A few enemies have been placed slightly differently
- Can no longer spam press B to jump down a ledge.
- (For some inconceivable reason, spam pressing B or selecting “yes” both give the same output of ‘1’, while pressing B more slowly gives a ‘0’ output.)
- Viridian Forest trainers now actually drop the gold I gave them. Oops, lol.
- Insert animations
- Forget about them for now
- No characters are shown during the animations whatsoever
- Alternatively, a substitute doll or similar could represent each side
- Spells have this startup animation that looks funny without characters. I don’t know how to remove that.
- Not all attack types would necessarily have an animation that fits
- A number of animations are pretty over the top, lol. I’m not sure how to cut out part of an animation to make it shorter.
I don’t intend on creating my own unique animations, nor do I want to spend hundreds of hours drawing each frame for each pkmn to have its own animation. But I could potentially insert various free to use animations without wasting too much time (I hope).
Edit: Okay lol, I’m glad I did a poll before wasting more than an hour experimenting with animations. Back to the content creation! Thanks all.
i hope 7743 doesn’t ban me from febuilder for botting
Sme just released this yesterday so I need to iron out how to use it myself a bit more first, but free roaming for cities + puzzles will be added.
General progress is being made, with the boring part of up to Misty done already. But it will be a while longer until it’s filled with content + has been playtested. My ETA is mid-November for next major update, but we’ll see!
Here’s my FEE3 video:
Let’s Beat Brock To Death
When you and the boys roll up into town
That’s a little… erm… violent.
nobody gets really hurt in anime
It Is Only Violent If The Vesly-Mandated Beating Is Prolonged Further Than Necessary.
New content is being playtested in my discord and feu’s #playtesting channel. Feedback so far has been very helpful!
(Highlighted in yellow boxes.)
- Makes reinforcements come on a timer
- Interact with them to stop reinforcements
(“You cry into the burrow, scaring the inhabitants.”)
I will add similar reinforcement spawns to some earlier chapters, too. Maybe some grass that shakes? We’ll see.
I want to go into the burrows and live there, to be there with my people where I belong.