Pokémblem - [Complete] v1.14

Messing around with AdvanceMap feels so daunting compared to GBAFE.

1 Like

It was awful; imagine if FEBuilder came out a decade earlier and had a 90% chance of bricking your ROM for no reason

4 Likes

Yes, I am familiar with FEditor

5 Likes

Damn, that’s crazy

1 Like

Been doing lots of little bug fixes based on feedback. In the past few days the discord went from about 50 people to 132 - it’s really exploded in popularity. It’s nice to get some recognition, and the bug reports have saved me a lot of time, speeding up development.

@ Playtesters get to choose their own personalized starter, and the feedback really improves the game, so if this interests you, be sure to join! I’d love to see more familiar faces :smile:

4 Likes

@J-Treecko made some amazing assets for Pokemblem!

It includes stat boosters, a rare candy, potions, and skill icons!

I am sad to remove this text:

…but I suppose it is for the best.

Real size:
combined image with right palette

Upscaled:
skill icons

So far it looks like I have 32 custom skills in Pokemblem, most of them techs with a hp cost.

Thanks so much for the art, Jester! (J-Treeko) It looks fantastic.

You can find Jester’s Creative thread here:

I intend for all Pokemblem assets to be free to use (with credit), so although your own project might not really have a use for a Pichu skill icon, you might find something else useful. If you ever have a question about an asset used in Pokemblem, feel free to ask me. Chances are that you could use it in your own project. :ok_hand:

8 Likes

Indeed, there truly is no resemblance to a Vulnerary.

5 Likes

slowpoke sprite gen3
Drippy! Make 'em wet!!

1 Like

Is it bad that I’m wondering what Slowpoke would be like on an Ordinary Sausage episode.

This looks… amazing o.O well done so far! I really do hope you finish the project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alguien save cuato va asalir

Currently working on porting this to a buildfile & writing asm for a smoother, more consistent experience. Progress is going well, but it will still be a long time until the next release.

ImportedCheese has been releasing some videos on Pokemblem, so I thought I’d share those in the mean time:

Ep 1

Ep 2

Ep 3

Ep 4

6 Likes

R9rvQvst7V
:eyes:

(None of this is scripted - this is all AI & tables.)

9 Likes

V0.22 I guess.

Everything is now done in a buildfile. Event shenanigans have been replaced with asm except for a few which were simply reworked to be cleaner.

FEBuilder is an amazing tool and I could not have made it anywhere in this project without it. I would not have even started fe8 hacking if buildfiles was my only real option.

That said, with something as custom as pokemblem, a buildfile is proving to be especially helpful, and I love how much freedom it gives me.

These are the most exciting new features:

• Trainer battles
  • Equippable accessories
  • Level-up moves & TMs

Please enjoy & send feedback if you try it out :ok_hand:

Edit: bug fixes of course

10 Likes

I condensed a number of chapters, so 27 went to about 20. And there’s 9 new ones, so that brings us to 29.

6 Likes

This hackrom is the literal proof that everything is possible.

3 Likes

I have a suggestion, I’m still early in. In the guide menu add what is effective against what. I just googled it, but it would be nice to just have it on hand.

Please press R on a pokemon’s name in the status screen.

1 Like

Oh wow, thank you. Sorry I’m such a moron

No no, it happens to the best of us :sweat_smile:

4 Likes