Parallel Emblem ~ Twist and Étoiles Tale - WIP Part 1 completed

count me in for the tests too
but I might not be so active for testing

If there are still some place for a tester count me in

1 Like

Hey. If you’re still looking for playtesters I would like to be of assistance.

Is being a playtester still a thing? I’m interested.
Also, I’m new and planning on working on a project after learning things and it’s gonna be a cool thing to see the work of a fellow writer :slight_smile:

I am interested in being a playtester this hack seems very promising and I would love to give it a try.

I’d test it

Second Demo Test-Release

Hello, everyone!
We are happy to announce the second demo release of „Parallel Emblem.“ It’s been a few months since the first time and the early game changed quite a bit. Our testers really helped us out to improve the first chapters. We want to thank each and everyone of you! We encourage those who already played the first demo to re-run the first chapters and to play with permadeath in mind, if they haven’t done this the first time. Maybe you will encounter different dialouges if you do so. Some story segments have slightly different text now. But nothing drastically changed.

Changelog

Major Changes:
-2 new chapters added. (Currently 10 Main Chapters, 1 Gaiden Chapter)
-3 new playable units (Currently: 15)
-The female lord now has a unique map sprite
-Every Escape chapter ends only if a lord character escapes
-Anima mages can only use one of 4 types of tomes. For Example: Currently there are 2 playable Units in this game, that use Anima-Magic. One of them can only use fire Magic, while the other one can only use wind Magic.
-Most units will only learn 1 skill during class change and one powerful skill if they are promoted and reach either Level 10 or 15. When and which skill is learned depends on the class.

Minor Changes:
-The chapter „Prolog 3“ has a new Tileset and was slightly redesigned.
-To get the rewards for saving the npcs in „Prolog 6“, you have to speak with them first.
-The enemies in Chapter „Lumière 1“ are more aggressive now.
-The bandits in „Lumière 2“ are more aggressive now.
-A bug that prevented a conversation at the end of „Lumière 2“ and „Lumière 2x“ from happening was fixed.
-The majority of map conversations now have a background added to prevent lag.
-You collect support points within a range of 3 tiles now.
-Spelling and wording mistakes have been fixed.
-Minor things were added in certain dialouges.
-Certain descriptions have been fixed.
-New map sprites and animations for certain classes.
-Palettes of certain units have been changed.

Unit Changes:
-Lars got buffed. He gained +1 strength, skill and speed, as well as +3 defense on his base stats. He also lost 5% strength growth and gained 5% skill growth. The reason behind this is that he was pretty weak compared to the other units at the beginning. To fix this we increased his base stats. We also gave him slightly more skill growth, to increase his chances to hit. He is more of a tank now, so we also decreased his strentgh a little bit.
-Alex got nerfed. He lost 2 points in skill, 3 points in speed, 2 points in defense, 2 points in resistance and 2 points in luck. His growths remain unchanged. The reason behind this is that we want him to be a strong unit if you raise him up. However his base stats we’re already pretty high for a trainee unit.

If you are interested to become a tester of this game, click at the link below. It will lead you to the official Discord server of „Parallel Emblem“. There you will get everything you need to play. Everything except a US-Rom of Sacred Stones of course. You’ll have to bring your own to patch it.

Link below

Parallel Emblem

Also I want to say the following: We won’t go too dark with the story. You won’t see gruesome images or such. But just to make sure, I want to say that this story will tackle similiar themes like Three Houses.

We are looking forward to hear from you and hope that you will enjoy your trip with our cast.
We‘ll read us later ^^

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
Retro here. I have a little update.
Over the last month we started to rebuilt the entire hack. The reason for this was the Skill System we used in the earlier versions. It turned out that it was the oldest version you could possible get and I still don’t know how but it got installed before we started creating the project. There was no way to uninstall it otherwise. And it was the reason for a ton of bugs so it had to be gone.

The rebuilding process is nearly done plus edits we did to the earlier chapters.
Before we release a new version however we wanna change some numbers/rebalance the enemies to make them more challenging. So the new version won’t contain completly new chapters but there will be changes in every chapter that’s already been released.

I can’t name a certain date when the next patch will be released but if everything wents well it should be in april.

Have a good day.
We’ll read us later ^^

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
The Rebuilding Process (Or at least the majority of it) is finally finished and a new version is now released.

You can get it here on our Discord

https://discord.gg/mBJpmqmNUP

The first eight chapters have been edited. The final adjustments were mostly balancing the enemy unit levels. But we decided that the chapter that would be the next one needs a complete restart because I personally felt it was not fun and after so much time it took up, I realized this would not work anymore. It was supposed to be a stealth chapter where you hunt down a boss and depending if he escapes or is defeated you would get different results. In other words, it will be something different.

After a long time without anything new I wanted to show the stuff that we managed to finish since. There are no entirely new chapters but those who have been there since the first demo back in November last year play different now. Some more, some less.

We do have some plans for improving the beginning chapters again in the future based on the feedback we got. Some of these changes should be bigger than what we did during the rebuilding process. But for now I want to do one thing more than anything else: continuing with the game. I fear that if I don’t do something new soon I’ll keep trying to make the early parts of the game perfect without ever working on anything else.

I won’t do a detailled changelog of everything this time, I said the most things in the text above. But in short:
-The first 8 chapters have been edited.
-All playable units received improved portraits.
-Explaination Texts have been added to give details about important things in certain chapters.
-A new enemy type, „Robbers“ has been added. (Sword-Wielding Bandits using animations from Monkeybard, Miguel-Rojo and Rasdel.)
-Some Units got Personal Weapons.
-The Skillsystem is now up to date.
-Lags and Bugs caused by the outdated Skillsystem are no longer present

While it was not always fun to do this process, it was neccesary and gave us more options.
If you are interested in checking out the hack so far, you can get the patch in our Discord.

Have a good day.

1 Like

this is like a fire emblem game already! Green units suck!

3 Likes

Hello there o/

It’s been a while and idk about you guys but for some reason the may is always the time of the year, where I kinda struggle with my projects. Maybe it’s a point where I need a little break or anything, or the timing of influence from outside is always the same - I dunno. However, unlike last year we managed to use this month to it’s fullest. After only spending time with rebuilding stuff it was awesome to get back to actual progress. The trend continued in June so far… but it’s soooo hot. :hot_face:

Because of the silence I wanted to drop a little update. No new patch, no date for when you can await it, but a little overview of what we did during this time and what will be included in the next patch so far.

-We redesigned the Prologue Chapters 1-3 and are currently working on 6. I did say that I want to continue with future chapters first but quickly figured that it’s not a good idea to do that if you don’t know how the playable party could turn out at this point. Especially since we will add two new units at this point and new unlockable items, etc. It’s a completely new situation that needs to be investigated. Luckily that process went by fast. I won’t go into details but the chapters are much different now, and better compared to our very first maps. The Feedback from you guys is the reason for these improvements. Also since the chapters changed you can expect some new and changed up dialogue here and there.

-As mentioned above, two new units will enter the party early on. One of them is an old man from the Starkeeper-Realm who fills his role as a healer for the early game: Eld. He knows our protagonist since his childhood and could become a personal favorite for me. Retrogamer even made some custom animations for him. The other one is a Thundermage from Ragnarök: Helga. She is interested in fashion and fights in the same squad as our Earlygame Fighter, Lars. Both Potraits are from Retro, the potrait from Helga has parts of SqrtPis work in it.

-Reaver Weapons are now usable at Rank D and a bit weaker than in the OG games. This combined with the Breaker-Skills which we gave them with the last update, makes them to good tools for your units to reach high avoid against certain weapon-types.

-Since yellow coloured and small houses are usually places that remain unvisited after your first playthrough (and some people avoid them at all), we decided that the visitor that enters them the first time will get a little bonus in form of Exp. We are thinking about using the Fates Exp Patch in the Future which will balance out the overall Exp-Gain, so those could become even more valuable.

-Retro put the title on the title screen. The game will finally tell you it’s name and that you have to press start to play it \o/

Also I practiced splicing a bit. But that’s just a sidenote.

That’s it for the update. I wish everyone a good day. And remember to stay hydrated. :milk_glass:

7 Likes

Hello there, everyone o/

First of all we submitted Parallel Emblem to this years FEE3. It will be our first time in this event and we are excited to present you new gameplay material and to see other peoples reaction to it. We hope both you and our Let’s Player will have fun with the show!

I’ll use this moment for a small update too:

We’ve finished two chapters and started with another one. Once it is done, we will release a new version. I wasn’t as active in july than usual but that didn’t affect the work of Chapter 1-5. I was back at full energy during 1-6. I also decided to make some sprites to improve on that (some look better, some worse) whenever I wasn’t really into the project itself. Currently we make progress and the enemy placement and eventing of chapter 1-7 is about to begin.

As for a new patch - It’d be great if we finish our target during or before FEE3. But I don’t want to give promises. The time should be enough but I don’t have the power of the monado to look into the future.

Speaking of time… Damn this year flew by fast. Still 3 months to go but especially compared to 2020… Soon this thread celebrates it’s first birthday.

Have a good day everyone!

8 Likes

Nearly another month has passed. The FEE3 schedule is out and it’s pretty big this year. 80 Projects in total. I am already excited for many of the upcoming videos.

As mentioned above, this project will be part of the event. If your interested in watching the presentation of Parallel Emblem, make sure to mark October 30th. 12 PM will be the time. \o/

This month I had to step back a bit due to technical issues on my end. Overall I have less free time that I can invest in the project for now. But that doesn’t mean we made no progress this month. I’d say that 50% of the last chapter are done. After that there are some smaller things to take care of before it’s ready for a release. I don’t expect that time to be before the FEE3 presentation though.

Well then, have a nice day, everyone o/

3 Likes

How many Chapters?

@alexgalaxy335 How much Chapters?

Don’t you mean how many chapters? And yes, how many chapters are there going to be in Parallel Emblem?

The new Demo will have 13 chapters and 1 Gaiden. I can’t 100% say how many chapters the final game will have but we planned more than 30. It will be a long journey.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for the info. At least it put our minds at ease.

Hello

This month was another wild ride let me tell you.
Because of several reasons… Ah you can read it above if you’re interested let’s go straight to the best part:

A NEW DEMO IS OUT. FINALLY. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT HERE!!!

As announced earlier it will feature several changes to the early game, improved and slightly altered/extended dialouge, polished potraits, new animations (some entirely new made by Retrogamer) as well as a total of 3 new chapters. But I’d like to count the 4 chapters that have been changed heavily as well since those aren’t the same as before. So basically there are 7 new scenarios waiting for you. \o/

With this the game has a total of 13 chapters plus 1 Gaiden. It should take around 10-12 hours to beat depending on your playstyle, choices and if you read the dialouge.

We’re also using this moment to celebrate our first year anniversary. That’s right, today this thread has its birthday. Of course this was totally intended… Cough, cough.

We want to thank both JBR Channel for playing our Hack on the FEE3 as well as everyone who watched it. Almost 1700 views is more than we expected.

For those who missed the presentation you can watch it here.

I’ll admit the original post wasn’t the best start from our end. But we’re moving forward to improve. I wonder how long the entire development will take but I’m even more interested in how the game will look at the very end. Hopefully the days where we have to rebuilt stuff from the ground up are now in the past. There are one or two things I might want to improve in earlier parts of the game. But more than ever I want to build new chapters.

This was a great year and we hope to continue with progress in 2022.

With that being sad - Have fun with the game. And take care of yourself o/

6 Likes

Hello there.

Just a quick update. We finished another chapter to 99%. With that we officially reached midgame - hooray!

But if we’re talking about this year, we’re in endgame. The Christmas Arc was rushed but, compared to my recent years, a lot more relaxing and… welp. It felt a lot more like christmas, haha…

In general this year flew by a lot faster than 2020. I’m still processing a lot of what happened there. And here I am trying to process 2021 as well and even wondering what the future of 2022 will await. One thing is for sure. It’s going forward.

For this project specifically, while being in “Rebuilding-Hell” from January to April, it was big. Awaiting and watching our first time in FEE3 alongside so many other projects was exciting even though I forgot about time differences first, woke up way to early and then sat sick in my bed during the day of the premiere and overall learning more about FE and the design of it as a whole. With the first part being done, I wonder how far we will come in terms of chapternumbers. I wonder how much the project will change from the original script. I wonder which characters we can introduce to you next time. And if and how many new faces will join the cast. Time will tell but one thing is for sure - Parallel Emblem will continue.

We wish you a merry christmas, relaxing days 'til the end of the year and… welp a happy new year!

10 Likes

Hello everyone,

Small update about the development. Due to recent events and a lot less time on my end for the foreseeable future, the progress during the last two months was smaller than usual. Same goes for Retrogamer who was really busy but will continue his work on sprites and animation soon.

We might focus on smaller updates but in general I wanted to announce that we have less time to contribute for the project at the moment and that… actually nothing changes about the update schedule lol.

On the other hand I decided that I would like to polish some parts of the story. The way I phrased some parts and the general length of some dialogue isn’t ideal for me. (Plus I keep making the same grammar mistakes because my brain refuses to learn.) Which isn’t too dramatic if you primarily want to enjoy the gameplay. But I would like to improve this part and fix my mistakes. I won’t do this in a big take (because I know I’d take way too long) but little by little since I also want to work more efficient whenever I have time for the project now. I might not succeed to reach what I would personally call a good story. But I want to learn as much as possible while continuing Parallel Emblem.

I wish you all a good day.

Edit: Isn’t my scanner cool, I no longer have to take photos lol

6 Likes