Oops! All Amelias

What’s this?
Every character is replaced by Amelia, getting one of her classes (Recruit if the character normally starts unpromoted, Cavalier if the character is typically a pre-promoted mounted unit, and Knight if the character is normally a pre-promoted foot unit), her average stats at the character’s starting level, her growth rates, and a suitable starting inventory.

Why are you doing this?
I made a little romhack for Sacred Stones to give myself a challenge and see if something can be done: can you beat Sacred Stones with an army of Amelias?

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGm1LagsHkc
Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3Sfa9kKMEPt5gUEKR-6HF5srSnUMtt3J

If you don’t have time to follow a new Let’s Play that’s totally understandable - an after-action report video will be created whether the run is a success or a failure, discussing a summary of what happened. Episodes come out once a day at 6:00 EST and (at the time of this writing) there are 8 released episodes and 12 unreleased ones.

Comments, constructive criticism and other feedback are appreciated!

9 Likes

If you don’t have time to follow a new Let’s Play that’s totally understandable - an after-action report video will be created whether the run is a success or a failure, discussing a summary of what happened.

As promised, here’s that summary video!:

I’m really excited to keep going with making videos, and plan on exploring additional self-imposed challenges like these, as well as Fire Emblem romhacks and Fire Emblem-like games (notably the Kaga Saga games, but maybe others, too). My next Let’s Play series will start tomorrow, and feature the Sacred Stones romhack, The Four Kings. If you want to play along, or just want information on it, you can find it here: [FE8][Complete] Fire Emblem: The Four Kings (8/19/22 Update: RR Quickfix) - Projects - Fire Emblem Universe After the series is over, there will be a review video similar to this one, so consider subscribing if you’re curious!

I hope you enjoy the video, and if you have any suggestions or constructive criticism, definitely let me know!

2 Likes

Great video! I left a comment and hope to see more!

Consider doing cross-transplanting of FE6/7/8 characters into other games.

What if Roy was your only FE8 unit?
What if you only had X unit from FE8 in FE6?
And so on.

1 Like

Great, now you’ve made me want an FE8 version of Dorcas Emblem.

1 Like

That’s a good idea if you wanted to use someone from a game that’s harder to hack/emulate.

1 Like

Hey dude, that was a nice lets play. It was pretty enjoyable.

But something that always annoyed me was how all the Amelias all looked the same so…

Dont know if you will ever make a full release of the patch, but if you do, you can use this colorful bunch of Amelias I recolored.

Good luck with your lets play channel!

8 Likes

Wow! That’s awesome. I hope to fix a couple of the patch’s bugs and test before releasing it, but I will definitely use this. Thank you!