2. Fix empty tiles
  3. Insert map
  4. Make characters
  5. Install patches
  6. Place units
  7. Replace distant roads
  8. Playtest
  9. Fix found issues
  10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 until all is fixed.
  11. Profit!
    Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia).emulator-4 Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia).emulator-5 Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia).emulator-6 Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (USA, Australia).emulator-7
9 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the product of one hour of livestreamed torture:

jon does a thing

i am now convinced that febuildergba is a torture device designed to make hacking as slow as humanly possible
is this hack playable? yes. is this hack beatable? idk i ran out of time before i could playtest it

CREDITS:

• alusq for battle theme
  • sme for map theme
  • der, zoraminefae, and pik for lord anim
  • aurawolf for map
  • anyone who watched me scream about how much i hate febuilder while working on this
16 Likes

So I had an idea bounce around in my head. It went poorly.

First I spent about twenty minutes stuck on websites downloading 3H portraits.
Then I tried to requantise them but after spending ten minutes on Annette I decided that requantisation was a waste of time. Half an hour wasted. Then I got stuck in a maze of tables or something and before I knew it my hour was up. No chapter was even started.
In true cheater’s fashion, I went into overtime. I had to make a pointless duplicate of a map, forgot to include the event file, involved flailing around aimlessly squishing errors before it finally built an hour later. Built while not being vanilla, anyway. This is the product of suffering. Presenting…

CELICE MEETS SOME FODLANESE AND FIGHTS STUFF!!!

SCREENSHOTS:

ThreeBarharas_01 ThreeBarharas_02
ThreeBarharas_03 ThreeBarharas_04ThreeBarharas_08 ThreeBarharas_06

FAILED RECORDING OF HACK DEVELOPMENT WITH NO VIDEO:

11 Likes

Well, it turns out I’ve never actually made a hack before outside of adjusting some numbers, so I took this as an opportunity to try my hand at it. General progress went as follows:

Started by generating the map, then slapping characters onto it. Took me a few tries to make sure the intro events wouldn’t randomly start. Changed characters’ portraits, then names and descriptions. Started with just five playable characters, before adding two others later. Added a reinforcement near the end, couldn’t quite figure out how to make him say his battle quote in time (he takes Valter’s slot). Tried changing it to Rout All, realized that made the map boring, then switched back to Defeat Boss at the last minute. Didn’t have time to pick out F2U music so just switched to different tracks. Spent the last minute fixing the AI so they didn’t all just stand there.

And thus, I present… Peggy.

peggy1 peggy2
peggy3 peggy4

With that out of the way, here’s the patch. Have about as much fun as you would expect from a guy who’s never made a chapter before trying to make one in an hour.

Map made using FE Map Creator.
Portraits by Alusq, AmBrosiac, BBHood217, capibarainspace, flasuban, LaurentLacroix, and MiguelRojo.

EDIT: Whoops, the link was messed up. My bad, this should work better.

8 Likes

Amazing! I’m glad this stupid idea encouraged someone to try out making a chapter, haha. Sounds like it was a fun experience.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you:

Cloud’s Pet Sephiroth is Very Hungry

Let’s Play of it (16 mins)

I filmed the entire hour for fun in case anyone is bored and wants to watch that.
Making CPSiVH (youtube)

Standing over the sea has a random chance of game over.

Your pet dragon is berserked for 14 turns good luck

this is not a good chapter lmao, I ran out of time
Still though, this was fun to do

fJYsxmPPRF

Credits

Graphics
Flyingace24
DarkSeraph
Aruka
Kenpuhu
Gmanpizza

Music
Tristan_Hollow
RandomWizard maybe?
A reliable chair

UPS file

3 Likes

I made a thing! I feel like it’s good, but I’m not sure.

I present to you…

Evil Fog Wizard!
blitz.emulator-1blitz.emulator-0
blitz.emulator-2blitz.emulator-3

An evil wizard has kidnapped your mom and summoned reverse thracia fog: you can only see units near you, but you can only see tiles far away from you. Fight his minions and rescue your mind-controlled mom!

Featuring:

• 1-2 range short bows, because Pandan must suffer as I suffered.
  • playable gargoyle playable gargoyle (who isn’t actually playable, the talk to recruit him crashes the game)
  • Absolutely no Distant Roads!

Download link here.

Credits:

• Gha’arog portrait: L95.
  • Cassie, Lisette portraits: XVI.
  • Frau, Yarhar portraits: LaurentLacroix.
  • Asmara portrait: Flasuban.
  • Boss theme: Pandan.
  • Map: Zoramine.
  • FEBuilder: 7743.
  • Assorted patches: Agro, Alusq, Brendor, Circles, Hextator, Leonarth, Tequila, Zane, 7743
13 Likes

Finally, absolutely no distant roads.

2 Likes

_Hack_029

Started with a stripped down buildfile that was prepared before, containing a number of things that are probably irrelevant but time is fake and rules are made up

Patch:

This repository also contains the final state of the buildfile; free to peruse, and everything within is free to use.

Uses mugs by Pretsel, MeatOfJustice, beccarte, and Sphealnuke from mugging blitzes 9 and 10
Everything has to be free to use to be made before and used within so the music that’s used that I made and haven’t previously released as free to use I have made such within this github repo, thus adhering to the rules (:

Video of the entire hour spent:

9 Likes

Mr Green’s entry - 13:37 length

Full playlist of 1 hour blitz playthroughs (2 videos so far)

3 Likes

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bwdippmjxy7c5ta/Fire+Emblem+-+Endless+Dream.ups/file

Presenting: Fire Emblem Endless Dream! Made and playtested in 59 minutes and like 37 seconds.

Experience mediocre maps like no other!
Fire Emblem - Endless Dream.emulator_01

Enjoy undeveloped and unrelatable characters!
Sacred stones clean - copia.emulator_04

Fight the evil empire!
Sacred stones clean - copia.emulator_01

Get blindsided by Nomura-tier plot twists!
Blitz.emulator_04
Build an army! Trust no one! not even yourself! Fire emblem: Endless Dream.

Dev process
  • Think of a plot twist as convoluted as possible.
  • Open that Speedy Comet theme from Mario Galaxy.
  • Start timer and open FEBuilder
  • Install intro skip patches!
  • Write the intro, make a crappy beta of the map, make the end event, put stats and short descriptions into main party and boss and throw vigarde into game. Done.
  • Holy sh*t I still have 40 minutes left!?
  • Playtest, polish map, throw more enemies, fix portraits, polish intro.
  • Ze end.
  • I find it very concerning that it has less bugs than CoBK .-.
7 Likes

One hour? Well damn, I think I’ll be able to make something good out of this soon.

Here’s Runa’s hack. (22:33)

1H Blitz Playlist

4 Likes

stick to what you’re familiar with friends. febuilder isn’t faster if you haven’t used it in two years
(also that hammer time guy was supposed to take super long to talk but you had instant text on :sob:)

CHEATER

2 Likes

Download link.

Actually eventing, mapping and doing the bulk of the text took me just under an hour.
Prettying it up, debugging and ‘balancing’ took uhh… longer than I should’ve spent on it.

Credits:
WAve for Ehran’s portrait, Melia for Fae’s portrait and NickT for the others.

Known Issues (that I’m too lazy to fix):

• The lines of the Christmas Cavs are mixed up in their talk convo.
  • Chase uses Neimi’s portrait in his talk convo.
  • Bows are effective against Sword users for some reason.
4 Likes

Honestly I was tempted to use FEB but then I realised I didn’t have time to get familiar with the eventing GUI : P

So far nearly every entrant has cheated at least a little :grin:

Did you know 9/10 dolphins will cheat when hacking fe8

3 Likes

I DIDN’T CHEAT, IT’S WHY MY PROJECT WAS SO SHITE :cry:

5 Likes

It’s true. I took an extra few minutes trying to fix some eye and mouth frames.

2 Likes

oh my god this hack has numerous DIFFERENT units doing numerous THINGS!

1 Like

Why have one person do a thing when you can have multiple people do a thing amiright @Runa