OC Emblem [COMPLETE, 25/25 Chapters]

Greetings, FEU! After exactly two years and seven months of near-nonstop planning and development, I have finally finished making my crazy crossover FE hack: OC Emblem!

This concept started as an idea back in November 2018, to bring together a group of people, to see if they could become something more. You know how it goes by now. It had a pretty rough start. After some failed attempts to get it off the ground, on May 22, 2021, I decided to go for a fresh start on a blank slate. The result you can now play from start to finish is a fun, lighthearted adventure that’s a love letter to both all the friends I love and all the series I enjoy. I’d like to thank everyone who has stuck around with me this far, especially my best friend Evielution. Her unwavering kindness, compassion, and support really helped motivate and inspire me to see this project to its completion.

OC Emblem’s features so far include:

Features

25 playable chapters!
8 playable sidequests!
49 playable characters! (3 competent lords!)
38 custom songs including Grasswalk, Terra’s Theme, High Above the Land, Loonboon, and… Spider-Man 2’s Pizza Theme?
Fun classes to play with like Ballisticians, Spiders, Golems, and… Chickens?
Fun items to play with like Hookshot, Tri Attack, Brainshock, healing food, and… Wall-Nuts?
Utilizing the Text Engine Rework for dynamic and fun dialogue scenes, complete with fun little sound effects!
A lighthearted crossover story peppered with humor but still treats the stakes seriously, including an in-game Lore encyclopedia that unlocks more and more articles as you progress through the game! (If you think some things in the hack are too absurd, keep this in mind!)

But that’s enough chitchat for now. Here’s a link to the current patch!
OC Emblem V25 (12/25/2023, goes up to Chapter 25 (Endgame) with optional Chapter 4x, 5x, 7x, 10x, 12x, 15x, 20x, and automatically-unlocked 22x)
And what’s a hack’s post without some juicy screenshots?

Screenshots

LordProfiles

And here are the credits as well! (Everyone is credited only once for convenience. If you made something used and seen in-game but I forgot to put your name anywhere in the credits, please notify me about it in private on Discord or here so I can rectify the problem.)

Credits

Character Concepts: Purple Mage (me), Evielution, Dragoncat, Espurrhoodie, IfIHadToPickADude, COOKIECHEESEMAN, Dumdum, Creamily (Liz), WafflesTheGastrodon, Ariseka, Popple/Ashtray, Letty Whiterock, Firion, Umbramatic, SilverSoulmmc, Rye on Speed
Portraits: CapibaraInSpace, Lenh, Leonarth (non-FEU), CanDy, XVI, Citrus, Fenreir, DerTheVaporeon, BatimaTheBat, Zoisite, MeatOfJustice, SomeDenseGuy, Zorua, JeyTheCount, Wasdye, Roxannity, Sterling Glovner, Hugin, SeaLion, Stitch, Kanna, BreezeBender, UltraxBlade, serif
Battle/Spell/Map Animations: SHYUTERz, HIROTO, L95, St jack, Aegius, Black Mage, Jj09, Furious Squid, Eldritch Abomination, Marlon0024, Asael, Teraspark, Russel Clark, Orihara_Saki, Pikmin1211, Maiser6, Skitty, GabrielKnight, eCut, Temp, Blue Druid, Mercenary Lord, NYZGamer, Vilkalizer, Memae, BwdYeti, Velvet Kitsune, Author_Pendragon, Seal, Glenwing, Andy, SD9K, Keks_Krebs, Beccarte, Flasuban, Nuramon, Pushwall, Mikey Seregon, Alfred Kamon, Alusq, SqrtOfPi, Pokécommunity, SpritingBrad, Vilkalizer
Maps/Tilesets: PentV, N426, ZoramineFae, Venno, Contro, TheAuraWolf, MaxTheMagelord, Emerson
Item Icons: Tristan_Hollow/Ruby, Obsidian Daddy, Beansy, Valak, Topaz
Music: Sme, pandan, MrGreen3339, RSflame, Retina, The Chalkeaters
Menu Stuff: SaXor the Nobody, Runa
Text Engine Rework: Tequila
Narrowfont: Scraiza
Playtesting: S_G, Vyland, Bartozio, Kylier, Salts, SirSpensir, DAT, UltraxBlade, Rivian, Pig, Alexpersonmanguy, Zappy McZapZap, Centauri Eternal, LyfeldLesk
FEBuilder: 7743
Other ASM: Contro, Agro, Leonarth, circleseverywhere, Vesly, hypergammaspaces, Stan, Zane Avernathy, RandomWizard

That’s all for now, so if you have any feedback or thoughts please let me know! I hope you can all enjoy my personal passion project of a romhack!

32 Likes

Is this the pogger

3 Likes

yes very much so, good sir

1 Like

The Mini Jelly description sounds similar to the Oozium units from AWDS :open_mouth:

3 Likes

This looks amazing! The color scheme is probably my favorite I’ve ever seen in a hack(I am alittle biased towards purple and blue since that’s my favorite color combination) and I’ll be rooting for the completion of this as well! Good luck my friend as I know it’ll be good(I’ve also played a PME that you’ve done in the past so I know that this gonna be a good one).

3 Likes

Hey all, thanks for the support so far! I’ve updated the patch quite a lot over the past week or so, since it was mostly polishing and little fixes here and there, I’ve used the same link. I hope you’re all enjoying the hack so far!

Part of the hotfixes include: Bugfixes, rebalancing, and aesthetic weather! Chapters 1 and 4 both have snow you can enjoy without having to trudge through the sloggy reduced movement!

1 Like

Hi guys, new update is out, including Chapter 5 and tons of early chapter polish. The original post has been updated with the link to the new patch.
In the meantime, have some screenshots:
OC Emblem Redux.emulator-8OC Emblem Redux.emulator-9
And to celebrate the hack’s planned playable cast being finalized, here’s a tier list maker for some more fun: https://tiermaker.com/create/oc-emblem-characters-final-roster-tier-list-1429345

4 Likes

Hi guys. Minor update today. Chapter 5x is out now. Here’s a screenshot:
And don’t worry, the rain is just aesthetic. Enjoy the chicken chapter!

5 Likes

Chapter 6 is here! Did plenty of things behind the scenes to get this chapter up and running. Enjoy the game!

zombiesapproaching

2 Likes

I’ve uploaded Chapter 7. I was gonna wait until I finished Chapter 7x to post a new update so we’d have the entirety of Act 1 released, but I kinda got tired lately. Hope you all enjoy!

3 Likes

Good job! Also, don’t push yourself, rest

2 Likes

Bump. Chapter 7x has been out for quite some time. I’ve been doing tons of QoL changes behind the scenes as well, such as implementing Tequila’s text engine rework and using it to make dialogue flow a lot better and adding sound effects for fun. I’ve condensed the OP for a much more appealing experience. And with that, Act 1 is finally complete. Act 2 coming soon, but I’d like to get some supports done before then, if possible.

And for those interested, here’s the updated cast tier list maker: https://tiermaker.com/create/oc-emblem-characters-tier-list-9-20-2022-1429345

2 Likes

Chapter 8 is live? Has been finished since last week! Thought I’d wait til the FEE3 video release to announce the update and bump the thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Following this can’t wait to play this

1 Like

You could try out the current patch to see how it’s going so far! As of now, it goes up to Chapter 8 with three unlockable side chapters as well.

Hey everyone, not sure if anyone’s still interested in the hack, but Chapter 9 is out now! It’s the biggest chapter so far in terms of unit count, and I’ll let the image speak for itself:

It’s gonna be a Battle on the Big Bridge! (associated music and boss included)

3 Likes

JEBUS this map is big. Ima probably play the hack again after chap 10 releases but still keep up the good work.

1 Like

Took me so long, but Chapter 10 (and 10x) is finally out. Welcome to Hyrule, folks.
I am so frigging tired. I stayed up til 3am to crank out the new update in a mere three days before the public release’s one year anniversary. I hope you all enjoy the fruits of my endless labor.

7 Likes

Hotfix uploaded today. Healer and Cavalier characters have been replaced by different characters of the same class. I have also updated the tier list maker: https://tiermaker.com/create/oc-emblem-characters-tier-list-1-6-2023-1429345

2 Likes

The 1/23 update is here! Chapter 11 is out now! Have fun!
And remember… It just works!

6 Likes