Newcomer Recommendations for development

Hello All! My name is Bowtron, and I have recently gotten interested in trying to develop a small project! I know its a huge endeavor, but I want to develop at least a chapter/map and see how that feels! My question is, what engine is the best for a beginner like me? Should I be doing the https://tutorial.feuniverse.us/ tutorial? Or should I look at other tools/engines like FEBuilder or the LT engine? What is the general consensus on the best way to start?

Thank you all!

2 Likes

FEbuilder is probably the best start, you need the least amount of knowledge to operate it. I think markjoe has a tutorial on youtube on how to make a chapter in 14min or less

3 Likes

I think FEBuilder would be good. Tho, I’m alse new like you.

1 Like

FEBuilder is the entry way program with how simple it is to get the hang of the basics, you can just pick it up and create.

2 Likes

Oh, and regarding the project you’re going to develop. Are you open for someone to help? I kinda feel like helping since we’re both newcomers. Just asking. That is, if you don’t mind.

1 Like

Try to make a small hack first that tests the things that you want to include. I’m quite versitile in FEBGBA, so if you want any help, ask!

2 Likes

TIL I’m markjoe

4 Likes

tutorial.feuniverse.us is a (somewhat) outdated and (moreso) incomplete buildfile tutorial. While I personally prefer buildfiles, they’re better for more advanced and larger projects. For starting out, FEB is probably better.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the support and kind responses!! I will look into that FEBuilder tutorial!

I would love some help once I have gone through the tutorials and kind of have an idea of what to do!

Thank you, I will keep you in mind!

1 Like