Need help installing Pikmin1211's Equipable Accessories ASM

Hello!

I’m having difficulty installing Pikmin1211’s Equipable Accessories ASM. I’ve been working on my hack using FEBuilder and not buildfiles, so I wanted to install this individually in free space in my current project.

I’ve used Event Assembler in the past before buildfiles were a thing, but things have changed enough that I don’t know what I’m doing anymore! I put an offset for free space at the top of Installer.event, but when I try to assemble Installer.event in my rom, I get 3 errors that I haven’t been able to solve. They are:

File Installer.event, Line 86, Column 1: No code named jumpToHack found.
File Installer.event, Line 92, Column 1: No code named jumpToHack found.
File Installer.event, Line 98, Column 1: Symbol SkillTester isn’t in scope

I’ve tried incorporating this in an otherwise empty buildfile, but I encountered the same errors. I’m not sure where the code for jumpToHack is supposed to be from. I would really appreciate any solutions or insight. <3

1 Like

Ea has this:

So just
#include "Extensions/Hack Installation.txt at the top of your file.

SkillTester is here: SkillSystem_FE8/SkillSystem.event at master · FireEmblemUniverse/SkillSystem_FE8 · GitHub

Please follow the instructions that Pikmin provided.

I use equippable accessories myself in Pokemblem (though it isn’t Pikmin’s code). It’s not that simple to integrate into a buildfile, but thankfully Pikmin has overviewed how pretty well. It’d be difficult to integrate into an febuilder project if you aren’t familiar with buildfiles. I recommend getting it to work with the skillsys buildfile and carefully noting down the steps as you go to repeat in a custom build afterwards. If this seems too daunting to do, then I think you should settle for passive boost items.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hey. Whenever you figure it out, can you teach me how to install it as well? I’ve been wanting to use this for a while, but I can’t figure out how it works

The problem is that Pikmin DIDN’T provide any instructions. There isn’t any readme or anything similar in his github

The instructions are in Installer.event

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

It seems like I’ll have to reinstall Skill Systems as a whole to use the equippable accessories. I tried isolating SkillTester and including it in Pikmin’s installer.event, but it seems that SkillTester contains references to several other parts of the Skill Systems buildfile.

I’ve already tweaked a lot of the numbers related to skills using FEBuilder’s patches, so reinstalling Skill Systems isn’t an option I’m interested in pursuing. I think I’ll drop this here and continue using boost items. Thank you once again! <3

PS: I was trying to do this because I already have several shields implemented as boost items, yet somehow got 16 chapters in before realizing how absurdly bulky you could get by stacking multiple shields on one unit. I suppose I’ll just have to either rebalance the shields or embrace the jank. :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems like you’ll have to include Skill Systems in your buildfile to use this ASM.

I tried isolating SkillTester and including it in Pikmin’s installer.event, but SkillTester contains references to several other parts of the Skill Systems buildfile, so they can’t be used separately.

I’ve already implemented Skill Systems and personalized lots of it, so reinstalling isn’t something I’m interested in doing. I’m not going to work on this any further.

Edit lines 199 / 210 and run a custom build if you don’t want passive items to stack

If you built skillsys using makehack full and then edited it in febuilder instead of using the feb patch, then I cannot help you.

1 Like

Hi I’m the guy, not sure where specifically this got around, while technically public, isn’t really complete and thus I never formally released it.
This was designed specifically to be appended to the skillsys buildfile. Using it with the febuilder patch is, I admit, technically possible, but realistically a horrible idea.
This is where I would preach that you should consider learning buildfiles if you are interested but it seems you’re already decided in not using it.

1 Like

Oh, hello!

Sorry; I thought it was meant to be released. I found it in this post. Thank you for your work!

Yeah, I know buildfiles are a lot more powerful, but romhacking is just my hobby, and for me using the FEBuilder GUI makes it more fun. :woman_shrugging:

What can I say, I’m a filthy casual, haha.

1 Like

At the top of what file? Config.event? ROMBuildfile.event? Or a different one?

Anywhere prior to the hack being installed. So custom defs, or installer.event, etc