Necrosis Among the Living

Yosha!

After a short two week period of polishing that began in mid-July, I am ready to release a version of the full hack! There’s a lot to read here, but none of it is truly necessary to play and (hopefully) enjoy the hack. If you do play the hack, I’d recommend at least reading through ‘General Notes,’ ‘Major Changes from FE8,’ ‘Chapter-specific Notes,’ and ‘Spoils of War.’ And maybe ‘Known Issues’ too.

Please be mindful of spoilers and use tags to hide comments where appropriate.

Main hack, version: 10422-1

Prequel, version: 10422
(note: Ch1 is a forced loss - Kenner’s death triggers the ending, or allowing the enemy general to arrive at the throne room does too. The former should take about 15 minutes, with the latter taking a bit longer)

General Notes
  • Story, Challenge, and Very Challenge are the three modes. Challenge is aimed to be tougher than FE8N, probably comparable to FE7N
  • Weapon values, XP gains, growths (especially enemy), are all amended. Enemies are tougher,
    especially late game. But… due to the XP curve, you will also be much tougher. Keen to hear feedback if this makes the endgame too easy
  • Vulnerary restores 15 HP
  • Some houses do give items, not just villages
  • Tent houses cannot be visited, but the regular looking houses can be (except in the prologue, Ch 15, and Ch 16)
  • Light infantry can cross most rivers
  • Weather does not affect movement, and the movement penalty on desert tiles is mostly gone/significantly mitigated
  • Any class should be able to find hidden desert items
  • There are two desert locations in which you can find items on the ground. I will not reveal the locations of items, however, if you get a certain item and bring it with you to a desert, you can Reveal the locations of the items (note: 13x is not one of the maps with hidden items, despite being a desert map)
  • Bosses that are not guarding a throne/specific area may move to initiate combat if you’re in range, and bosses that are guarding a throne may move if you have killed all of their guards
  • If you’re playing and thinking to yourself, “but wait, there’s no way to cross that area or get over there! wtf!!” - just wait, everything should be complete-able
  • Some enemies will attempt to retreat when wounded (even if they can’t heal), while some will continue fighting
  • You probably don’t want to let Bastila die, but her death will not trigger a Game Over, so it’s not a requirement
  • Ven can promote from Fighter into either Hero or Brigand (“What?! Brigand, why?!” You’ll see… if you dare pick that option)
  • There are a few enemies with Sleep and Silence staves; no Berserk
  • Sure Shot, Great Guard, Slayer, and Pierce are gone. Lethality stays, though the activation % is 33 for grunts and 20 for bosses
  • Assassins get Pick
  • If you see a floor tile that has obviously wrong shading for where it’s placed, 99% of the time that means there’s something gameplay-related there (Secret Shop, range event, etc.). 1% of the time it may just be a mistake, so if you feel like you find one that has nothing else going on, let me know.

Commendations (for achieving worthy feats in the prequel or main hack):

• @knabepicer won the first chapter of the prequel. They utilized a bit of a loophole, but I’ve determined their determination should be lauded.
Major Changes from FE8

The level cap has been raised to 25 (promotion at 10+ remains). Stat caps for T2 classes have been increased as well, generally within the 30-40 region for offensive stats and the mid-20s for defensive stats.

Support points are acquired when units are 3 tiles or closer, and Support bonuses activate only when units are 1 tile away (this is opposite the vanilla setup). There is no limit on how many Support points a unit can acquire in one chapter. And I’d very much like there to be no limit on how many A supports a unit can have, but there isn’t a patch for this currently. I do plan to start learning some ASM now that the bulk of this project is done though, so I will perhaps implement this in the future.

T1 melee classes have an HP cap of 45, T1 magic HP caps at 40. T2 melee classes have an HP cap of 60, T2 magic HP caps at 50.

Most melee weapon names are changed. If everyone hates it, I’ll change them back. The idea was to make weapons more of a “use the right tool for the job” than “put the Silver/Killer on auto-pilot,” but if it’s too annoying, I’m fine with reverting it.

Some classes are renamed to better fit the world’s lore:

• Mage - Elemental Mage
    Monk - Light Mage
    Shaman - Dark Mage

• Druid - Warlock
    Druid (f) - Sorceress

• Myrmidon - Swordsman (and Swordswoman for f)

• Nomad - Scout
    Nomadic Trooper - Pathfinder

• Pirate - Privateer

• Sniper (f) (which is actually the custom Marksman class) - Markswoman

There are a number of new spells/weapons; most of them being mid to high tier. You probably won’t be able to get all of them on a single playthrough.

Bows do not have any special effectiveness against flyers.
GASP, the room goes quiet, glasses and plates fall and shatter on the floor as onlookers peruse, eyes widened and mouth agape…
Additionally, there are some edits to the bow-based classes:

• Reflex Bow (renamed Short Bow) is 1-2 range but less crit
  • Markswoman get Lethality and Crit Boost (the graphic for Lethality does not display, but the auto-kill still works) (this is for a player unit only, you won’t fight enemy Markswomen because Lethality and Crit Boost on an enemy isn’t fun)
  • Longbows have Bolting/Purge range (but heavy weight and low might - a late game poison version is a bit better)

Honestly though, the lack of 3x effectiveness against flyers really won’t matter much. You will very rarely encounter a wyvern - you’ll predominantly encounter pegasus knights. Given their low HP and defense (though I have made their HP growth higher than vanilla), 3x effectiveness is overkill and largely unnecessary.

Relevant Lore (including world map) - note: there are differences from the prequel's lore overview

To reiterate and emphasize: this lengthy lore overview is not 100% necessary, and you should organically learn most of it from just playing the game. This is less of a resource to memorize prior to playing the game, and more of a library for you to return to if you want clarity or depth on lore aspects as you get comfortable with the world.

The continent* of Ivos is a binary landmass, with a moderately-sized strait cutting it right down the middle. The western and eastern halves have had varying degrees of relations over the course of the world’s history. At the moment, a fairly stringent empire rules over Ivos, with the exception of the independent nation of Qorlin.

The Ivosian Empire - founded roughly 120 years prior to the hack’s story, the empire undesignedly evolved from a multi-national treaty that aimed to promote continental security in the aftermath of a catastrophic war. The treaty’s drafting and deliberations were led by Eldros, and initially the Eldrosian monarch was promoted to High King of Ivos - this was an attempt to establish a continental power with supreme oversight over Ivosian security matters. However, after the death of the first high king, the successor declared himself ‘Emperor of Ivos’ and total governing ruler. The rest of Ivos affirmed this transition, as it was merely nominal at the time. And with the scars of war still present in people’s minds, there was no desire for armed disagreement.

Over decades, the imperial family and ruling class tightened its grip and introduced new taxes and laws that strengthened the emperor’s power and diminished the efficacy of national governments. Standing militaries were abolished**, and only the empire was allowed to maintain a professional army. The countries were each permitted to retain a small defense force (a reserve-type unit) to deal with banditry/crime and potential unforeseen threats. Shortly after the new military laws were enacted, the emperor declared that the countries of Ivos were now provinces, in an attempt to promote Ivosian nationalism over peoples’ respective home countries. Despite the increasingly authoritarian nature of the empire, the status quo has been fairly peaceful throughout the empire’s existence.

The imperial military takes both conscripts and volunteers into its ranks. Enlisted soldiers are trained at one of the many training camps spread throughout the continent. For officers, each province has a small, imperial-managed training school for nobles that qualifies graduates for officer posts in the imperial military (it is not required to join upon completing the school, but you are subject to conscription).

It’s important to note that although the emperor resides in Eldros’ capital, Eldros is a province. There is no master state, and all governing power stems directly from the emperor. A special district within Eldros’ capital contains the imperial keep, where the emperor and his government reside.

**An exception to this rule is the existence of Eldros’ Sentinel Order. Previously a regiment-sized component of the Eldrosian Army, they acted as an elite van of shock troops during wartime and magistrates during peace, the Sentinels are now relegated to the size of a company. Their present mission: to guard the Eldrosian monarch and to aid other provinces’ defense forces. Although the imperial line has renounced its Eldrosian heritage, Eldros has received infrequent benefits from being the progenitor of the empire. The Sentinels share training facilities with the imperial officer school located just outside of Eldros’ capital.

Eldros – historically the “first among equals” of the nations of Ivos, and previously the wealthiest and most technologically advanced of the Ivosian monarchies. But, imperial rule has inadvertently acted as an equalizer across the continent, and Eldros no longer boasts a significant edge over Jurgari and Crodolia. A cadet branch of the Eldrosian royal family was elevated to the monarchy following the ‘heir apparent to the high king’ declaring himself emperor and renouncing his Eldrosian heritage.

The capital of Eldros, Akhen, was considered an architectural marvel compared to contemporary continental cities for some time. However, the empire has not been interested in cultivating arts or visual aesthetic, and certain landmarks and parts of the city have not been well-maintained or innovated. While greatly diminished compared to pre-imperial times, Eldros’ artistic scene remains the premier location for artists across Ivos.

Irkinya – a tropical, purely agrarian-based land, Irkinya is the smallest of the Ivosian provinces. The climate is warm-to-hot all year round, and a variety of crops are grown here and sold across the continent (though, all deals must be approved by the empire’s economic planners). Irkinyans are not nomadic, but they do have exceptional appreciations of the outdoors, tribalism, and simplicity. Irkinya is Eldros’ closest friend; the two countries are separated by a large forest and some rocky terrain, but they enjoy frequent exchanges of goods, knowledge, and people.

Terra Servus - previously the nation of Corvo, first occupied and enslaved by Jurgari in the aftermath of the continental war which preceded the empire’s formation. A Corvan insurgency operated within Jurgari during the war, and additional events that occurred shortly after the war’s conclusion incensed the Jurgari people to the point of occupying Corvo and enslaving its citizens.

When the empire formed, roughly a decade after the war’s conclusion, governance of the enslaved Corvans was transferred to the emperor, who renamed the country ‘Terra Servus.’ An imperial-appointed arbiter now governs Terra Servus directly, with the slaves’ labor being leveraged at the arbiter’s and the emperor’s discretion. While some Ivosians are not fond of the idea of slavery, Corvo is generally accepted to deserve their fate for their responsibility in causing the ‘War of Corvan Aggression’.

Jurgari – previously nicknamed the “Eldros of the West,” Jurgari’s vast woodlands and plains are ripe with natural resources and wildlife. However, an unknown catastrophe resulted in the destruction of much of Jurgari’s lush northwestern forest. Despite this, the nation remains a significant producer and seller of materials and artisan goods. Weaponry is one of the few commodities that is not primarily developed in Terra Servus, as Jurgari’s highly-skilled artisans are preferred by the empire for outfitting the imperial military.

Crodolia – a nation with a rather crude reputation. Crodolians are said to be impatient, brusque, and even unhygienic. Their northern climate is not as harsh as Qorlin’s, given their general region of residence to be south of the Narv Range of mountains, rather than being nestled inside of it like Qorlin. Though they arguably lack sophistication, they are shrewd traders and craftspeople. Rumors of governmental corruption are rampant. The same catastrophe that affected Jurgari also destroyed the western half of Crodolia. However, there was not much of value in that part of the country, and only a few interspersed villages across the previously encompassing plains were lost.

Qorlin – the only independent nation and democracy on the continent. There are no viscounts, barons, or peerage of any sort. The chief minister and members of the legislature are elected twice per decade. All voting is purely popular, and a plurality of 60% or higher wins. Qorlinians pride themselves on having an adept understanding of justice and governance. Their military is formidable, given extensive training in the harsh northern reaches of the continent. Wyverns are natural to Qorlin’s environment, and you’re unlikely to see one elsewhere in Ivos. Although Qorlin is physically located on Ivos, the country is siloed both by choice and regional geography, and they have had little contact with the empire and its provinces; they conventionally keep to themselves… at least, publicly that is.

*It’s a bit murky, whether Ivos is an actual continent by definition. It’s more accurate to say the two landmasses that comprise Ivos share the same continental crust. But throughout the hack and any mentions here, I think it’s just easier to call it a continent.

Chapter-specific Notes and Recruitment
  • The house in Ch 4 has a VERY good item and is worth it if you can get there. However, I don’t expect most players to be able to and I don’t recommend trying unless you’re uber confident (or just want to try for fun and won’t get upset when things get tough).
  • If you kill any slaves in Chs 10 or 13x, you will probably regret it.
  • You should probably kill the boss in Ch 13, but you don’t have to.
  • In Ch 23, you will need to manually end your turn for the first few turns.
  • Ch 15’s win condition is Defend-Rout-Talk.
    The action that directly yields the win is to talk to the enemy boss (you’ll probably want him to be the last unit on the field when doing so). However, some of your party must defend your camp. If enemies reach either of the two forts, game over. And if you kill the boss, game over.
    Regarding enemy AI in this chapter - some enemies will go straight for the forts and ignore your units, some will go for the forts but attack any players on the way, and some will purely be going for your units.
Data (growths, recruitment, etc.)

Growths Spreadsheet

Recruitment Information:

Aaron should be able to recruit most units.
There are a few exceptions.
Ch 6: Alex recruits Kain
Ch 6: Davit or Tethes recruit Brit
Ch 7: Anní recruits Eve/Cynthia
Ch 10: Jack recruits Kaz

If you don’t see a potential unit on this list, that means Aaron can recruit them, in addition to whoever the direct connection is (where applicable).

Spoils of War turn thresholds that result in loss of gold:

Ch 3: 12 turns or more
Ch 6: 13 turns or more
Ch 7: 17 turns or more
Ch 9: 16 turns or more
Ch 10: 21 turns or more
Ch 14: 19 turns or more
Ch 20: 21 turns or more
Ch 21: 21 turns or more

Secret Shops:
Chapter 17
Chapter 22

Spoils of War

Around half of the chapters will yield a reward in gold for completion. This is meant to both give the player their main source of income and reward decisive play. While you get a reward for finishing a chapter reasonably, you will incur a debt for taking too long.

There are five possibilities for the outcome:
+15,000 gold
+7,500 gold
+2,500 gold
-5,000 gold (becomes -10,000 on two late-game chapter)
-some of your weapons/items (if you don’t have the 5K/10K gold to cover the debt)

Average players should be falling into the +7,500 category most often and shouldn’t ever see the penalty. The system leans toward being generous, so you would have to really take a while to lose gold/items (arena abuse will almost certainly result in you reaching the penalty thresholds).

Without giving away too much, let’s just say you’ll probably want to be responsible with your gold for some time. It will be very clear when the game wants you to spend a lot.

Screnshots and trailer

bastscreen
ss2
ss3
kain
ss4
ss5

Known Issues

A general note: if you encounter significant bugs that hinder your progress, send me your save, and I will make sure you can continue your playthrough. There shouldn’t be any game-breaking bugs of this nature… (for real this time, I think we’ve squashed everything serious) but you never know.

• Switching the window color currently causes a freeze/crash. I am looking into fixing this.
  • In Ch 13, if you use ‘the thing,’ some border tiles on the western and eastern sides of the map get bugged (as in, they display as solid black instead of their correct tiles). You likely wouldn’t step on these tiles anyway, so just ignore them for the time being.
  • One breakable wall in Ch 21 and one in Ch 24 sometimes don’t work for some reason - it shouldn’t be too annoying, as there are other alternatives nearby. I am working on fixing this.
  • A certain character that you recruit at the end of Ch 15 might show up as level 0 in Ch 16 instead of their assigned level. If this happens, the unit is still playable as normal, just enjoy the extra potential levels.
  • A particular unit’s portrait changes after promotion. The patch that does this does not cover every instance though (Support convos and ending slides are the two places I’ve noticed); not a huge deal, but if you see this, it’s not a bug - just the way it is.
  • If you read this area before, you may remember I noted an animation issue with a unit that has melee and magic capability. This has been resolved and the animations should play without issue. However, there is one little side-effect remaining: only the melee weapons are displayed in the weapon rank screen, even for magic units. Kind of annoying, I know. I’m working on resolving this.
inb4

Welcome to the ‘inb4’ section. Here, I will attempt to preemptively allay common concerns and questions.

• “There are mountains in the middle of the village in Ch 16…”

I wanted them to be trees, but Snow Castle doesn’t have trees. Just think of them as hills rather than mountains.

• “Half of his sword is blue!”

Yep.

• “Shading is missing in Ch 12.”

The shading in this palette looks particularly bad IMO, to the point that having it there is more distracting than not.

• “Shading is missing on some water tiles in Ch 22.”

I know, but the tiles with shading didn’t connect well together while animated, so I think the water looks better without the shading.

• “Why didn’t you use breakable walls for the thing in Ch 10?”

That tileset doesn’t have any breakable walls by default, and I built the map before I discovered I was able to change tile type. Once I realized this, I decided to keep it as-is, because forcing you to break all of the walls essentially achieves the same resolution and just wastes your weapon usage. There shouldn’t be many enemies left at this point either.

• “You should vary the floor tiles in Ch 21.”

I tried that, but IMO the other two relevant floor tiles are urine-colored.

• “There’s something wrong with the river in Ch 15. Units that can normally cross rivers can’t here.”

The party is in the frigid north, the water is too cold for horses and people.

• “Something is wrong with those green units in the Ch 20 end event.”

I know. Sadly, there is no better workaround (that I know of, at least).

For some reason, they used to look a lot better, but on my most recent playthrough the colors looked really out of place. I didn’t change the parameter values, so I don’t know what happened. Currently it’s low on the list of things to address, but I do mean to figure something out.

• “The water on the island-hopping map does not move.”

I know. Between the various tileset wizards updating this tileset, the animations broke. They will probably be fixed at some point, but I do not know when.

Atrocity of Love - prequel archive

If you’re new to this thread, the following download is a two-chapter prequel, Atrocity of Love.

Why? Well, a lot of fiction media has backstory to the main content that only exists in text (an info-dump in the beginning like the FEGBA games, a mentor-type character recounting the events, etc.) - I thought it may be fun to play through some of this backstory yourself. So, this prequel hack brings you through some of the major historical events that lead to the happenings of the main hack.

It is not required to play this to understand the main hack’s story. However, you’ll definitely get an added angle on what’s going on.

Since this is not the full hack, this prequel retains quite a bit of FE-ness, meaning: most music is from vanilla, many classes are from vanilla, there aren’t fancy new battle frames or menus or item icons, etc. However, the characters are all original splices, and there are a few imported classes in the second chapter.

This prequel takes place roughly 150 years prior to the main hack. You will follow two separate (but related) stories, with a different cast of characters per chapter. The continent*, presently, looks like this (notes: only capital cities, major waterways, major forests, major mountain ranges, etc. are shown - and while this is mostly drawn to intended scale, I made the strait too wide).

Note: the end condition on Ch1 is either Kenner dying or the enemy general arriving at the throne room’s entrance (with the former taking about 15 mintues).

Prequel lore overview archive

The continent of Ivos is a binary landmass, with a moderately-sized strait cutting it right down the middle. The western and eastern halves have had varying degrees of relations over the course of the world’s history. At the moment, the political situation is fairly tame; marriages and trade agreements have strengthened the bonds between countries. While localized skirmishes occur from time to time, there has not been a major war in a few centuries (of course, this is an FE hack, so that’s about to change).

You will organically learn about the countries of Ivos (more so in the full hack), but for those of you who enjoy this type of information ahead of time, here are short summaries:

Qorlin – the only democracy on the continent. There are no viscounts, barons, or peerage of any sort.
The chief minister and members of the legislature are elected twice per decade. All voting is purely popular, and a plurality of 60% or higher wins. Qorlinians pride themselves on having an adept understanding of justice and governance. Their military is formidable, given extensive training in the harsh northern reaches of the continent. Wyverns are natural to Qorlin’s environment, and you’re unlikely to see one elsewhere in Ivos. Although Qorlin is physically located on Ivos, the country is siloed both by choice and regional geography, and they conventionally keep to themselves… at least, publicly that is.

Eldros – the “first among equals” of the nations of Ivos. Eldros is the wealthiest and most technologically advanced of the Ivosian monarchies. The capital of Eldros, Akhen, is an architectural marvel compared to contemporary continental cities. Eldros’ military may be as strong as Qorlin’s, but the two nations have not tangled in a very long time. Eldrosians value wealth, power, and artistry. Their artistic scene is a beacon to artists across the continent.

Irkinya – a tropical, purely agrarian-based nation, Irkinya is the smallest of the Ivosian monarchies. The climate is warm-to-hot all year ‘round, and a variety of crops are grown here and sold across the continent. Irkinyans are not nomadic, but they do have exceptional appreciations of the outdoors, tribalism, and simplicity. Irkinya is Eldros’ closest friend; the two countries are separated by a large forest and some rocky terrain, but they enjoy frequent exchanges of goods, knowledge, and people.

Corvo – although Irkinya is the smallest of the monarchies, Corvo is the weakest. Their lands boast little in terms of resources or viable farmland. They rely on their northern-most neighbor, Jurgari, for much of their daily and routine goods. Despite being an obvious candidate for invasion, Ivos’ countries treat Corvo with respect and provide assistance when possible (and of course, when politically expedient). In classic FE trope fashion, the relatively resource-lacking Corvans have sought work in the industries of mercenarism and physical labor. It’s not that Corvans are particularly better fighters than the other nations’; they simply have an abundance of people willing to do the work.

Jurgari – the “Eldros of the West,” Jurgari’s vast woodlands and plains are ripe with natural resources and wildlife. Jurgari is known to produce and sell incredibly high quality clothing and weapons. The rest of Ivos purchases significant amounts of materials and goods from Jurgari’s comprehensive inventory. Of all of the Ivosian countries, Jurgari provides the most aid to Corvo, given their close proximity and shared heritage (they were one country in the past). This strain inhibits the Jurgari economy from rivaling Eldros’, but Jurgari is by no means in a difficult fiscal position.

Crodolia – a nation with a rather crude reputation. Crodolians are said to be impatient, brusque, and even unhygienic. Their northern climate is not as harsh as Qorlin’s, given their general region of residence to be south of the Narv Range of mountains, rather than being nestled inside of it like Qorlin. Though they arguably lack sophistication, they are shrewd traders and craftspeople. Rumors of governmental corruption are rampant.

*It’s a bit murky, whether Ivos is an actual continent by definition. It’s more accurate to say the two landmasses that comprise Ivos share the same continental crust. But throughout the hack and any mentions here, I think it’s just easier to call it a continent.

Credits (includes content from main hack)
General/guides:
    @Operator0G playtested the hack on hard mode and reported many issues, providing invaluable 
    feedback and notes
    @Ribombee @Rigas @Unknown have essentially become playtesters and are the first round of 
    players on the quite buggy public release. Their feedback and reports have been significantly 
    helpful
    IS/Nintendo, for developing and funding the game
    7743, for FEBuilderGBA, the FF ‘agas’, and providing unlimited free tech support
    TLP, Requiem, R2R, OCA
    FEU site and Discord, for troubleshooting help, ideas, and information
    ZoramineFae, for entertaining my annoying idea and providing a few tileset edits
    Shin/Klokinator, for managing the Google Drive & animations website
    TheFlyingMinotaur, Character Creator 
    VonIthipathachai, for their guide on splicing via CC
    Sme’s Eventing Guide
    Sme’s Music Insertion Guide
    DerTheVaporeon’s Tile Insertion Guide

Assets:
    Russel Clark (Mercenary F)
    Jubby, fuzz94 (Myrmidon, short hair)
    Cybaster (Trueblade)
    Pikmin1211, Maiser6, Skitty, GabrielKnight (Cath + Knife)
    Keks_Krebs, Peerless, SD9K, The_Big_Dededester (Assassin with bow M)
    Keks_Krebs, Beccarte, SD9K (Assassin with bow F)
    Temp, Black Mage, Wan (Rogue F)
    Waleed (Recruit M)
    Alusq (Improved Soldier 2.0 M, Deserter)
    Alusq, Maiser6 (Improved Soldier 2.0 F)
    TBA, Spud (Halberdier 2.0 M)
    Mercenary Lord, NYZGamer, Pikmin1211, Maiser6 (Dragoon v2)
    MK404 (Fighter)
    Jeorge_Reds (Archer, Lyn-style)
    Nuramon (Villager M and F, Dread Fighter M, Marshall map sprite, Soldier Red mug, Marksman F, Armored Wyvern Lord)
    eCut (Non-Sacaen Nomad M)
    Pikmin1211, Maiser6 (Non-Sacaen Nomadic Trooper)
    Salvaged (Knight)
    IS, Hairyblob, Maiser6 (Zephiel)
    TBA, DerTheVaporeon, Nuramon (Shield v2 + cape)
    Kenpuhu, Aruka, Nuramon (Grand Palain)
    Flasuban, eCut (Helmet-less Wyvern Rider M)
    Red Bean, Jeorge_Reds (Priestess Celica, Princess Celica)
    Cipher Lee, DerTheVaporeon, Nuramon (Greil Hero)
    IS, Black Mage, Temp, Wan, Eldritch Abomination, Orihara_Saki (Bard Elffin)
    JonoTheRed (Supplier)
    Pikmin1211 (Pupil F)
    Solum (Mage Long-Hair F)
    Greentea, Nuramon (Limstella)
    MrNight, DerTheVaporeon (Patriarch)
    Temp, Shin19 (Hoodless Shaman)
    Aruka, Kenpuhu (Sword Lyon)
    Eldritch Abomination, Shin19 (Generic Necromancer)
    Pikmin1211, GabrielKnight, Maiser6, Lisandra_Brave, TBA (Troubadour M)
    IS, Teraspark, Aruka, Kenpuhu, Seal (Mage Knight M)
    Leo_link (Dark Dragon)
    BwdYeti (Arcthunder)
    Melia (Nomadic-looking red haired guy with feather and bandana guy with scar)
    Thunder_Mage (Black Lightning)
    Golden Sun, Mikey_Seregon (Glacies, Tempest)
    Mikey_Seregon (Hail, Thunder DS, Tornado, Tempest)
    Seal (Hellfire)
    Arch (Thoron, Tornado)
    SquareEnix (Holy) – it’s listed as SE in the repo, was this also 7743?
    SHYUTERz (Dark Breath)
    St jack, FF5 (Flare)
    RobertFYP (Assassin F map sprite)
    Sephie (short hair Myrmidon map sprite)
    Agro (Merecnary F map sprite)
    Falsuban (Soldier F map sprite)
    N426 (Supplier map sprite)
    HyperGammaSpaces (Grand Paladin map sprite)
    Pikmin1211, L95, DertheVaporeon (Great Knight alt map sprite)
    Ash3wl, L95, Dominus_Vobiscum (Mage F FE4 style Thunder)
    L95 (Swordmaster F class card)
    Lenh (Evil Tactician mug)
    Obsidian (Sailor lady mug)
    NICKT (Salvage 1 mug)
    LaurentLacroix (Soldier F mug)
    FEier (Staff guy mug)
    AmBrosiac (#5 mug)
    DertheVaporeon (#9 mug)
    BatimatheBat (FE6 evil mug)
    Zmr (#1 mug)
    GenericPretsel (Skeleton mug)
    P33RL355 (Human Kishuna mug)
    Flasuban (Mugshot 1)
    GabrielKnight (Weapon/item icons)
    Ereshkigal (Weapon/item icons)

Patches:
    16 tracks/12 sounds, Agro/Brendor
    All Instrument, Blazer
    Disable Prep Store for a Particular Map, 7743
    Change Battle BGM By Chapter, 7743
    Continue Battle BGM Between Map and Combat, 7743
    Drumfix, circleseverywhere
    Instantaneously move unit at specific place to another coord, 7743
    Force Rescue, circleseverywhere
    Show BrokenWall Effect, 7743
    Silent Give Item, 7743
    Danger Zone, circleseverywhere
    UNCM, Tequila
    01command_hack, Hextator
    48command_hack, Hextator
    Switch Portrait by class/flag/chapter, 7743
    Set Victory BGM by Chapter, 7743
    Anti-Huffman, Hextator
    Range Display Fix, icecube
    Skip world map fix, stan
    Have multiple units seize, 7743
    Skip the event using the opening world map, 7743
    NIMAP, circleseverywhere
    NIMAP2, Alusq
    CSA_Creator_For_FE8U version 1 and 2, circleseverywhere
    Prohibit Support Conversation under specific conditions, 7743
    Muli Class Pick Skill, 7743
    Add Event(s): Bulk Selling, Support Check, Get HP, Get Level, Get/Set Unit Status, Item Check, Lose Item, Force Drop to Event, GetKillerUnitID, Get/Set/ClearSupportLevel, Send unit’s all items to transporter – 7743 
    ExModularSave, Stan
    Fix Dodge to Front Glitch, Snakey1
    Change Weapon Range Text, 7743
    Deny Deployment from Preparations,  aera  and 7743
    Less Annoying Fog, Leonarth
    Skip World Map Fix, Stan
    Display All 8 Wranks, Kirb
    MultiTileMarker Display multiple exit markers, 7743
    Define multiple classes that can discover desert treasure, 7743
    NarrowFont, Scraiza
    PassiveBoosts (no-stack), Venno
    Simple setting of Sacred Weapons 2, 7743
    UnitActionRework, Stan
    Change Effectiveness damage coefficient of the weapon, 7743

Music:
    Govzlegacy
    The Hungarian Coverist
    Bev Wooff
    Tsu Ryu and Sailor Raika
    Unknown
27 Likes

Oh man, I saw the trailer and I’m really excited and looking forward to play the main game. I really liked what I saw until now and, to be honest, that Markswoman animation looks amazing(I just love all kinds of archers and always use them on the hacks I play, don’t ask me why). Also, I loved the soundtrack!
Good luck developing the game, I hope you have a good time doing it and I’m definitely gonna play it!

No rush to finish it so soon (it may impact ur real life or decrease the hacks stoey quality) unless u have a lot of time and some writing experience
Other peoples uses much longer time to perfect the hack

Thanks, all credit goes to Nuramon for that animation.

The main hack is essentially done. Everything is implemented and tested (I did 4 start-to-finish playthroughs and a lot of testing per chapter as I built it). I’m just doing some final polishing at the moment. If an issue arises that precludes me from feeling it’s ready in 2-3 weeks, I’ll delay it. But, short of a catastrophe, I’m pretty confident in this plan.

1 Like

This looks pretty cool. If you’d like, I can try to fix up the palettes and a few mugs.

Sure. There are definitely things that could use some fixing and touching up. That’s much appreciated.

1 Like

Playing on normal, I see a couple things you might want to fix/change:
While the enemies are primarily “Eldros”, and the playables “Soldiers”, the two enemy thieves are also “Soldiers”. Their character name also has “There are no messages for this menu item”.

This thief on the right appears to have underflowed his strength.

I think it’s a little silly for Kenner to have Seth’s description with one word changed.

Legaius and Queen Corvo’s names are cut off on the statscreen. Legaius and King Corvo’s classes do not have names or descriptions.

1 Like

Thanks for playing.

Those thieves are supposed to be soldiers - “soldier” refers to the actual notion of being in an army here, rather than the class (though, there are actual Soldier class units too, so I see that can be confusing).

I thought a throwback to Seth would be appreciated :(. I guess not.

Good call on the names being cut off - I’ll check through all of them again and clean them up for the next version. Regarding the classes, those classes are actually blank in vanilla, but it would be easy to rename them appropriately.

So what do I win?

(this victory was brought to you by Kenner’s A lance rank and a whole lot of javelin spamming)

1 Like

Ah, looks like I left Seth’s unit wranks on there. Good note. Without that, I’m curious if the chapter is still winnable.

I’m not sure if I should put you up as the start of a leaderboard, since this strategy won’t be reproducible and is sort of exploity. But I commend your dedication; I’m sure it took a while.

Your prize is knowing that you just saved countless lives and prevented a continental war, a tyrannical empire, and a second continental war.

EDIT: Actually, tbh, Varis was just a duke and only leading a brigade. There are still many divisions/units of Eldrosian soldiers in Corvo. So, you’ve just prolonged the inevitable. It seems Ivos is destined for darkness regardless of the player’s actions here. :confused:

The allied paladin can replicate the javelin spamming and also use killer lance crits; I used Kenner because he had better skill/speed (he doubled Varis after getting a speed level), and for irony points. After the fix, Kenner can also rig ~30 hit handaxes if someone were truly determined.
Edit:
This description in chapter 2 probably needs to be changed.

1 Like

Further stuff:
This villager is weak to horseslayers.

2 Likes

It’s been 3 weeks now I’m hoping you could finish it in time

1 Like

Very close.

Of course, three weeks game development time = five to six weeks real world time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I ended up expanding the scope of the finale a bit, and that has taken time to polish. But that is mostly done, and I’m just doing polishing and testing on various facets across the hack.

I would say I expect to be ready to release in another two weeks-ish.

4 Likes

I’m waiting :grin::grin:

1 Like

Oh and BTW i dont really know what to expect from this game.The demo i saw rn doesn’t make any sense.Could you please show some info thats not gonna ruin my gameplay?

By ‘demo,’ do you mean the trailer or the prequel? The former is not really supposed to make sense. The latter most definitely is supposed to.

There are some screenshots in the main post, and the trailer does show a few maps/scenes from the main game. I don’t think anything shown thus far should ruin gameplay or negatively affect your experience.

But the TLDR on the project is: ~25 chapter journey across a continent, geopolitical conflicts, personal growth and investigating open-ended questions, etc… Pretty much classic-type FE, though I tried to tint it with a slightly more serious and grounded tone.

2 Likes

Do you now have the exact time of the release??

Congratulations on the release! Looking at first glance, this is very much a nitpick, but I’d suggest using the “Chapter titles to text” patch, since it seems you pieced these together as images, leading to them looking a bit awkward.

Edit:
Trying to change the window color crashes the game.

Also Edgar is missing something on his head, and his description is that of Mansel’s.

Further edit: Maxori’s battle convos with Aaron and Ortello are mutually exclusive (maybe intentional)? I

2 Likes

Huh, no idea what could be causing the color thing. I’ll troubleshoot tomorrow.

That’s not even Edgar, that’s another minor-ish character. Noted in my list as well.

Thanks.