The FE8 PME That Could(n't)

So, hey. It’s uh… been a while. I’m going to be honest, and just say that this is getting dropped.
I’ll apologize now for everyone who was looking forward to this. (Was there anyone looking forward to this?) I’ll start with an explanation.

Why I'm Dropping This, and an Apology

I started this project as a way to learn FEBuilder, and it started off great, but then holes appeared before I really noticed what was going on, and I never really stopped to fix them. I also realized that the thread itself wasn’t really getting any momentum, and while that itself isn’t really discouraging, it hurts a PME especially. I’ll be the first to state it: this one is on me. I got way too ambitious for what was a PME, and it bit me. Still, I feel like I’ve learned a lot from this, and I appreciate everyone who submitted a character, and put up with my terrible newness. Thank you.

TLDR; I did way too much, too fast. again. Sorry guys.

Still, I really don’t want to just slowly disappear into the ether after this, and I really did have fun working on this, so I’m gonna announce a new project. I’m gonna try to refine what I did here, and make it into an actual hack worth playing. If any of you want to have the characters you submitted in it, I would love to put them in, albeit with a little rewriting of the backstories of some, since you guys really did put some effort in with most of these, and writing them was really fun. If you don’t want your character in, I understand completely, and I appreciate you reading this anyways. I’ll ask you to either ping me here, or let me know on discord (Omnifox999#7886) if you’d like your character to be used in the upcoming hack, and I’ll release information on it when I have enough for a post, which I will link here.

I’m also going to keep the link to the last patch I did for this, in case anyone wants to play what little I did get done, or attempt to edit whatever I slapped together and called “good enough”

Once again, thank you for reading.

5 Likes

Aren’t those numbers… High
You have 7 stats to work with, 400 gives you ~55% in everything
600 gives you ~85% in everything.

They are a tad high yeah, but that does include HP, and I prefer units that can actually grow. besides that, growth units should be better if you train them, Ross makes me sad lol.

this requirement is ridiculously high, every single unit in this game will completely smash the entire game and ross is not a bad unit at all. there is no balance if every unit has 50+ rates in everything

Yeah, I may have jumped the gun on the numbers lol. Again, first real hack. maybe toning that down to like, 350 would be better? 450 for growths. Ross isn’t a bad unit, but it’s dumb that he has some of the lowest growth rates of all of the characters in sacred stones.

He has lower total growths because he has higher total levels, they more than even it out.

Iirc lord’s in GBA have around 325 with normal units around 300, so I would typically aim for that. If you want higher totals, 375/325 is probably enough for your ests/normal units.

I’ve actually got Erika’s growths pulled up, and they seem at 350. granted she has wonky bases, but she usually ends up just ok at level 20, so that seemed like a good spot.

Nah, you can make a unit with growths that high that’s not just gonna stomp the game, just allocate them badly! (But really, while the original totals you had were kind of insane, growth totals aren’t really all that meaningful as a performance metric, the base stats and the way the growths are distributed mean a lot more.) Anyway, here, have an obvious joke:

Name: Moulder
Class: Priest
Growths - has to equal 350% for normal units, 450 for growth units
HP: 125%
Mag: 0%
Skill: 145%
Speed: 0%
Luck: 75%
Def: 105%
Res: 0%
Growth unit or normal: Growth
Who they are replacing: Moulder
Portrait: (Credit: me!)
Moulder THE BOULDER {UltraxBlade}
Character Description: THE BOULDER
Inventory: Stone*, Mend
Personal weapon: Stone – the gorgons’ petrify thing, but make it his personal weapon and give it more uses

3 Likes

I enjoy this. This brings joy.

I wasn’t really going to submit but given I’ve posted so many times I feel obligated
I’ll edit in a portait later

it’s there now

Name: Lerak
Class: Villager
HP: 105
Pow: 60
Skl: 60
Spd: 60
Lck: 60
Def: 55
Res: 50
Growth unit

Replacement: Ross
Portrait:

Description: A blacksmith-for-hire. Not very good at her job.
Inventory: Rusty Sword (a poison sword but it doesn’t break)

2 Likes

Name: Red
Class: Assassin
Growths:
HP: 90%
Str: 35%
Skl: 70%
Spd: 50%
Lck: 55%
Def: 25%
Res: 25%
Normal unit
Who they are replacing: Orson
Red Crewmate {Mysterious Dancer}.png
Portrait by Mysterious Dancer

Character Description (5x): Not gonna lie, Red do be looking a bit sus right now.
Character Description (Boss): I TOLD YOU! Red was the impostor the whole time!
Inventory (5x): Silver Sword, Light Brand, Elixir
Inventory (Boss): Wind Sword, Shamshir, Hoplon Guard

̶ ̶̶̶w̶̶̶h̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶d̶̶̶i̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶i̶̶̶ ̶̶̶d̶̶̶o̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶g̶̶̶e̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶m̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶u̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶l̶̶̶p̶̶̶ ̶̶̶m̶̶̶e̶̶̶

1 Like

So, I’m not actually sure how to do anything with the creature campaign, as I’ve not played and tested it as much as the base game, so the creature campaign will unfortunately remain pretty much unedited. This is absolutely hilarious, however.

1 Like

Name: Durga
Class: Armor Knight
Growths - 450% growth unit
Hp: 30%
Atk: 80%
Skl: 80%
Spd: 100%
Def: 80%
Res: 30%
Lck: 50%

Growth unit-base stats halved
Replacing: Gilliam
Generic FE7 Soldier F F2E(Kyrads)

Character Description: As strong as Steel
Inventory
Pft weapon
Vulnerary

Personal weapon:
Unbreakable lance with the stats of the iron lance but with nosferatu effects

1 Like

So, as I said in the post, I’m replacing Erika myself. I do like the character though, so does anyone else come to mind they’d replace?

I shall replace seth, if it would be alright

I replaced the first three named characters. Those being Seth, Erika, and O’Neil. Moulder, Orson and Ross are currently replaced as well.

Then it shall be Gilliam

Gotta ask, just for credits sake, do you know who made this?

ohhey. another person who ‘probably’ likes foxes.
Greetings fellow fox fanatic!
Hmmmm… We’ll have to see if I throw any random ideas at this one as well.

1 Like

Greetings to you as well.