So, a while back, I had decided to work on a hack for FE8. It was just gonna be a reskin where I basically did whatever I wanted for the game, and I tried to do way too much, way too fast. To remedy this, I have decided to make a new PME, just as a way for me to get familiar with FEBuilder.
The format to submit a character is as follows:
Growths - has to equal 350% for normal units, 450 for growth units
Growth unit or normal - Growth units have base stats halved
Who they are replacing
Link to Mug, if you have one
Personal weapon, if you’d like. I’ll try to make as many of these as I can, but I make no promises.
Just to make sure everyone is up to speed, and to make sure no one has to scroll through the entire thread just to see who is taken.
Replaced Characters, And By Who
Erika - Grant, by myself
Seth - Reed, by myself
Gilliam - Durga, by Taylor
Frans - Casval, by Jackofblades1991
Moulder - Moulder, by UltraxBlade
Vanessa - Dexia, by Taylor
Neimi - Kobeni, by Freefall
Colm - Ella, by VelvetKitsune
Ross - Lerak, by Dancer_A
Garcia - Garrison, by Taylor
Lute - Sorbet, by VelvetKitsune
Artur - King, by BandanaSplitzzz
Joshua - Marisa, by ReturnOfTheBlackKnight
Ephraim - Malik, by Taylor
Orson - Red, by MageHero21
Forde - Kran, by Franz
Kyle - Zane?, by UltraxBlade
Innes - Chyle, by MageHero21
L’Arachael - Looker, by UltraxBlade
Dozla - Bridget, by VelvetKitsune
Saleh - Phorde, by MageHero21
O’neil - Dorcas, by myself
Entombed Boss -
Wight Boss -
Maelduin Boss -
Deathgoyle Boss -
Cyclops Boss - Rita, by VelvetKitsune
Orson - Red, by MageHero21
Gorgon Boss -
Demon King -
This format should make for interesting characters. At least I hope so lol.
I will be creating the characters replacing Erika, Seth and O’Neil, so aside from those two, pretty much anything goes as far as named characters. Obviously bosses don’t get growths, but I tend to give them higher offensive stats than player bases anyways, so it should be fine. I’ll release a demo once I get about five chapters in, and then whenever I feel I’ve made enough progress to actually constitute a demo. Also I’m getting rid of main game fog. Just figured I’d mention that.
Horray for progress! I’ve gotten a few things done! Everything up to chapter 4 is done, and that means that you guys get your first easter egg character! (Not really an easter egg, but c’mon) He should be pretty obvious, but just in case, all the easter egg characters can be talked to by Grant, since otherwise that’d make things really complicated.
More bugs! I have no idea why some of this stuff is happening, but here’s a list.
- Some dialog is bugged, and will overlap. I’m not sure if this is because I’m hitting A to mash through it, or if it’s a speedup thing.
- The Stoner staff is currently broken, so I’ve removed it from Moulder’s inventory. I have no idea what’s causing it to not work, but I’m trying to fix it.
- The alloy bow will sometimes have a portrait freak out. Unsure of why this is, but it has no effect on gameplay, so I’m just gonna ship it as-is
- So many early game axefighters. You have 3. In a party of 6. I’m gonna need to balance for that somewhere lol
- Lerak and Garrison are at the mercy of RNG with the bandit near them. I’m gonna fix this later, but for now, it’s fine.
- Unsure of how good on average Sorbet is, but that’ll have to wait for a later patch.
Link: Apologies for the rapid reupload, but I realized too late that Dexia’s portrait had not been updated, and this fixes that, as well as adding a small thing in the files to help me later. (Hint, we no longer have 3 pegasi, but we do have two brigands, maybe a third would do something?)