Map Contest: Round 18

@dancer_A Manages this account.

Basic rules:
-Make a new map that adheres to the basic guidelines of the contest round(IE don’t just dig up an old one you made please)
-You can enter in either option for the round (or both so you choose)
-Do not use any tileset outside of the one provided (depends on the round requirements though)
-Don’t just use a computer-generated map (although I can’t always tell if anyone used one, but for the sake of the craft I guess don’t? It’d be pretty lame dude)
-PM your map submissions directly to @MISTER_MAPS
-Idk drink a Dr Pibb

Feel free to use this topic to discuss ideas, ask questions, etc, but please refrain from actually posting a submission; I will be doing that in a voting topic once the due date is met.

Resources:
Map Creator - One of the easiest to use programs for making maps. I believe the download includes all of the GBA tilesets right from the start
Tiled - Similar to the Map creator, most notable for it’s layer feature and can be utilized in ROM hacks easier due to the creation of map changes right in the same file.
Past Rounds:

Round 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRB0jXnhfDc

Due Date: May 30th, 2021

Round 12

12: MONTERO :smiling_imp:

Due Date: July 9th, 2021 :mantelpiece_clock:

Round 13

13: Hold Back the River :canoe:
Option 1:
There are a few tiles in vanilla fe that either are used once or possibly never, but yet are included on the tilesets themselves. The challenge is to use them.
The task is to use at least 2 of the 6 tiles shown above. Palette is up to you. When submitting, just include a snippet where you have the tiles highlighted or circled.

Option 2:
Keeping in theme with rivers, the task is to re-create a map that is infamous for its river: FE10 CH3-6

Here is your reference map. Intentionally vague image to let your imagination fill in the details.

Due Date: November 20th, 2021 :mantelpiece_clock:

Round 14

14: Kingslayer :crown:
Option 1:
The goal is to use the Sacae Castle tileset, another seldomly used tileset, and to expand on it as much as you’d like. The only required tile is the throne.

Option 2:
Remake Chapter 4-F from Gaiden
Remember, use your imagination, it does not need to be a 1:1 recreation (and is encouraged not to)

Here is your reference map. Tbh gaiden’s maps are already fairly barebones so this works as an abstract to look at.

Due Date: December 4th, 2021

Round 15

15: Sacred Springs :butterfly: :dragon_face:
Option 1:
Use this 5x5 section in your map submission. The tileset and size are up to you, as long as this section can be clearly identified. Custom tiles, as always, are fair game.
You get a cookie for being able to recognize it.

Option 2:
Remake Chapter 13 from Awakening.
Remember, use your imagination, it does not need to be a 1:1 recreation (and is encouraged not to be)

Here is your reference map.

Due Date: December 18th, 2021

Round 16

16: Who Am I? :thinking: :angry: :angel:
Option 1:
Use this 5x5 section in your map submission. The tileset and size are up to you, as long as this section can be clearly identified. Custom tiles, as always, are fair game.

You get a cookie for being able to recognize it.(Hint: don’t look at gba tilesets)

Option 2:
Remake Chapter 23 from Conquest.
Remember, use your imagination, it does not need to be a 1:1 recreation (and is encouraged not to be)

I apologize in advance for the quality, if anyone can provide a better image let me know.

Due Date: January 1st, 2022

Round 17

Current Round:
17: The Valley of the Shadow of Death :thinking: :smiling_imp: :japanese_goblin: :ghost:
Option 1:
Use this 5x5 section in your map submission. The tileset and size are up to you, as long as this section can be clearly identified. Custom tiles, as always, are fair game. You are allowed to mess with the grass tiles though. (Paths, roads & such, not any sort of terrain like forest or mountains)

You do not get a cookie for being able to recognize it because it’s easy!

Option 2:
Remake Chapter 11x from Awakening.

Due Date: June 17th 2022!!!

Current Round: 18!!!

1 Like

Will entries be Free-to-use?

That’s up to the creator; there’s nothing that forces the maps not to use custom elements as well. So just ask whoever made it after the contest round has concluded.

4 days remaining
1 entry so far

5 Likes

2 entries now

7 Likes

lost woods map

bingo bango now it doubled at the last second
voting will be up tomorrow, last call for any last minute entries!

2 Likes

whaddya know, a last minute entry!

1 Like

Current Round:
12: MONTERO :smiling_imp:

Due Date: July 9th, 2021

5 Likes

Reminds me, I was going to release this tileset publicly - it might be helpful for this round’s entrants:

4 Likes

la carte número una
wie viele Sprachen will i use in one post
Non ti impressionare, è soltanto un bastone.

3 Likes

mapping example lava 2

things are starting to heat up

6 Likes

Don’t feel like switching accounts

4 days remain!

… i guess I should have

whoops missed this

4 Likes

unless I get a last minute entry in the next 3ish hours, that’s it for this round
stay tuned for voting

nvm going to extend it to the weekend, sunday night is the new deadline

Map Contest Rd 13 - Foundry
we got a different tileset folks

9 Likes

@dancer_A Manages this account.

Basic rules:
-Make a new map that adheres to the basic guidelines of the contest round(IE don’t just dig up an old one you made please)
-You can enter in either option for the round (or both so you choose)
-Do not use any tileset outside of the one provided (depends on the round requirements though)
-Don’t just use a computer-generated map (although I can’t always tell if anyone used one, but for the sake of the craft I guess don’t? It’d be pretty lame dude)
-PM your map submissions directly to @MISTER_MAPS
-Idk drink a Dr Pibb

Feel free to use this topic to discuss ideas, ask questions, etc, but please refrain from actually posting a submission; I will be doing that in a voting topic once the due date is met.

Resources:
Map Creator - One of the easiest to use programs for making maps. I believe the download includes all of the GBA tilesets right from the start
Tiled - Similar to the Map creator, most notable for it’s layer feature and can be utilized in ROM hacks easier due to the creation of map changes right in the same file.
Past Rounds:

Round 13

13: Hold Back the River :canoe:
Option 1:
There are a few tiles in vanilla fe that either are used once or possibly never, but yet are included on the tilesets themselves. The challenge is to use them.
The task is to use at least 2 of the 6 tiles shown above. Palette is up to you. When submitting, just include a snippet where you have the tiles highlighted or circled.

Option 2:
Keeping in theme with rivers, the task is to re-create a map that is infamous for its river: FE10 CH3-6

Here is your reference map. Intentionally vague image to let your imagination fill in the details.

Due Date: November 20th, 2021 :mantelpiece_clock:

Round 14

14: Kingslayer :crown:
Option 1:
The goal is to use the Sacae Castle tileset, another seldomly used tileset, and to expand on it as much as you’d like. The only required tile is the throne.

Option 2:
Remake Chapter 4-F from Gaiden
Remember, use your imagination, it does not need to be a 1:1 recreation (and is encouraged not to)

Here is your reference map. Tbh gaiden’s maps are already fairly barebones so this works as an abstract to look at.

Due Date: December 4th, 2021

Current Round:
15: Sacred Springs :butterfly: :dragon_face:
Option 1:
You get a cookie for being able to recognize it.

Option 2:
Remake Chapter 13 from Awakening.

Due Date: December 18th, 2021

8 Likes

MC#13 - The Conflux

We have 2 entries so far for option 1.

I’m well aware there appears to be map sprites on one of the maps, they were added to the tileset.

2 Likes