Looking for playtesters for new completed ROM hack, Fire Emblem: Inheritance

Hello people, so, we have been working during the last year and a half on a ROM hack, which is now complete (apart from a couple of things, but very minor details). The mod is called “Fire Emblem: Inheritance” and consists of 26 chapters.
Before releasing it we would like to playtest it some more, maybe with some external player (until now we only made our friends try the mod).

For anyone who’s interested in playtesting our ROM hack, please join this Discord Server: https://discord.gg/DVWwQUT

We are not going to reveal any specific detail about the game here yet, but here are some useful Gamplay notes (some of these are pretty obvious):

-Press Select to see the overall range of enemies on the map.
-Press select in the character stats window to show growths.
-There aren’t and there won’t be support dialogues, however each chapter there are dialogues between some of the pgs.
Checking in the character stats will show whom a charcter can speak to. These dialogues usually give rewards.
-Effective weapons deal x2 damage, except those that are effective against monsters, that deal x3 damage.
-Magic weapons take the damage bonus from Mag and not Str.
-Weapons, magic and generally the game balance is very different from the standard FE games, always check damage,
precision, weight and especially RANGE of weapons/magic (bows and anima magic in particular have longer range than base FE games). Also, always check Skills, since they are present in the game.
-Character levels work this way: the first class levels up until level 20, then when changing class it reverts back to level 15 and then
it goes up to 30. Most of the characters can promote to two different classes (like in base FE8), growths are are indipendent from the Class, but Skills and Stats Caps obviously are not.
-Vulneraries heal for 20 health.
-In addition to the normal GBA games magic triangle, there’s also a anima magic triangle.
-Most of human enemy units when under 50%-30% will usually try to flee and heal. You can use this to your advance.
-Stats boost items can be kept in the inventory and they’ll give the boost anyway, otherwise you can choose to use it to get a permanent boost.

The mod is original, charcaters, story, chapters, maps. However it has a link with the official FE GBA games, infact you’ll be able to see many similar names and even some of the characters of the original games. There is an idea behind this, it isn’t simply a rip off.

The credits will be given once we fully release the romhack. Anyway the majority of the things you’ll found in it are taken from the “Ultimate FEGBA resources repo”, most of the other things have been made by me, or by Vivider.

4 Likes

This might seem obvious to y’all, but to be clear:
This is an “original” romhack, not a rebalance, right? As in: original characters, maps, storyline, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, it is (an original rom I mean). I modified the post.

You should probably post some screenshots as part of the main post so that people can see what kind of hack this is too.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advise, tommorrow we might add some screenshot.

I’ll definitely keep this on my radar! How open are you to the idea of a public demonstration/playtest? I have been playing through/reviewing projects on my twitch, but I don’t want to do that if you would rather keep the playtest private.
Also, seconded on screenshots, they go a long way towards building interest.

1 Like

Not having any screenshots, credits or direct link to the patch is probably going to turn off a lot of people.

Good luck though.

3 Likes

We are going to provide screen shots as soon as possible, I think.
We didn’t give a direct link here because we’d like to have the discord server as a place to discuss and report things about the playtesting.
Also, this post is so poor of informations, screens etc. because this is not meant to be a full release. The release is planned to happen in the first days of June. When the time we’ll come, we’ll do everything we need to give this project visibility.

Regarding the streaming part, unfortunatly I’m not able to answer right now, I’ll give you more informations tomorrow. I’m not the onyl one working on the mod and I always need to double check before giving an answer, and it’s pretty late here.

1 Like

Where’s the download to the patch?

It’s in the discord server linked here.

Can you perhaps post it here?

We’d like people to write their comments on discord though. In the full release we are going to post it nere, but for now, with the playtesting, I dunno. Anyway I’m afraid I can’t post it anyway for now, cause I should first ask to the others, and they’re all unavailable for now

Ok, so, it is ok for us if you stream it, but we want to ask you a couple of things. We’d like you to join the discord server and post there when you are going live. We’d also like you to save the streams so that if we do not manage to watch it in real time, we can always watch it later.

We also added some screenshots now.

It looks very interesting! I will always appreciate people who put in the time and effort to do more rom hacks, so thank you very much for that.

Give it all you got, guys, you got my support!

1 Like

I’m guessing by the link not working you’ve got all the help you need, but on the off chance, I’ll throw my hat in here. :sweat_smile::grin:

1 Like

Is there any chance you can extend the discord link time? I’m really interested in play testing but the link is expired. Do you guys not need any more help?

1 Like

this may be really old but the discord link doesn’t seem to work.

no you can still join if you want, let me just put the invite again

Now there should be a permanent link