[Lex Talionis] ThwD3! Artist(s) Needed!

Alrighty, so here’s the plan going forward before we make a public release (maybe, or at least open up the discord to more people):

Chapters (and unit availability):

Ch 1: (Chester, Dominic, Greg, Kristie, Matthew) [Done?]
Ch 2: (Eric, Josh, Joey, Jenna, Henry) [Playtesting/Polishing]
Ch 3: (Bianca, Jagger, Talor, Steve, Tristan) [Map draft]
Ch 4: (All of the above) [Concept]

Supports:

Still not sure how I want to handle supports. I kinda want to have it like in RD where everyone has a Battle Buddy instead of multiple supports; I’m also unsure of whether or not I want to go with base or chapter supports (I think both a viable). Regardless, support bonuses are pretty integral to the experience, and they need to be included ASAP.

Art:

Well, we’re just gunna go ahead and stick to what we have/free to use stuff for now (the intention behind the public release is to hopefully bring in more playtesters and asset creators)

Tunes:

In terms of character battle themes, we’re missing 3 (Superbard Chester, Dan, and Jake); Missing one map theme. Other than that I think we’re good for the first 4 chapters unless I need to maybe make some cutscene stuff.

Engine hacking:

No point in doing any engine hacking at the moment I guess? Since rainlash is working on the BEEG update that’s going to drop in the near future.

2 Likes

How would people like supports to work? The traditional way where each character has x amount of supports they can build, or the Radiant Dawn way where they build one (but with bigger bonuses).

It’s worthwhile to note that party comps get scrambled after Part 1.

• Traditional Supports
  • Radiant Dawn ‘Battle Buddy’

0 voters

Alrighty, polls are closed. It was a close one, but the Radiant Dawn Battle Buddy system wins over traditional supports by 2 votes.

Shame on all of you.

It’ll require some engine hacking shenanigans, with any luck we’ll have it by the time the 4 chapter demo comes out (along with the appropriate support convos). Worst case scenario we temporarily use traditional supports, gotta get them support bonuses.

2 Likes

YEAH RADIANT DAWN
MAP AFFINITY THWD3 2021 :soon:

5 Likes

Your enthusiasm inspires me.

This ost is awesome!

1 Like
9 Likes

Just a beautiful screen…praise Tote Bag Inc.

1 Like

Ch3 intro haphazardly thrown together:

Actual gameplay going into playtesting soon:tm:.

And as always, we’re looking for art folk. If you’d like to join the team feel free to reach out!

3 Likes

“Finally, competent green units”
That’s too good to be true, Pent is a green unit at the beginning of Ch 22 and he’s that good.
We’ll finally see decent to god tier green units?

1 Like

I was going to wait until I had ch4 finished to make a public release but I changed my mind. 3 chapters playable, link in the OP. You can join the discord here:

Discord

All feedback/comments are welcome!

7 Likes

Chapter 4’s been sent off to the playtesters!

This chapter has been the most work by far! Had to do a lot of work to lean into the dynamic loot model. It doesn’t even have an outroScript done yet.

In other news, I got in touch with an artist a while back and we’ve got CGs in the works! If you aren’t familiar with the project, each chapter ends with a recap from Chester with a CG; here’s the CG in the works for Ch4:

Sehkrit

The other chapters still have their crappy placeholder CGs for the time being.

3 Likes

Just truly lovely CG. It’s nice to hear and see progress on the LT engine.

1 Like

Locked and unlisted by the request of OP.