[Lex Talionis] Starlight: Terror. Version 0.2 (16/41 Chapters done!) (Currently on Hiatus)

Hello everyone! My name is Franzie and I wanted to showcase a project I’ve been working on over the past month and a half using Lex Talionis. The project is titled Starlight: Terror. currently, It’s a short and more casual/easier story spanning around 11 Chapters, with around 24 playable units.

Story

Main Story:
In the land of Altherazan, The Land of Dragons, there lived a corrupt noble who owned a bit of land in it. His name is Malacath Swain, he did not care about the villagers and peasants, only his own wealth and his family, as such, he would spend his days indulging in his fantasies, and neglecting his people, forcing them to fend for themselves against Banditry as well as wild beasts and monsters. That would soon change however in a fateful encounter that would force him to turn to the dark side, and sell his soul to Chaotic demons. Soon, the lands of Altherazan would begin to corrupt, and its up to a Dragon Prince and his Crusaders to step up to the challenge and drive chaos away.

Main Features

Main Features it currently includes:

• Currently there is a short story with 11 playable chapters. And the start of a new story with the first arc done

• Around 22 or so playable Gen 1 Units, with brand new and reworked classes. And 12 new Gen 2 Units.

• A very different class system and list, inspired by a mix of GBA and SNES FE, with over 60+ classes.

• New weapon types for both physical and ranged. Hammers for Melee classes, Daggers and Firearms for ranged classes, and 10 different magical elements for mages.

• With the new weapon types, there are many new items and weapons. Such as new ranged physical Swords, Hammers and Daggers.

• Classic and Casual modes, with Fixed, Dynamic, and Random growth methods.

Credits

Item Icons - Most of them by Ereshkigal, Topazlight, SMITHYGCN, Sindle,Mike,fizzly

Generic Class Icons - Rausban, Samirplays,Pushwall, Pikmin1211, Boneman Seth, Team SALVAGED

Portrait- Most by me but some are from BonemanSeth, XVI, Laurent Lacroix, Gold blitz. Eldritch Abomination

Map Sprites - IS, flasuban, Alusq, Rasdel, StreetHero, AnnoyingAnon, Dominus_Vobiscum, TBA, IS, SSHX, N426, 7743, Rasdel, ZoramineFae, knabepicer, Nuramon, Its_Just_Jay,Der,Agro, RobertFPY,Siuloi,SALVAGED,Pikmin,L95,FungusCaesar,Leif,MeatofJustice,TyTheBub,Smug_Mug,Stitch,Huichelaar,Lexou,topazlight,Devisian_Nights,ArcherBias,RealxViPerZ,Circleseverywhere,Pushwall,Aruka,Kenpuhu,Blue Druid,Teelvade,SkidMarc25,Seal,Momo,MrGreen,Dutch Introvert, Aruka, BatimaTheBat,Rexacuse,Peerless,Blademaster,Sax Marine, Kenpuhu,Ryn

Combat Animations - Nuramon, Salvaged, Aruka, 7743, Alusq, Spud, Vikalizer, Flasuban, Seal, Pikmin, MK404, Pushwall, Temp, Iscaneus, Ayr,

Music- Most of it comes from the Wayward Souls OST, while some are from Lauren Bousfield and Nero’s Day at Disneyland

Most, if not all of the assets used will be in the FE Asset Directory

There will be plans to add more chapters, This is currently the first playtestable version so any feedback, whether it be story or gameplay, is necessary.

Screenshots

Screenshots:

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wj3qpf8b22u49c6/Starlight%20Terror%20V0.2.rar?dl=0

This is like, my first ever project so any sorts of advice and help is greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time, and hope yall have a great day! :star: :star:

20 Likes

So! After a month or so and a half of work (and procrastination) I’ve updated this game to its next version: V0.2!

This version is rather special, as it is the start of the main story of the project!

Changelog
  • Certain Units from the First Generation have been adjusted, some were nerfed (Mikhail mostly.), while most were buffed. And a new unit for Gen 1, obtainable through Base Convo around chapter 5.

• The first arc of the Second Generation Story, Known as the main story, has started! With 12 new units, and 6 new chapters after the first gen story!

• The Second Gen Story will have more experimental stuff, as well as new characters!

• There’s also a few bug fixes here and there!

New Screenshots!

Download!

Dropbox - Starlight Terror - Simplify your life

First post will be updated, and more feedback is appreciated!! Thank you for your time, and hope yall have a great day!!

11 Likes

Apologies for those who were remotely interested in this project. It’s been on hiatus for a while mostly due to lack of motivation, sickness, and personal/family issues. Whether or not i’ll be able to come back to this is yet to be determined, But i’ll let y’all know! Have a great day yall!

4 Likes

Gave this a try, and it’s not bad! I like the story concept of a bad man gone worse after getting his just desserts. Some of the new weapons and skills are pretty cool, too, especially Mikhail’s Speed-boost-on-kill skill. And the first couple maps feel just right size-wise, which I appreciate after playing several mods with massive first maps lately.

Still got a ways to go before feeling like a finished product, though. The script could use a grammar check, the title screen should probably just be typed text, and there’s a few minor glitches/work-in-progress spots I noticed:

• Several songs missing/not loading (chapter transition screen, enemy phase, some cutscenes)
  • Help descriptions missing on options menu and for Skills in actions menu
  • “Visit” prompt is labeled Visit1, Visit2, etc
  • Visit4 on Map 1 doesn’t work
  • Several portraits with mouths not moving
  • Mikhail has a minimug, everyone else has portrait crops (which look awesome btw!)
  • Mikhail’s walking animation is misplaced by a pixel (you can see it on the tile above him)
  • Throwing hammer has no throwing animation
  • Mogalls have no attack animation
  • Generic palettes for several units (most noticable on Barbatos)

I know that looks like a lot of issues, but they don’t mean it’s a bad game. (Some of them are probably the engine’s fault, heh.) This has potential! I hope you can come back to it someday, and I wish you the best with your real-life situation.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! I’ll admit a few of those issues are because of my coding inexperience, but if I ever come back to it, I’ll clean up those issues!