Let's build: a New Class!

Similar to what I said XD
I think Tamer class it’s way clammed for FE players xD

1 Like

When talking about classes, I’d love to see a card player class, similar to the gambler from FF6, the class would throw cards and would have skills such as the whole 7 and stuff like that.
General FF though, I think an elementalist class or a fencer class would be sick.

1 Like

if we’re looking at other games for class/job concepts, since there’s actually a lot of classes from other J-rpgs going from old school( SNES / Genesis era ) to modern times, i guess it would probably be faster to suggest some good titles with unique classes, rather than picking few specific ones out of personal preference.
you might want to check these out for inspiration purposes, as i’m sure there’s plenty of wikis for each of these game’s classes:

» Final Fantasy
mostly talking about the NES/SNES era titles, from 1 up to 6. humanoid classes mostly, with quite unique ones such as red/blue mages and summonners.

» Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
SNES era, it has both humanoid and monster classes, probably one of very few games that has playable griffon and octopus as monster classes.
including also fairies, angels, ghosts, skeletons, demons, werewolves, vampires, basicly almost anything.

» Langrisser
Genesis era, has humanoid classes mostly. warlocks were pretty powerful back there, since they had access to black magic aoes, debuffs for enemies and even buffs for allies.

» Final Fantasy Tactics
PSOne era, humanoid classes mainly. i think this was the game were machinists were actually introduced as a class of its own, using guns and other similar armaments.

» Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
PSOne era, humanoid classes mostly. the spiritual successor of Ogre Battle, has Terror knights, wich can pretty much be related to Dark knights and the likes.

» Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
GBA era, different humanoid races and respective classes. Time mages were pretty interesting, along with Geomancers.

» Bravely Default
3DS era, humanoid classes. they had Spell fencer, Alchemist and many different variations of knights/mages.

actually, there would be far more classes to suggest if i were to include every other single FF sequel / spinoff, but those titles mentioned above should already be more than enough for the time being.

1 Like

Pretty simple class ideas:

1. Mounted unit that can traverse land and sea. It would be draconic, so basically a wyvern without wings with features optimized for swimming. Its riders would wield lances, perhaps bows. Has stats similar to wyverns and is weak to thunder magic.

2. As done in 3H and Engage, units who use martial arts. In a similar vein to the various throwing weapons, they can wield knuckles and claws. Knuckles can be treated as axes and claws can be treated as swords for weapon triangle purposes. This class would not be very successful unless ranged weapons are heavily nerfed.

3. I wouldn’t really make this a class, but it would be interesting to have magic that can enchant weapons with magical effects. These could add magical damage, add effects like HP-draining, or provide combat skills like astra. Having this magic would require additional balancing considerations.

2 Likes

Marine class I mean a mounted unit or a Mermaid class that travels between the sea and the land

1 Like