Hey everybody, Runa here, famed creator of Runa Does A Thing (And Saves The World) [Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series]. I’m here to present to you a new project that’s been nagging at me for a very long time. I came up with the main ideas for this project in April of 2018, and I only started working on this project in September of 2019. A lot has changed since I first came up with everything, but this project idea has latched onto me for a very long time. I feel that I need to do this project justice by making it a reality. So, I present to you:
Fire Emblem: Last Heavenly Throne
What is Fire Emblem: Last Heavenly Throne?
Fire Emblem: Last Heavenly Throne is an FE8 ROMhack made using buildfiles. The hack is split into several different parts, as this hack takes quite a bit of inspiration from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I understand that both Echoes and Radiant Dawn have a bit of controversy when it comes to its gameplay mechanics and story, but I hope that this hack can still be enjoyable both in story and play.
Unfortunately, this hack is currently a work in progress, and as such it is lacking a bit of polish. Some songs from vanilla may be unchanged, and most characters are still lacking non-placeholder mugs! That’s why I’m hoping to post this, and hope for feedback and perhaps even some help. Of course, if people want to play it simply for their own enjoyment, that’s perfectly fine too! That’s what hacks are for.
What is the plot of this hack?
In the continent of Maghmeall, four nations stand.
The Principality of Heichalot, The United Macha, and the Kingdoms of Corbenic and Srughna.
The people of Maghmeall venerate beings known as the Wardbearers, deity-like figures who purged away corruption and impurity, allowing their descendants to live in peace.
The Wardbearers disappeared almost a millenia ago. The year is 879.
Conflict brews in the north, and begins to spread south as Heichalot declares war on Corbenic, encroaching on their border. Macha and Srughna are silent.
In Caer Rigor, a province of Corbenic, a young boy joins the fight against Heichalot’s invasion.
He hopes to do his grandfather, Sir MacCumail proud, and keep his village safe.
His decision changes the course of both Maghmeall’s devotion and fate.
ROMhack features include:
- A brand new story and continent
- One complete part, the second in progress
- Custom soundtrack filled with original compositions
- Rebalanced weapons and classes, with variety in magic tomes
- Rebalanced skill system, with an emphasis on personal skills
- Reworked stat screen, with information on characters that updates as the story progresses
- Reworked affinity, so now it matters!
- Characters that don’t leave the plot after the chapter they join
- A new internal dialogue structure that allows characters to remain relevant to the plot after the chapter they join lol
- Some skill animations refuse to play.
Where can I download this hack?
You can grab it right here!
Is there a Discord for this hack?
You bet there is! You can find it right here!
This is the best place there is to give feedback, report bugs or give help with the project.
Credits (if credits are missing, please message me! there's so much to credit and i've been really bad at keeping track @-@)
- 2WB - a bunch of skill and item icons, item palette, skills, portrait height rework, talitha mug
- 7743 - item patches
- Agro - sword/axe knight map sprites
- Alfred Kamon - wyvern rider animation
- Alusq - soldier animations, figher map sprite
- ArcaneEli - wyvern knight map sprites
- AuraWolf - item music table
- Author_Pendragon - war cleric map sprites
- BatimaTheBat - awakening cleric animation/map sprites
- Beccarte - f!assassin animations
- Black Mage - f!halberdier animations, skill icons
- blademaster, skills
- Blaze - skill icons
- blood - f!halberdier map sprites
- Circleseverywhere - ranged animation rework
- Colorz - debuffs, freeze, dragon veins
- Darrman - skills
- Dei - halberdier map sprites
- devisio - cool bike helmet
- DerTheVaporeon - snow fields palette, archer/war cleric/war monk/pirate animations, pirate/war monk/war cleric map sprite
- dondon151 - halberdier map sprites
- eCut - bow knight animation
- Ereshkigal - item icons
- feaw - wyvern knight animation
- Feier - skill icons
- flasuban - f!cavalier/sky knight/crownflier animation, f!cavalier/sky knight/wyvern rider/wyvern lord/paladin map sprites
- Glaceo - Cethern/Talitha/Srihwen mug
- HyperGammaSpaces - villager map sprites
- Iscaneus - war cleric animation
- jjl2357 - staff locks
- Kaito - item patches
- Kao - skills
- Keks_Krebs - assassin animations
- Kirb - skills, str/mag split
- Laurent Lacroix - generic boss/female soldier/Jhudiel/Camniel/Marici/Sanjana mugs
- Leo_link - war cleric animation
- Leonarth - less annoying fog, staff locks, 256 colour background, skills
- Levin - setanta/ferdiad/gedeon/talitha/ethniu mugs
- Lord Glenn - affinity/weapon rank icons
- Maiser6 - f!soldier/bow knight/trobairitz animations
- Memestaralbert - Varuna and Nandi mugs
- Mikey Seregon - wyvern rider animation
- Monkeybard - skill icons
- Myst - movement arrow
- Nuramon - villager animations
- Peerless - assassin animations
- Pikmin1211 - skill manual icons, skill icons, bow knight/trobairitz/war monk animation, str/mag split, talitha mug
- RobertFPY - assassin/paladin map sprites, str/mag split
- Rossendale - skills
- SD9K - assassin animations, skills
- Shtick - DSFE Avoid
- Sme - Magic Sword Rework, With Us transcription, skills, ASMC Suite
- Snek - scripted battle numbers, reda helpers, skills, str/mag split, item clear
- Solum - long hair mage animation
- st. jack - wyvern knight animation
- StanH - skills
- TBA - halberdier/wyvern lord animations
- Team SALVAGED - cavalier/paladin animations, cavalier map sprites
- Tequila - range display fix, new chai, show heal amount, skills, str/mag split
- Teraspark - pal2EA, item effect revamp, monk animations, skills
- The Blind Archer - sword/axe knight sprites
- Tordo45 - paladin map sprites
- vlak - skill icons, aengus/mug
- Zane - MMB, wind tome icon
- Zeta - autonewline, skills
- ZoramineFae - fields/village palette, paladin animations