Last Heavenly Throne ~ LHT (8 chapters - CANCELLED)

very cool! Felt like spectre cards were pretty useless in FE10, curious how you’ll figure out how to make them worthwhile.

3 Likes

cethern was actually in the music video for sexy and i know it
unfortunately no, there won’t be any party rockers or lmfao in this hack, i’m tryna to keep it serious
and maybe keep the memes away from this post, i’m tryna keep it clean too :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Hack good. :+1:

4 Likes

Figure I should be giving a monthly update, but the thing is that progress has been quite slow. Reformatting text isn’t the hardest thing to do, but emotionally I’ve been feeling somewhat drained, to the point where it took almost a month to reformat a single chapter’s dialogue. Not to mention with the stress of the world’s current situation right now (and also the fact that Animal Crossing has been distracting me), work’s been quite stunted. The project isn’t cancelled, or even on hiatus, but I ask all two people that are excited about this hack to give me a little bit of patience. I’m hoping I can get a bit more work done this upcoming month, and hopefully that’ll lead into an eventual release of whatever’s done.

Speaking of the actual hack itself, I’m hoping that my next release will cover the polished Part 1, including its new chapter, and a bit less than half of Part 2 playable as well. I don’t know when this will be done, though. I’d love to make a promise for May, but life’s been stressful and I don’t want to upset the two people that care about this hack :sweat_smile:

I guess the last thing I can show is that we’ve finally gotten a mug for the Crownflier Jagen with an unpronuncable name! Shoutout to @BuskHusker for torturing himself with the pauldrons

update

If you read through all of this, thank you. I’m grateful to this community for the support it has shown Last Heavenly Throne, and I don’t want to let anybody down. I promise I’ll have something a little more light-hearted posted soon enough ;O

25 Likes

Hang in there Runa! Breaks are good and healthy, life happens. We’re all rooting for you, take your time and enjoy making something you’re passionate about!

4 Likes

Agree with WarPath. You don’t owe anyone this project, and you should work at the pace that you feel comfortable with. The most important thing is that you enjoy the process and the final product. Enjoy Animal Crossing, I am due to pick it up, too.

Excited to see what’s next for First Earthly Chair.

4 Likes

Route splits Self imposed deadlines are the real hack killer. Take all the time you need to recharge your hacking battery. In the meantime, have fun being perpetually indebted to a virtual tanuki (I don’t know how Animal Crossing works).

I was summoned.

2 Likes

Pronouncing her name isn’t that hard!

s c y t h e

apparently

Nah, it’s a v instead of a th. Like Saiv or Sai-uv.

1 Like

Sieve?

Sad TBH

2 Likes

I guess? I know how it sounds, not how you would type it phonetically.

Good morning FEUniverse!
I have some major news to announce! First things first, Last Heavenly Throne is now home to a YouTube channel. This channel may be used to show videos relating to the hack, which may include…

High-quality song rips!

And I figured that on this special day of this YouTube channel being up, I would upload a very special rip of a song from this hack: the beta mix of Part 1’s Corbenic Pride! You may recognize this as the player map theme associated with Cethern, but even if you haven’t had the chance to play Last Heavenly Throne, I implore you to give it a listen!

Huh? Don't click this, there's nothing here.

Okay fine, boo, you got me. This isn’t actually the real “beta mix” or whatever. But this may be an opportunity for me to upload actual high-quality versions of the songs from Last Heavenly Throne. So perhaps you should stay tuned? Or not, I’m not your mother after all.

25 Likes

…Well, at least it’s not a rickroll.

I’m excited to see the future of this, good job so far Runa and keep up the hard work!
(If you want to of course.)

Yes, this hack is still alive!
Yes, we are planning on showing stuff off at FEE3!
No, unfortunately, I don’t have much to show off right now :c

These past few months have been really hard on me emotionally, and LHT was sort of on hiatus for a while there. In terms of progress, I’ve been stuck on one of the more tedious parts of hack development for a while now: editing your own writing. It doesn’t help that with removing AutoNewLine, I have to reformat virtually every line of dialogue currently in the game right now. (Yes this is a repeat of an earlier post, shut up it’s annoying for me too)

I want to apologize to all the two people who were excited about this hack, sorry it’s taking so long! I ask that you please be patient. Work is going at a somewhat quicker pace now, and I hope I can start to match the progress I wanted to make a long time ago. (once I get over this damn stomach flu :pensive:)

This is the part where I’d send screenshots, but because all of my work is in dialogue right now, there’s not really much to show off! ^^; I can promise that the current project has changed a fair bit from the release currently on the main post, and hopefully I can share that with everyone soon enough. See you all at FEE3!

23 Likes

Looking forward to seeing it.

Can totally relate - formatting text is one of the most unexciting and tedious parts of the process. Good luck!

Hope you are feeling better, too.

1 Like

Something to enjoy in a few months. Patients is not a problem look forward to your project when you are ready to display.

1 Like

this hack is epic

7 Likes

i agre

2 Likes