Hey everybody, Runa here, famed creator of Runa Does A Thing (And Saves The World) [Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series]. I’m here to present to you a new project that’s been nagging at me for a very long time. I came up with the main ideas for this project in April of 2018, and I only started working on this project this September. A lot has changed since I first came up with everything, but this project idea has latched onto me for a very long time. I feel that I need to do this project justice by making it a reality. So, I present to you:
Fire Emblem: Last Heavenly Throne
What is Fire Emblem: Last Heavenly Throne?
Fire Emblem: Last Heavenly Throne is an FE8 ROMhack made using buildfiles. The hack is split into several different parts (like every hack nowadays), as this hack takes quite a bit of inspiration from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I understand that Radiant Dawn has a bit of controversy when it comes to its gameplay mechanics and story, but I hope that this hack can still be enjoyable both in story and play.
Unfortunately, this hack is currently a work in progress, and as such it is lacking a bit of polish. Some songs from vanilla may be unchanged, and most characters are still lacking proper mugs (sorry Gedeon). That’s why I’m hoping to post this, and hope for feedback and perhaps even some help. Of course, if people want to play it simply for their own enjoyment, that’s perfectly fine too! That’s what hacks are for.
What is the plot of this hack?
In the continent of Maghmeall, four nations stand.
The Principality of Heichalot, The United Macha, and the Kingdoms of Corbenic and Srughna.
The people of Maghmeall venerate beings known as the Wardbearers, deity-like figures who purged away corruption and impurity, allowing their descendants to live in peace.
The Wardbearers disappeared almost a millenia ago. The year is 879.
Conflict brews in the north, and begins to spread south as Heichalot declares war on Corbenic, encroaching on their border. Macha and Srughna are silent.
In Caer Rigor, a province of Corbenic, a son of a knight, Cethern, joins the fight against Heichalot’s invasion.
His decision changes the course of both Maghmeall’s devotion and fate.
ROMhack features include:
- New story with new continent
- One playable part of several (5 chapters)
- New soundtrack with custom songs
- A played down skill system that attempts to avoid skill bloat
- Rebalanced weapons and classes, with variety in magic tomes
- There is a known and consistent method to skip chapters. This should not happen during normal play, and is easily fixable on the player’s end.
- Allied units dying on 1-1 can also sometimes cause the game to skip to different chapters if reloaded and resumed. This glitch has yet to be replicated, but restarting the chapter will fix it.
- Some skill animations refuse to play.
- Going into the sound room can rarely softlock the game. This glitch has yet to be replicated, but resetting should fix it.
Where can I download this hack?
You can grab it right here!
Is there a Discord for this hack?
You bet there is! You can find it right here!
This is the best place there is to give feedback, report bugs or give help with the project.
Credits (if credits are missing, please message me!)
- 2WB - a bunch of skill and item icons, item palette, skills
- 7743 - item patches
- Agro - sword/axe knight map sprites
- Alfred Kamon - wyvern rider animation
- Alusq - soldier animations, figher map sprite
- ArcaneEli - wyvern knight map sprites
- AuraWolf - item music table
- Author_Pendragon - war cleric map sprites
- BatimaTheBat - awakening cleric animation/map sprites
- Beccarte - f!assassin animations
- Black Mage - f!halberdier animations, skill icons
- blademaster, skills
- Blaze - skill icons
- blood - f!halberdier map sprites
- Circleseverywhere - ranged animation rework
- Colorz - debuffs, freeze, dragon veins
- Darrman - skills
- Dei - halberdier map sprites
- devisio - cool bike helmet
- DerTheVaporeon - snow fields palette, archer/war cleric/war monk/pirate animations, pirate/war monk/war cleric map sprite
- dondon151 - halberdier map sprites
- eCut - bow knight animation
- Ereshkigal - item icons
- feaw - wyvern knight animation
- Feier - skill icons
- flasuban - f!cavalier animation, f!cavalier/sky knight/wyvern rider/wyvern lord/paladin map sprites
- Glaceo - Cethern mug
- HyperGammaSpaces - villager map sprites
- Iscaneus - war cleric animation
- Jeorge_Reds - crownflier/sky knight animations
- jjl2357 - staff locks
- Kaito - item patches
- Kao - skills
- Keks_Krebs - assassin animations
- Kirb - skills, str/mag split
- Laurent Lacroix - generic boss/female soldier/Jhudiel/Camniel mugs
- Leo_link - war cleric animation
- Leonarth - less annoying fog, staff locks, 256 colour background, skills
- Levin - setanta/ferdiad mugs
- Lord Glenn - affinity/weapon rank icons
- Maiser6 - f!soldier/bow knight/trobairitz animations
- Mikey Seregon - wyvern rider animation
- Monkeybard - skill icons
- Myst - movement arrow
- Nuramon - villager animations
- Peerless - assassin animations
- Pikmin1211 - skill manual icons, skill icons, bow knight/trobairitz/war monk animation, str/mag split
- RobertFPY - assassin/paladin map sprites, str/mag split
- Rossendale - skills
- SD9K - assassin animations, skills
- ShadowOfChaos - crownflier animation
- Sme - Magic Sword Rework, With Us transcription, skills
- Snek - scripted battle numbers, reda helpers, skills, str/mag split
- Solum - long hair mage animation
- st. jack - wyvern knight animation
- StanH - skills
- TBA - halberdier/wyvern lord animations
- Team SALVAGED - cavalier/paladin animations, cavalier map sprites
- Tequila - range display fix, new chai, show heal amount, skills, str/mag split
- Teraspark - pal2EA, item effect revamp, monk animations, skills
- The Blind Archer - sword/axe knight sprites
- Tordo45 - paladin map sprites
- vlak - skill icons
- Zane - MMB, wind tome icon
- Zeta - autonewline, skills
- ZoramineFae - fields/village palette, paladin animations