Hi. I was on the verge of finally releasing a beta for my game, one that I’ve worked for a year or two on. However, in its final testing phase, I found a crazy bug. I’ll let this image speak for itself:
So, that bug is crazy, but I had no idea how to fix it, and I’ve done so much between each playtest that I don’t know what I did to cause this.
So, I decided to remake my Rom. However, when I was testing the map sprites, I found this different bug in the remade ROM: https://i.gyazo.com/f25fdeeda346777b1c06b880c3181c25.gif
The only things I’ve done to this ROM are edit data values in Nightmare, insert events, insert maps, and insert map sprites. The “wait” bug only showed up once I inserted my event. With the standard Lyn mode event, the bug didn’t show.
I’m at a total loss, and to be stopped by these bugs would be severely disheartening. If you have any idea as to what I can do to fix any of these bugs, I’d be really grateful. Also, if you need me to answer any questions, please let me know.
I’m sorry, I went about this all wrong. I thought I was going about this correctly, but I really should have waited before posting. I completely forgot about the rule about posting ROMs and I completely forgot to post my event file, two hge mistakes. In addition, I randomly just realized what I did wrong, something I would have realized sooner if I actually looked over my event file. Again, I’m sorry for wasting your time. I was tired and annoyed that a new ROM was breaking for seemingly no reason and I didn’t think through it.
In case you were curious, what happened is that I had an asmc that I hadn’t inserted into the new ROM, but was still in the event file. So, after every action, the game would try to run an asmc that was really just empty space, causing an endless loop.