I will give someone diamonds at this point[I'm guessing solved]

if you can’t get it resolved here, you can pm me and ill try to help you out.

1 Like

thanks fellas, i’m at work right now but i’ll test it tomorrow

eh I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do so i ask a bunch of questions right quick and comments related.

Is this script for a magic class or a physical class? This is important because in fe7, modes 1 and 3 are actually used for magic classes for fortify.(I am not exactly sure which one, I just know once I added them, fortify animations worked)

For ranged animations like magic swords, it uses modes 5 and 6 as well. basically what I am getting at is if you are trying to include both sword and dark spell animations (at least I think you are trying to do that), shit is going to break and you need to have the animation separate. What you could do is just make one of the animations tied to a custom weapon like the sol katti.

the whole point of hectator’s melee/magic patch is to fix that

i’m not quite sure what you’re getting at? where does fortify come in? but yeah i have two separate animation scripts for one character. but your solution is the problem i’m in right now.

the patch should have settled it if that’s the issue. You can try reapplying the patch. If you patch a patched, ROM, it’ll undo the patch

okay, so i tested the animations with the patch in a clean ROM. And everything seemed to be working well. the animations that were causing problems don’t cause problems in the clean ROM…

So what does that mean? I don’t want to take a guess here because you guys are the experts.

is there hope for this current rom…

what/where should I be trying to compare exactly?

Use HxD’s “Compare” option to compare the newly-patched rom with a backup. Check if there’s anything changed in places where you inserted stuff.

i just compared my current ROM that has the might/magic patch. everything is the same except for the change in hex where the patch was…
I compared my clean ROM with the m/m patch with the fucked up ROM, and the patched hex stuff is the exact same it looks like.

yeah like idk wtf happened and i’m so confused

WAIT!

it might be the patch.

the clean rom with the patch just borked the slim lances attack. It used the javelin animation
and it was with two vanilla animations

mercenary and peg knight (florina in chapter 3)

If the patch/animations are working on a clean rom, that would mean that the patch is overwriting stuff that you were already working on before then and in theory it’s only the patches fault because you made use of data that the patch uses and it was overwritten, which seems odd IMO. I don’t hack FE7 so I’m not sure about this slim lance problem. Using the javelin animation for the slim lance shouldn’t cause a problem I would think? It’s what most lances use anyway I thought…

Worst comes to worst it just means you would have to reinsert stuff I guess if it’s working on a clean ROM with just the patch applied if that at least works. You’d probably lose a days worth of work advancement doing that, but such is the hacking life I guess?

the patch overwrites is here though,

I’ve never inserted anything in that area before.

that’s the slim lance glitch with the m/m patch.

I don’t think the patch works completely right on a clean rom is what i meant

I wonder if that shows up in FE8 as well… so using the m/m patch just causes the slim lance to become a magic weapon so to say, in FE7 at least, on a clean ROM? And maybe the slim sword too if I’m reading you’re myrmidon problem right? That sounds kinda odd IMO, but maybe it was something left in for testing purposes…? The problem you’re having with hybrid classes is indeed related to the issue I mentioned before and this patch should in theory be the fix for it. I have no idea why it would mess up your other animations if you aren’t overwriting things. Baylor and Bram are physical only classes(not hybrid) I would imagine(so they only have sword set for them in terms of weapon levels or what you do for Baylor in his case), so this is indeed very odd.

If everything is working like you said earlier(other than the slim lance problem) then you’re mostly just asking for help on how to save your current ROM yes? In that case PMing Brendor might be the way to go. If it’s working on a clean ROM with the patch applied, that either means the patch is overwriting something without you knowing somehow or you’re messing up something in your current ROM. I can’t really think of anything else right now.