I make things... sometimes

I was bored so I started working on this. Pir1

Silly, I know. I was looking into making a tough pirate lord. If anyone can help me make her look better, be my guest. I like how she looks, tbh, but I know more work could really help her out. I also need to work on a repalette because it’s more than 16 colors at the moment.

4 Likes

One thing that stands out to me is that the head is at a different angle than the rest of the body. She’s mostly facing towards the camera, while her armor is angled a different way.
cef57a7125b5b6fc5684100434783cd72673bc66
Also, I cleaned up the palette for you. This should be exactly 16 colors. Things to note:

• The bandanna shares colors with the hair. This was the closest I could get to your original palette. You could change it to use armor colors if you want.
  • The cloth thing on her armor was reduced to three colors. It had four originally, but I needed to merge two to make sure it fit into palette restrictions.
  • Her skin color and outline were set to FE8 defaults. If you don’t want this for some reason, you can change it back. Also, I recommend messing with the skin color anyway (I used a male one on your female character).
  • The armor/hair/cloth colors are still FE7 defaults. I’m assuming you’re going to change those colors at some point?
1 Like

@RandomWizard I did notice the angle of armor and head, but I believed she would be okay , it’s like she is turning that way but keeping her posture facing frontwards. But looking at her for a while, I know what you mean. And I also knew that the body was huge for Sonya? I still went with it since I needed her to be big, buff, strong.

• The bandana I always wanted it white, like the cape, which is bluish as it is, but I was going to edit that. I know that when you add things to a mug’s head, it has to be different than the hair, otherwise, it tends to look bad. The part of the bandana that sticks out at the back I did it from scratch, and I like how it turned out. I might make it a little bigger.

• Yeah, that cape had four colors. I am glad you worked it out.

• They were? But I only used Sonya and Lundgren is it? The bandana I took I think from Uhai, I just worked it a little to make it bigger. I didn’t know fe7 characters used fe8 skin colors. Which ones are better, in your opinion, skin colors, fe7 or fe8?

• Yes, I will make up my mind and change it. From now on, I probably will use fe7 colors on any fe7 related mugs, and fe8 on any fe8 mugs.

Many thanks for fixing her. :slight_smile:

@RandomWizard Is this version any better-looking? Sailor I like her except the coloring on the bandana. I might have to edit the outfit in order to make it look better, maybe change it to dark colors.

I like a lot of stuff done by both versions. The old bandanna design was better, and I liked the “armored pirate” look, but this new one is better put together overall. Great job on the splicing, both ways!