I’m interested in playing the new Project Ember game! But I’m unable to patch the .rar file onto an existing copy of a Fire Emblem GBA rom. (6?)
I usually use a tool called Multipatch which has no issues patching a .ups file onto an existing GBA rom.
Does anyone know of any programs or methods that would allow me to patch?
I emulate on a Mac if that matters.
RAR is a proprietary compression software, like zip or 7z but bad. You can download the unrar package from homebrew and use commands
unrar x project_ember.rar
You will get an ups file.
or just use a website like https://extract.me/ if you don’t know how that works.
You downloaded the .zip? follow these steps.
- Download a .zip extractor, winRAR, 7zip, etc.
- extract all to your computer.
- open your emulator (Mgba is my recommendation as it’s simple to bypass the patching thing.)
- load a JPN fe6 rom
- check if you have any cheats active, if so, remove the cheats, if not, continue.
- load the ups patch you like. (if it’s your first run, go the HM patch.)
- if it doesn’t load, shutdown Mgba and repeat steps 4 and 6 as shown above.
- when it loads, feel satisfied that you can play it.
- enjoy playing Project Ember!