How to receive result from a talk (yes and no)?

Long ago I asked if it was possible to revive dead characters and spawn alive units without losing equipment and status. (something like that)

• An image of the solution of the problem I mentioned. *(the solution of this mentioned problem were made by Vesly )

However now I’m facing another problem and I tried to figure out how to fix it, but I really couldn’t think of a way of doing it.

The problem now is: How to get the result of an answer in Fire Emblem, like when Farina talks to Hector, if you say yes she goes to your team, if you say no she will keep going around until you change your mind and talk again with her, I kind of understand the label condition, but I don’t know how to do the command/event. Any suggestion or something near this?

The answer to a Yes/No option is stored in slot C, you just have to compare the slot C to whatever you need.

TEXTSTART
TEXTSHOW ExampleText //Yes/No question
TEXTEND
SVAL 0x1 0x1 //Slot for comparison
BNE 0x1 0xC 0x1//If Yes selected, execute next://Else go to Label 1
	/*Events if Yes was selected*/
	GOTO 2
LABEL 1
	/*Events if No was selected*/
LABEL 2
2 Likes

YUS! Thanks for the answer! :3.

To add onto this, you also need to account for the player pressing Start or B if those are allowed. Pressing start returns 0 iirc, so if someone presses start it’ll be the same as selecting No, which might not be what you want.

Very stupidly if you press B before the text has loaded, it gives the same result as pressing Yes. It really makes me wonder. This is how I do my own yes/no events:

EVBIT_MODIFY 4 // Prevent scene skipping and dialogue skipping 
SVAL r7 1 
EVBIT_F 2 // Stop scene skipping if player was already
Text(ProceedAreaText) 
BNE 0x0 rC r7 
// Answered Yes 
GOTO 0x63 
LABEL 0 
// Answered No 
LABEL 0x63 
EVBIT_MODIFY 0 // Allow scene skipping etc
NoFade