How to makes your Generic Lord less Generic

Kinda rude bro, that video is way before this stuff came out :confused:

1 Like

i respected the dedication to saying it even though he knew it’d get deleted and that it was really dumb

1 Like

Keep both parents alive throughout the game. Now you have the most unique lord of all time.

5 Likes

Might be due to the fact that Hector starts off with low speed and skill, and lategame when his stats are good, his promotion doesn’t actually increase his MOV, meaning he can wreck anything, but only if your other units haven’t gotten there first.

well you did indeed say something crazy

well to be fair no one can solo lunatic, because lunatic was not balanced or playtested

Lunatic was not balanced and playtested? I beg to differ. Just because it is extremely hard, does not mean that it wasn’t playtested. In fact, lunatic conquest you could make the argument that everything is there for a reason and that it is near perfectly balanced.

2 Likes

the hardest difficulties in a lot of recent fire emblem games, in fact are not playtested

hardest shadow dragon difficulty needs you to rig a killing edge crit with Ogma on hyman in order to win without weaving in and out with your beefiest units until Hyman’s weapons break :expressionless:

awakenings hardest difficulty is not based on skill but luck :expressionless:

three houses hardest difficulty has infinite reinforcements on route maps and creeps the stats so hard that you can only use the absolute best units :expressionless:

1 Like

I agree with you on fe11 and fe12, but awakening and three houses? No way. Especially considering 3h the hardest difficulty was not released at launch.

FE3H on Maddening was quite literally not playtested, the devs said so themselves. It was just added because the game was piss easy even on Hard.

1 Like

If the Lord is too strong, the other members will not be able to play an active role.
So, I think it’s best if the Lord is a little weak.

For example, if the Lord is so strong that he can defeat all enemies by himself, the other members will not have any reason to exist.
In GBAFE, I think the Lord is adjusted to be active in the early stages of the game, stall out in the middle, and then be given a place to be active again in the late stages.

5 Likes

If the lord is a female, make her a magic user so the STR will not become an issue in the mid to late game, because nearly all the female lords SUFFER from this issue. The Magic growth must be decent, 40 is nice, 35 is a mediocre, above 50 is being too arrogant.

Of course the Female lord can be weak, but that weak in the mid - late game?
Or she can be a Pre promoted, something like a Mini Jagen, not so good stats for a pre promoted, but above everyone else in the beginning of the game.

If Im going to train and promote him / her, he / she needs a horse.

If no horse, 6 Mov is good and no solo weapon lock. That sucks, it does don’t deny it.

This is a really good point. It’s pretty easy to criticize something as clichĂ©, but if someone is going to be the main protagonist of a series about clashing armies, then that character actually needs to be in a position that others will follow him. If the character isn’t a noble of some sort, then he needs to be exceptional in some way for others to rally around him. A lot of concepts that may be unique could result in a character that just isn’t up to the task of carrying a story, whether that’s in the sense that there’s no logical reason for others to rally to him or his characterization doesn’t match the grand things happening around him.

As far as unique gameplay concepts, one of the “lords” in my hack is a magical researcher who has very little natural aptitude for magic, and a portion of the game is built around emphasizing his need to receive buffs from his allies in order to function. The general response to those segments has been positive.

3 Likes

For my hack, I made my main lord an Est archetype. Bad enough bases that he takes 4 rounds of combat to solo a level 1 brigand, but all his growths are insane.

that was mainly the case with Robin in awakening and Corrin and Byleth on the hardest difficulties, for the games normal or hard modes past awakening the Lords aren’t too dominant, Corrin can’t handle large amounts of enemies like Ryoma or Xander (or both) because he can’t really take hits without a dragonstone, and unless you make Byleth a wyvern lord he will just be a solid unit like any other

Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri though is where the problems begin

I guess Micaiah would be in the 1st group
While Celica and ike on the second one specially later on

because hoshido lord corrin is kinda squishy, unless you boon defense or res of course.