How to make a branching event in FE7?

I’m making an FE7 romhack. At one point, the player has the option to take a certain series of actions which cause a flag to be turned on. Later on, I want one of two events to be called (from within a chapter’s end event) depending on whether or not the flag is on. How do I do this?

(I’m working with FEBuilderGBA for this project. I know there’s an easy way to do this with conversations, but I want the flag to affect more than just dialogue.)

You’ll want to make an IF statement. If the flag is TRUE (“On”) Execute the following code (or execute an event) and if the flag is FALSE it will jump to an event LABEL (where you can execute the other event)

I don’t remember the exact names of the commands, but on the sidebar there should be a section for branching paths.

You can also find examples of IF statements in FE7s events at the end of the chapter which introduces Dorcas (the game checks if he’s alive)

I’ve mostly figured out how it works, but I can’t figure out how to get the labels to work right without getting an error. Do only certain numbers work as labels? Do I have to set them somehow?

Edit: Never mind, I think I got it.