How do you pronounce Kelik?

• Keh-lick
  • Key-lick

0 voters

2 Likes

I actually say it like Kell-ick, but Keh-lick is the closer option so i voted that

5 Likes

I pronounce it either the first or Keh-leck

1 Like

I called him Key-Lick, but I assume it’s Keh-lick

Nobody saying “Kuh-lick”? Buffoons, all of you!

(But seriously, I pronounce it more like “Kell-lick”. Your first option is closer, so I went with that one.)

3 Likes

How I pronounce Kelik

2 Likes

That name
 It’s been years since I’ve heard it. But the memories flowed in like water when the dam breaks
 Not like you’d understand

That name, just hearing it
 Some say keh-lick, others say key-lick, but what do they know? Have they faced him in battle? Watched their friends perish before their eyes? Do they even know the power Cain granted him?

I doubt it.

So when his name is uttered, I care not how it is said. I know only sorrow
 I hear only
 The blade

13 Likes

pandan this is a wendy’s drivethru

9 Likes

You don’t sell fish sandwiches here, do you? Pft. I wouldn’t expect you to understand.

EDIT: I checked after writing and Wendy’s does do fish now. They do understand.

10 Likes

Kehl.
(Keh-lick)

Definitive, Blazer at one point went by the name of ケăƒȘク.

3 Likes

Keh-lick
Meh-Lick (but with a K instead of M)

['ke̞Éși.kËÉŻÌ„]

Though if we use the katakana that Blazer himself used for it, we get just ['ke̞Éși.kÉŻÌ„], which indicates that he may have pronounced it KEH-leek? If the intended pronunciation in English is ['kʰɛ.lÉȘk] (KELL-ick), you’d think the kana would be ケăƒȘック, and if it were supposed to be [kʰɛ.'lik] (keh-LEEK) they would be ケăƒȘăƒŒă‚Ż, yet Blazer’s rendition is ケăƒȘク. This katakana rendition is unexpected with how English’s tense and lax vowels are transliterated to Japanese’s long and short vowels. This leads me to believe that, if TLP were a Japanese creation, a fan translation would get the name “wrong” and call him Carrack or something. The most hilarious potential misunderstanding would be for someone to assume it was supposed to be some fancy European word like
 I dunno
 Quelque. Or the translators would just shrug at that point and do a Berg->Vergil sort of thing. Maybe they would look at the same legends Siegfried is from and try to find a character in them with a similar name who could plausibly have been the inspiration for Kelik. Alternatively, they may take note of his association with ケナキン (assuming we’re not willing to transliterate that to Anakin, since everyone associates that with Star Wars) and put a Middle Eastern spin on his name and call him something like KhalĂźq. Although I expect the name was created ex nihilo (it just sounds cool and snappy), it is entirely possible to read way too much into anything as soon as you transliterate it into kana.

8 Likes

There is actually a fanmade JP translation of TLP. We could see how they decided to render it in kana. :thinking:

4 Likes

W0t? Really?!
Did TLP reach the other side of Earth?!

Pretty sure TLP sold better than FE12

9 Likes

The moment when a hack of a series that was originally from japan has to be translated to reach japan. Fullcircle lol

6 Likes

Don’t forget his name is said out loud in-game: https://youtu.be/vtjC00PHZPo?t=1973

2 Likes

Don’t you die on me, Keh-lick! Get up!

We have it, boys! Definitive proof!