How did you choose your username?

I remember being younger and my favorite mythological creature to this day is a Kappa, but I probably misspelled Guiltykappa as Gultykappa. IDK why I’ve never changed it, but it’s stuck ever since.

1 Like

I wonder how many I can go back and think of…

I’ve gone by Volvagia on an RP forum, vs and hard gs always sound cool to me and one of the few moments I remember of OOT as a kid personally was fighting this boss, so for my red-haired long swordsman it seemed appropriate until I gave him a new name when I joined my first Fire Emblem forum, but I won’t tell you that name because it’s what I use for… private browsing.

Had stints as Percival, Twilight and Eltosian(Though probably not the one you know.). Percival and Eltosian from their respectively Fire Emblem entries and Twilight because I got Twilight Princess for Christmas and being the edge-lord I… am, was? It fit for a little while.

For like a month I was ナイトメア. From the Japanese visual kei band that did the first opening for Death Note.

I’ve gone by Nikolas here and there, which is probably the closest I’ve gotten to using a real, proper name.

More recently I’ve been using character names rather than my main name, so I’ve had accounts as Ieiri who is one of my favourite singers, Mistoltin as it was a cool fantranslation name of a Fire Emblem weapon and Gravcorda which was my Legacy name in SWTOR.

I spent a month or two playing Apex Legends where I’d change my name every week. Went from my main name to parigoria.exe, Greek word for solace according to google and the .exe because I love me some computer thing.

Had the name Jensen for a bit, a bunch of permutations as well in the likely case it was taken. Big fan of Deus Ex HR+MD.

Went to jinzocore/人造core/人造コアー. Jinzo ningen is japanese for artificial human or android, I chopped off the human part and chucked in core, some sort of “inside of me is artificial” kind of statement. It’s been my go-to when I didn’t want to assume the persona of my main name for the past year or two.

Actually, I suppose the name I’ve been using in a couple places this year is the closest to my real name, indirectly. SUNrecord. I’ll probably delete all the accounts and find a new name because I’m not too sold on it but I wanted the real name link so I was limited.

Now, main name.
NICKT/NICKTofficial.
I’ve had this name since 2009 and it’s slowly become more of who I am than my real self over the years. I was in a digital photography class with a girl I hung out with and one day we were writing down our names combined with musicians and bands we listened to, so if you were named Jack and you liked Foo Fighters you’d have Jack Fighters.

At that time and since, my absolute favourite musician has been Gackt, so I put my name with his and I’ve been Nickt ever since. It was my go-to for everything from my email to my facebook to the stupid thing I’d scribble on desks and the insides of my books.

Following traumatic RL stuff it felt like my real self sort of stopped and I then became Nickt in every fibre of my being to every imaginable detriment you can imagine.

Also, that’s Nickt. Not Nick, not Nick T, not Nick T-shirt.

So yeah, my name plus singer’s name back when I was in high school.
Should have just said that…

4 Likes

it’s recipe bank backwards

3 Likes

I like Sacred Stones :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was messing around with some wizard clipart as a profile picture, with a changed username to go with that, and then I suddenly became kinda relevant in the FE community and got stuck with this.

1 Like

I originally entered MegaGamer as a name to use on some multiplayer DS game, don’t remember which. It came from the fact that Mega Man is my favorite series; Mega Man 4 in particular was the origin of my lifelong love of video games. When I started listening to Edobean on Radio PSI, I entered the same name into the IRC chat, and everyone there at some point shortened it to “Mega” to refer to/address me. The name Mega stuck, so I took the original form and added the “The” to reflect that Mega was my name now rather than a descriptor.

1 Like

Zenithia from DQ4, contracted it and added an X at the front :wink:

1 Like

Mine is just a nickname a friend gave me in high-school, then she and I went onto discord and named ourselves “Moonstone Mommy” and “Obsidian Daddy”.

5 Likes

That’s just how some friends call me. Pretty boring now that I think about it uh

You, Devisian Knights. How much weight… can you handle? Can you withstand the spirit of one who’s life has passed? The weight of the burden of that death? Weak souls succumb quickly to a strong spirit… strong ether is like a toxin to those whose bodies and minds are unfamiliar with such overwhelming power… Kain, just for a moment, grant me that power…!

11 Likes

Typo with a few liberties taken
User -> Ysr -> Ysor
I have other aliases but that one is my favorite

Oh boy this is gonna be a long story, grab a snack and a drink for this one.

During my early years i went by the alias “Knight_173” because i played a web browser game “Adventure Quest Worlds” & my brother made the account and named it that way (173 is just a number we found on our mousepad).

Then i became a weeb with my brother and watched the anime “Code Geass”, which then became an inspiration for my 2nd alias, “Zero”. No comment regarding that.

Eventually it got changed to “Xyo” (Zee yo) because of me being a fan of an AQW youtuber named Xyo, i believe he made music videos in the AQW servers.

Afterwards it was a void of aliases, Xyo stuck on for so long that there were variants: Sir Xyo, Mr. Xyo, OMFGItsXyo, Player Xyo & Knight Xyo. Mainly cus i had a headcanon of being a minecraft youtuber with different accounts for content, i was an over ambitious child.

After many years, i became tired of the Xyo alias and wanted to create a unique one with a bit of creativity. Then i roamed the twitter site as i was conceptualizing an alias then i came across my classmate whose twitter handle had the letters for his real name there but not all of it and it also meant another word (this sounds confusing i know). So i thought of a topic that i can put myself into: Bread + my nickname, thus “Pretsel” was born.

“Generic Pretsel” came from me being a sad boy before, mainly for the 1st half of my name.

Bonus:
“Wai Soo Phat” also exists but only as a smurf alias, it was made after the “Xyo Dynasty Of Aliases”

5 Likes

When I was 8 years old, I had to write a short story for school and Zanryu was a character I came up with at the time. I wound up using the name as my online alias a couple years after, and despite bouncing around with different names from time to time I always came back to it; it was recognizable, people knew who I was at a glance and it’s the only character who has stuck around with me all these years, even so far as to be included in the book I’m writing.

6 Likes

Originally I had my name as simply Adam and didn’t had anything else unique to put onto it until the name Adamminn hit me like how an apple fell on Newton’s head and I’ve used that name ever since. That’s really the backstory behind it and nothing really else

My older brother was going to sign me up for a runescape account (I was like 9).
I couldn’t think of a username so he asked me my favorite smash bros character. and I was a like “YoungLink… I dunno, I can’t think” so he came up with “Icantthinklink”

I didn’t like it, I wanted something to do with Zelda, specifically OoT and I wanted it to loosely hint at the temple of fire/fire medallion or Darunia calling link “little brother”. I thought of “Goronrocks64” or something like that, but it sounded off.

Then I remembered the band “The Flaming Lips.” My brother and I would listen to “Yoshimi battles the pink robots” “The Gash” (from soft bulliten) and “At war with the mystics” when I was young. This was during the late 00s like 06-09. so some of my best memories are from that time. (Dang funorb was a good time. Arcanists ftw!)

So I settled on “FlamingZelda” which I’ve used ever since.

1 Like

Gosh, has it really been 22 or so years now? Anyway, I named myself after the first ever video game character that I really liked so much; like she was my absolute favorite, and somewhat still is even today. It was only just the name for some time at first, but I eventually added the numbers to prevent confusion with others who decide to also name themselves after her (of which I did see a couple or so). Other than that, this has been my username ever since and I’ve yet to see a need to call myself anything else.

2 Likes

I am me and myself; not just I.

Therefore we are who we are.

And we belong!

Oh, do we belong; together and in love and to all the world.

And so, we are those that love all in the world; we who belong to our family; we, Two, definitely are someone who Belongs to the family of God.

(Which, ironically, I believe is the correct word; makes me a terrible christian because a few important parts of the things that make this my identity are things that the bible prohibits. But that is that and this is this.)

Of course, Two Who Belong is quite the unwieldy name, too long for plenty of services I like and also requiring spaces, so the abbreviation 2WB comes out. And then, of course, services required me to go with 4 character names, so I just suffered.

And before that, 'twas my favorite pair of redheads; which is why I also lay claim to Eliwan as a name. That one came from me imitating a story I liked and writing about a dashing prince saving someone; and letting this prince go unnamed for a while because I didn’t have a name I liked. FE8 would give me an out to this problem with a cute mage.

Of course, this directly onspurred my problem that led me to my new name: Not only did I not particularly identify with the name itself (I am not that person); it also just feels weird to write a story including your handle as a character while you’re also using it as your handle.

3 Likes

I’m a mk404 ripoff

Ray sounds like my name, and it’s what I tell people to call me when they can’t pronounce my actual name.

I didn’t know there were like, what, 3? 4? other Rays/Reys/Raymonds before I joined FEU (and the discord) so now I’m the other other other Ray I guess

edit: Also it’s not because of Raymond of Cornwell smh

4 Likes

It sounds funny

14 Likes

It’s a truncated form of an old joke I had with my friends. Since I moved around a lot, I had to get clarification on pronouncing my last name, so much so that whenever people would start saying my name, I’d say “the G is silent.” That made its way into ThegisSilent when I first got on discord, and then finally just Thegis.

1 Like