Hi all! I'm Phanfan

Hey all, this is Phanfan. I’ve been lurking for a while now, and finally decided to make an account! I have two things I wanted to share with y’all. I hope to post them soon.

The first is an assembly hack for fe6 which transfers Tequila’s “show battle stats with animations off” to FE6. I’m not sure what the standards for posting this sort of stuff is, presumably I should ask Tequila if it’s ok? I really loved this one of Tequila’s hacks in particular, and I think it’s a great qol addition to every FE game (isn’t it a shame that NONE of the mainline games have this?) I’m still testing the hack though to make sure I didn’t do anything stupid. Of course most of the work is Tequila’s, I just found the places to insert the code to work with FE6, which still took me like half a year. Assembly is pretty hard haha.

The second is a deeper dive into the secondary rn system for FE6. In particular I think I found a way to replicate the more advanced desert item tricks that FE7 has (ie you can trade and use item, then find the desert item), but it is definitely harder than the dondon/beamcrash method (reset, check a char’s stats screen, wait). In short, when the mini-portraits show up in FE6 on the desert chapter, secondary rns are burned every FRAME! I think there’s a nice way to burn them though, but one needs to learn the timing. It probably isn’t a very important technique, but I thought I should document it somewhere at least. I also noted down the first 20 or so 2RN’s so that one can know exactly how many to burn.

I don’t know if you can tell yet, but FE6 is one of my favorites! It’s probably nostalgia, it’s the first game that I played when returning to FE as an adult (I played through like 2/3 of FE7 and all of FE8 in high school). Anyway, this post is long enough, hopefully I’ll be seeing y’all soon!

8 Likes

I just made an updated version of battle stats with anims off the other day that draws the unit’s weapon as well. Considering it’s in Teq’s asm thread and skillsys fe8, it is definitely free to be edited. I don’t think any community asm is free to use but not edit in fact. Maybe Kirb’s debug-o-matic as he put his name on the menu for it… in any case, I didn’t bother asking Teq if I could edit his code. I pinged him on releasing it and credited him, so if for some reason he wants me to remove it he could ask :man_shrugging:

If you find asm in someone’s project, you can’t assume it’s f2u / f2e, but if it’s in skill sys / their asm thread, it is meant to be used :smile:

Welcome to feu! Definitely hop into the discord’s #advanced_help channel if you want any guidance on asm. I’m sure we can save you some time and sanity.

3 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the tips. I’ll definitely check out the discord channel if I attempt more asm stuff!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.