Help with braids

Hey, this is my first post here so hello to everyone who might read this. I’ve recently started getting into making FE sprites and I was hoping that someone could help me figure out how to make my braids look better, especially the smaller one.image

5 Likes

I tried making a new one from scratch and while I think it does look much better I’m still not too happy with it. Does anyone have anything I could use as a reference for this kind of braids?

1 Like

references you say?

I gotchu
image image image image
(These aren’t free to use, in case someone asks)

5 Likes

Pret is the god of reference

2 Likes

Okay I know the point was to get help with the braid, but thats looking really good so far, and I look forward to your future stuff. As for references, unless someone else can send it, I’ll send my Petra later when I get on my PC.

1 Like

Thank you for the references! I don’t think I can get it to look the way I want it to though, so maybe I’ll just give her a headband or come up with a new haircut instead.
Maybe it’s because I’ve put too much detail into the rest of the hair, but no matter what I try I just can’t make it fit in with the rest of it. And thank you, if I keep making more portraits I’ll make sure to keep posting them here! :relieved:

4 Likes