Hello ladies and gentlemen~

Hello hello hello~
How is everyone doing upon reading this?
I can officially state I’m a new kid on the block.
My name is Dakota, but you can address me by my username if you prefer, I don’t mind it at all.

I’ve been compelled to try something I’ve wanted to do for a long time but haven’t had the guts to or even thought I’d be good at. But it’s all worth a shot. I have a lot of creativity that just needs to be let loose.

General jist is, I want to learn how to do sprite work (battle animations, character sprites/mugs etc.) I’ve only been doing mugs so far, with lots of ideas but not enough skill (more so ideas) to continue forward. There’s just a ton of you wonderful FE folks who do all kinds of stuff and it just makes me want to try to do everything too. (So please, don’t stop being awesome and keep up the fantastic work~)

I’m uhhh… a little scared. I guess shy would be more accurate.
Any advice, tips, and/or anything really would be appreciated!

Sooo… Thanks for reading!
(I forgot to put my favorite FE etc. This was too long I’m sorry D: but please feel free to ask me anything!)

5 Likes

If you haven’t I would join the discord and look at the #spritans channel. That’s where all the artsy fartsy folk go to share and look for critique.

The best way to learn is to do, then work out the kinks.

1 Like

Ohhh, I’ll definitely have to join the discord then.
But, I feel kinda weird just joining and stuff :sweat_smile: (nervousness and shyness.)
I do work with some music as well but I’m about the same experience range as I am with sprite work. Is there a music channel too?

1 Like

There’s a channel for music also in the Discord, if that’s what you mean.

2 Likes

That is definitely what I mean lol.

1 Like

Yup, there’s a lot on the discord server. And don’t be afraid to join in all the fun. Everyone is welcome.

1 Like

Alrighty~ Thank you so much!

1 Like