Hello All

Hello, just posting to say hi. I’m a little bit of a old fart, I was just a kid in elementary school when Fire Emblem 7 was released in the US. To this day it holds up as being my favorite game of all time. Anyways, I’m pretty busy with a full time job, but in the past few months when I have some time I’ve been teaching myself Unity game engine and using Blender. I’m interested in helping with a FE game project, looks to be alot of fun! I’m pretty new to it and game development in general, seems like there’s a lot of custom tools I would need to learn. I would probably be helping with coding at the most, writing and art are not my forte at all. Nice to meet you, hope you have a good day.

15 Likes

Oh neat. Another decrepit dinosaur. Hiya fellow old person!

1 Like

Welcome Elbert/Eliwood. You seem to have an open mindset so I wish you luck in your hacking endeavors.

2 Likes

Welcome!

I was also in elementary school when FE7 was released and I feel personally attacked by this comment.

7 Likes

I was like 6 or something when it was released and I’m apparently old, so there’s that!

3 Likes

Greetings, also I remember riding the bus to middle school playing FE7.

2 Likes

Hola.

1 Like

Good news, Elbiwood. Most of the most active community members are your age or older!! Wow!! Fantastic…!

1 Like

Lol.

Reading the introduction FAQ, it says most are developing independently. Is that the case? Most have their own individual projects? Is there typically teams of coders and artists?

More or less. It’s true that many people here have individual projects, but there also many individuals who stick to their preferred areas of development. Some artists would rather create graphical assets, coders will cook up ASM hacks and musicians will come up with tracks. Many of us work alone, but the community in general tends to share whatever is created, so even though I’m the only one directly working on my Sacred Trilogy project, for example, I use tons of assets made by the community.

A few projects do have whole teams working on them though.

3 Likes

Most at least start out independently, maybe form teams once their projects start to take shape and require more detailed expertise in areas. There are tons of free to use graphics and assembly codes people can insert themselves, especially with FEBuilder now being a thing.
Event coding is easy enough for most people to learn as well, so writing text/plot and coding chapter events generally go hand-in-hand. Assembly coding is tougher and where more collaboration takes place.

2 Likes

yeah most people just work on these things on their own. Usually if you’re looking to contribute most new project threads have calls for artists, eventers, mappers, etc. Teams do form but they’re usually working on their own projects and have all the necessary roles filled. Like the team I’m apart of mainly just does everything on discord and posts here for public releases.

2 Likes

Then you’ve got guys like me.

Plenty of ideas but no real skills when it comes to actually doing any of the processes of actually making a hack, writing a story, or coding a dang thing.

So I at least try to spark ideas where I can, and give something back to this comunity.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.