Gotta start somewhere ~

Hello, I’ve been reading this forum for a while now and I think it may be time for me to participate.

Though I played many FE games, my heart always stayed with the GBA series even if it’s lacking interesting features such as reclassing, skill system, or 3rd tier promotions. Thankfully romhacking can provide almost anything needed and allows us to keep playing in the GBA environment with renewed comfort, and that’s what got me interested in the first place.

Since I got to talk about interests here are the two main points I’m working on, however vague they may be: hacking FE8 (getting used to FEBuilder, understanding assembly logic when needed) and FE GBA graphic style (making custom sprites, splices, animations, portraits maybe).

I don’t know yet if I will be very active in the near future but I think I might at least ask questions about the tools developed here and maybe provide some animations from time to time.

I hope this is a proper introduction and look forward to improving my understanding of romhacking with you ~ ~

8 Likes

Huh. Neat.

more art is always welcome

Welcome.

Thanks for your greetings!

Don’t know if what I do can be called “art”, I think I need some more time to improve it. But once it’s done I will submit all of that for the ultimate repository for sure :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway for now I’m more likely to think about the technical side, about that does anyone now if there is a “simple” way to export spell animations from FE6/7? I mean other than taking the frames with AnimGet and make some script, I hoped FEBuiler would do that but it’s seems that spell animation is a really tricky thing.

welcome to FEU!

If you are looking for critique or any other advise I do recommend joining the FEU discord server :wink: