Good Morning... Or Afternoon/Evening/Whenever

Hello all,

I’ve just joined FEU because I have been interested in ROM hacking for a while now, but never really had the courage to really begin until now. Now, however, I’ve been blessed with loads of free time to see if I have what it takes to learn.

My hacking experience is fairly low, with only a couple sessions of messing around in FEBuilder GBA. I can script… acceptably, with some trouble on more complex events. As always, I am eager to learn and would appreciate any suggestions on topics to begin with, even if it’s considered extremely basic.

For my personal history with the series, I joined fairly late. I remember playing Smash Bros Melee and wondering who Marth was (as I assume most of us Americans have), then asking a well-versed friend if he knew. He did, but instead of giving me a detailed explanation, handed me a copy of Path of Radiance. So, in a horrendous playthrough that I am glad only exists recorded in my memories, Illyana, Zihark, and Devdan are all dead/unrecruited and I still hadn’t found where Marth was.

Regardless, I had such a wonderful experience with it that it remains my favorite Fire Emblem to this day. So much so,in fact, that it is the only game for which I still have a physical copy and a Gamecube to play it. From there, I worked backwards to the GBA games, then onto the subsequent releases of Radiant Dawn, Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates. I’ve also found versions of Binding Blade and New Mystery of the Emblem. And of course, Three Houses was a surprise hit with an ominous development time, but one I can confidently say ranks as my third favorite.

A pleasure to meet you all, and let me know if there’s anything I can do to help in return. Except on hacking. You’re all probably better at that anyways…

10 Likes

Welcome to FEUniverse Kahdiru! This is in my place definitely the place to start and find help with Rom hacking. It is always fun to see a new fellow Fire Emblem fan joining FEU. Have fun here!

Welcome to FEUniverse! :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh gosh, I was introduced to Fire Emblem by Melee too, currently I´m going to tournaments, hope to win one with Marth someday haha.

Also, your skills are way better than you think, I can´t make a script to save my life, but everyone has their strenghts, ya? Have a great day!

Hey you found where marth is!