Fishlunge's Spliced Sprites

I’ve been splicing portraits for a while now, so I suppose I should let other people look at them eventually. None of it’s too complicated or interesting but I thought it would probably be worth sharing anyway.

This is all stuff I’ve used for various stuff, mainly D&D assets, but I’ve repurposed a lot of it for a hack I’m doing casually in my free time. I’ve pretty much got it divided up into stuff I want to redo and stuff I’m okay with for now, but pretty much everything could at least stand to be touched up. I need actually put effort into doing the minimug on pretty much all of them.

Stuff I’m okay with for now

Summary

fishlunge-ShayFaceTable
I’m not sure if the head seems a bit mis-sized for this one, but I think it’s fine for the most part.

fishlunge-OttoFaceTable
I am aware that’s not really how quivers work, but it looks cooler that way.

fishlunge-TarjaFaceTable

fishlunge-AdalineFaceTable

fishlunge-AminaFaceTable

fishlunge-ArnulphFaceTable

fishlunge-BatelFaceTable

fishlunge-BirgitFaceTable

fishlunge-CarlosFaceTable

fishlunge-ClementFaceTable fishlunge-ClementFaceTable

fishlunge-EnverFaceTable

fishlunge-GerhardFaceTable

fishlunge-IoniaFaceTable

fishlunge-JacobFaceTable

fishlunge-JosetteFaceTable

fishlunge-LaureFaceTable

fishlunge-MaxwellFaceTable fishlunge-MaxwellFaceTable2
(Made some slight edits, think I made it a bit less dull. Not sure why the background isn’t showing for it, it is for the rest.)

fishlunge-MetteFaceTable

fishlunge-MoritzFaceTable

fishlunge-NomedusFaceTable

fishlunge-SaccoFaceTable

fishlunge-TristanFaceTable

fishlunge-GenericPegKnight
(Generic Pegasus Knight)

fishlunge-GenericSoldier
(Generic Soldier)

QazirFaceTable

fishlunge-OlgaFaceTableRedone

LightMage

RosaFaceTable

MArtin

JochemFaceTable2

Stuff I want to redo

Summary

fishlunge-OlgaFaceTable
Colors on this one seem a bit off, and I want to replace the head wrap thing I pulled off Rebecca with something more bandage-looking. (Wyvern Rider)

fishlunge-RaimundFaceTable
I’m not entirely sure how to fix this one, but I can tell it doesn’t look quite right. (Mage Knight)

fishlunge-ErinFaceTable
This one I’m mostly okay with, but the shading around the hair is off, and I need to redo her right eyebrow. Also, skin color seems a bit off. (Pegasus Knight)

fishlunge-SimeonFaceTable
Biggest problem with this is the pretty sloppy job I did of cropping the visor off the helmet. (Cavalier)

fishlunge-DiedrickFaceTable
This one pretty much just feels kinda meh in general. I have something in mind for the character, and this kinda does it, but it still looks pretty generic, which isn’t what I’m going for. (Mage)

fishlunge-SigmundFaceTable
The hairline on this one’s not great, mostly because the face didn’t quite line up. (Sage)

fishlunge-QazirFaceTable
I think this one’s problem is mostly a color thing, but some of the shape seems off, especially around the jaw. (Ranger/Nomad)

fishlunge-NikitaFaceTable
This one’s not particularly bad, I just think it looks kinda boring. (Cavalier)

So yeah, that’s what I’ve got as of now. I’ve made a couple animation edits, but I have no clue how to upload those.

**Anything I upload here is F2U/F2E unless I explicitly say otherwise.

Any criticism is welcome! Thanks!

13 Likes

Great work! I don’t think I’ve seen your work before, but it’s all pretty good quality! What makes a splice good, to me, is if I cannot personally identify the characters used in it at a glance. I can for some of these, but I can’t for others, so that’s a great sign. I also like how clean they all are.

This fella here, I like his haircut. His appearance screams ‘big dork’ to me and that’s a strong mark of personality. I like when it’s easy to tell what sort of character someone is just from their sprite.

Your color choices for this girl really pop. She stands out from all the others.

Always love me some cutscene generics! Can’t have too many!

This guy has a strong ‘lord’ feeling to him, and looks like he could be a stoic hero or an intelligent villain, both ways.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Amazing work(⁰▿⁰) i love potrait of swordmaster but…(;ω;) can you remove his beard (;o;) he will perfect and handsome more with no beards (>_<)

Or you can do the meme move, and make him a Naruto character.
Hehehe

But for real, most of these look amazing

1 Like

Fyi that word is spelled myrmidon

Shoot, knew something looked wrong with it. I fixed it now. Thanks.

Is the beard done poorly or do you just think the character would look better without one? Either way, here you go!

Summary

fishlunge-MoritzFaceTableNB

1 Like

Handsome (^o^)/ more handsome … ~ (^o^)/ i love u so much (^o^)/ thank for grant the wish of a poor girl like me (^_^)v

Ps : please remove beard from mini portrait too ~