[FE8][Complete] Fire Emblem: The Four Kings (8/19/22 Update: RR Quickfix)

Nice! Will continue playing when I get the chance.

1 Like

Four Kings? Where’s Kunzite-Sama?

1 Like

I’ve got another big update! This new patch right here has chapters 1-15 entirely completed! This marks the beginning of the mid game, during which Walter and Lionel split up. The player’s units are divided up for them between these two armies as follows:

Walter’s army: Ava, Bradley, Shaun, Chase, Lydia, Yufin, Shelby, Dorian, Locritus, Cielo, Ron

Lionel’s army: Zachary, Max, Sally, Marcie, Zoe, Vin, Victor, Colt, Hoff, Cindy, Regis

You’ll be switching off between the two armies as you progress through the chapters. Chapter 11 is Walter, chapters 12 and 13 are Lionel, chapters 14 and 15 are Walter again, and so on. And each army also recruits plenty of new units to use, too.

This is also the part of the game where I’ll be throwing out tons of free promotion items, with the intention that the player tries to promote every unit they have. These chapters will allow you to deploy all of your units, so see if you can do that!

As always, if you want to keep tabs on the project, click here to join the discord server!

And lastly, here are some screenshots of this new chunk of the game.

7 Likes

Krash I beg of you once more post screenshots at 1x zoom aaaaa

3 Likes

Another big update, this time with chapters 1-20 fully completed! The midgame comes to a close, and that means the army split is also ending. And it also means lord promotions! I also decided to make secret books and goddess icons buyable in every shop for 4000 gold each, and I made the silver tomes (Aura, Fenrir, Fimbulvetr) less heavy. When chapter 21 comes around, Walter and Lionel’s armies will come together for the lategame. Get the new patch here!

Here’s some screenshots for this update! Big thanks to ltranc for repaletting the lord promotion animations, and to the Dark Lord and the Maiden of Light guy for providing the Hector Great Lord bow animation!

image image image image image image image image image image

10 Likes

Time for my 3rd message of ritual screenshot bashing.

ree post them at 1x zoom

1 Like

I’ll get it right for the final release

1 Like

Please press F11 while running your emulator and screenshot that.

1 Like

I think it’s F12 by default

1 Like

F11 is the full screen button.

1 Like

With Visual Boy Advance, you can use File -> Screen Capture.

2 Likes

This looks just absolutely amazing! I love the concept of character specific weapons. Makes it seem like everybody is a valuable asset. I just wanted to ask how many chapters you intend to have?

1 Like

There are planned to be 29 chapters in total. Currently I’ve done 21 (there’s a forced gaiden between 10 and 11), so only 8 chapters remain. I also plan on making a few post-game trial maps that tell short stories following other characters before or during the main story. At my pace, I should have this whole game finished by the end of the year.

4 Likes

At the rate you’re going, you’ll probably have a playable version of the full game by the end of next month :flushed: :flushed:
I really did enjoy my playthrough of the first Demo of this game, and I can’t wait to come back and check out the finished product!

1 Like

I’m the god damn fastest thing alive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDVETCtRZv4

2 Likes

Hey all, I got another big update, this time with chapters 21-25 all added and completed! Download the new patch here! The route split ends as Walter and Lionel’s armies converge, but a new enemy emerges from the shadows! And how will their older brother Terril fit into all of this? Play the new update to find out!

The end of the hack is rapidly approaching, with only 3 chapters left in the main story! However, I do plan on adding a small postgame with 5 trial maps, expanding on some story events that you didn’t get to see during the main campaign and giving side characters more time to shine.

Also, because the hack is so close to the end, I NEED MORE PLAYTESTERS!!! I have been testing all the maps myself, and I’ve had a few people giving me feedback like Chess, Booshka, and Artorious, but I really want more people to test the game out before its full release. If you are interested in testing the game, come on down to the discord server for the game and try it out! Or just leave comments in here giving me your feedback. Regardless, I hope you enjoy!

And lastly, some screenshots! I finally uploaded them at the correct resolution, I think. Hurray! You can also see all the new promoted portraits that the lords got, courtesy of Zmr, Feier, and Obsidian!
image image Ava talking Father sword Holy Sword Lords promoted Marvin Virgil and Terril Zach

16 Likes

poggers we’ve actually uploaded the screenshots in 1x this time

4 Likes

I have evolved.

3 Likes

I loved scrolling through the months and seeing ZMR asking for adjusted screen shots in the least passive aggressive way. Today is finally the day, gents

3 Likes

You thought Vision Quest was the only hack that would finish this week? Then you thought wrong! Fire Emblem: The Four Kings is complete! Check the top post of the thread for the patch, discord server invite, and other information!

Note that this will not be the final release. I plan on adding 6 trial maps at a later date, which will focus on side characters in their own adventures outside the main story. But for right now, I just wanted to release the main story and go play Vision Quest.

If you have any feedback, please tell me what you think either in this thread or on my discord server! I’ll be making bug fixes and revisions as needed, and every bit of feedback helps!

Lastly, thanks to everyone who’s helped and supported this project over the past 9 months. It was certainly a lightning quick development cycle compared to other hacks of a similar scope, and I’m proud I was able to pull it all together with everybody’s help.

I’m the god damn fastest thing alive, and don’t you forget it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDVETCtRZv4

23 Likes