Fire Emblem: The Dragon Herald (103.3% Complete FE8 Hack)

Holy shit, FEBuilder has updaters for roms now too? That’s fantastic!

By using this function, the work can be updated automatically.
When the author updated the work, the user could not notice it and play with the old version.
To solve this, an automatic update function is provided.
To enable this mechanism, you need to install updateinfo.txt.
This is to check for updates and get the update destination URL.

In the case of a work that has this mechanism, you can update it to the latest version at the press of a button.
When the ROM is read, an automatic update check is performed every three days.

9 Likes

That’s amazing, thank you so much for implementing this.

i’m sorry I can’t like your post, i forgot FEU has a daily limit on the likes you can have every day

I have to drive out but I’ll remember to do this later today and let you know when I do (also thanks everyone else for the feedback, I’ll read/address those separately later as well!)

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

Chapter 0: I think I will likely leave it as is, since other people have mentioned it actually feels a little tough for a prologue chapter. I don’t wanna go all out for an opener after all, so I do want to allow a little bit of overly safe play for people (while leaving the option to be super aggressive and reach the second boat as fast as possible for people who natively enjoy that sort of thing).

Chapter 1: I did intend on the spacing of the map being slightly punishing, but I think the feedback received has made it clear that I haven’t been clear enough about the time limit. I think I’ll make an explicit warning about that rather than the subtle IC one and probably up the time limit slightly (since even when I play, the paladins always at least spawn).

I’ll make another post when I’ve updated a larger number of things.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback!

Chapter 1: I’m probably just gonna make the limit a bit more forgiving (and explicitly note the turn timer). A warning when the timer is about to elapse has been added thanks to earlier feedback.

Chapter 2: I will definitely give more hints about green lady. There is actually an existing hint (the house you can visit) but it’s very vague so I can make it add more information. Enemy AI idk, that’s surprising to me actually. Some of the movements are zone-based, but that’s intentional.

I was definitely trying to make it, well, at least harder than SS, but I think people have given good feedback about what’s tough and what’s, like, a pain the ass, so I’ll be looking to address some of those issues this afternoon.

2 Likes

As I have a dropbox link inside the post, do I need to call that out in the updateinfo.txt in some way or is the mechanism set up to take in dropbox from a feuniverse post?

These guys in particular are high statted. I did like an early promotion I think, and the guy joining at level 10 with his promo item is supposed to be an out if some people died (or the thief was simply not recruited).

My own units were actually pretty lower level than yours getting to this part (nice level 20 Lawrence dayum) but I’ll give the chapter a few runs with different party comps and potentially tone it down as necessary. It’s definitely meant to be a bit of a spicy chapter though.

Thanks again for the feedback. Also did you try to fight the boss in the previous chapter or were you like “nah forget that”

I fought that dude for sure. I saw the Ocean seal and I ran at him. I can’t remember exactly, but I Axereavered him with Lawrence, and then hit him with Tagia and Sword Merc and he barely fell down. I think I baited him and he hit me first

Ehhhhhh
Str for magic users sounds legit (rename as pow?)
And noice shitty enemiew u cant double and some can double u
(Byrd:wtf flare axes as if axes are already not dangerous enough)
Nice writings btw

Please put in the directory published in dropbox.
If you publish in a zip file, put it inside the zip file.

If you only update the dropbox, you may want to use this setting.
The first version sent uses FEU posting time as an update trigger.
Use the following settings to update only the files in the dropbox.

//
//This file is an automatic update file used to support FEBuilderGBA works.
//It is used to automatically update to the latest version from the following menu.
//MENU->Run->Work support
//
//Document: https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guid:febuildergba:work_support
//
//このファイルはFEBuilderGBAの作品支援で利用する自動アップデートファイルです。
//以下のメニューから自動で最新版に更新するために利用されます。
//MENU->実行->作品支援
//
//仕様書: https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=guide:febuildergba:%E4%BD%9C%E5%93%81%E6%94%AF%E6%8F%B4
//

NAME=Dragon Herald
AUTHOR=BigMood
LOGO_FILENAME=logo.png
COMMUNITY_URL=https://feuniverse.us/t/fire-emblem-the-dragon-herald-100-02-complete-fe8-hack/7075

CHECK_URL=https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vyi41qmnbl2lr6g/AAAmxs2sXQegdGmwsErEldtWa
CHECK_REGEX=\.ups\\", \\"sjid\\": ([0-9]+),

UPDATE_URL=https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vyi41qmnbl2lr6g/AAAmxs2sXQegdGmwsErEldtWa
UPDATE_REGEX=@DIRECT_URL
1 Like

Gotcha, it should be set up now!

lmao you know the Str magic thing always kinda bothered me when I was testing but I just kept putting it off but it’s fixed now thx

Hey I’ve gotten reasonably far (didn’t count chapters, but after the MC’s promotion, I’m up to a castle FoW map now) and while I mostly had a lot of fun, that chapter made me put the game down for now.

The enemy density on a lot of maps is just ludicrous, especially because of constant reinforcements, on some maps that works because it pushes you to go for the objective, but in a FoW map you don’t know where/how many enemies there are and you don’t even know where you need to go to defeat the boss. I’ve also not gotten any torches/torch staves, that might be me just missing them, but giving the player a freebie when you get into a FoW map would make the chapter more tolerable.

Another map I found a bit frustrating was the one where you’re locked to the MC and the summoner, I felt like that map had very little leeway, because the MC is very squishy.

I don’t want to come off as overly negative, I enjoyed the game a lot up until this map, I think the story is interesting and different from a lot of FE games/hacks and aside from some outliers I think unit balance seems pretty alright so far as well with some neat ideas like the Archsage.

1 Like

First of all I’m kinda honored that you’d use your first post to give me feedback, so thanks for that.

For the first FoW map, the gimmick makes it so that I wouldn’t really want to hand out a torch. However, for the second one, I can definitely see that being an issue, so I think I will likely make one available.

Btw any recruit list?
Plz use lawrence at the fortress chapter btw

Do you mean, like, a list of characters that show up/how to get them? I hadn’t made one but I could put that as a thing under the spoiler warning in the README if that’s a thing that’s usually included.

1 Like

Yes
Btw where is female thief animations…
Nvm it suits her
But where is the hood in battle anim
And why serkers arent getting crit boost?
(Its ok if the playable ones have it)
Btw telos might come and bother u with some questions for his review
Plus the ballistica makes everyones red space range so big (yeah as if a soldier can use ballisticas)
How to recruit Goro?
And since when does brigands go through river…

I added a recruitment thing to the dropbox
Goro joins after the end of the battle
I, uh, actually have no idea how to fix the ballista thing
Apparently brigands always move through river, I just checked a clean rom and they have 5 river cost so idk? Unless I messed up the clean rom
My discord in the README is the easiest way to reach me if someone wants to have a convo

Welp i dont see brigand travel through river too much
(Idk)most chapter involving them are without rivers
And the serkers ocean seal is nearly impossible to get
And his AI is broken
He used the swordslayer even on my armor knight
Wait does swordslayer work on classes instead of depending on weapon?
And the turn counter lies
The last turn is not it then i had to kill boss (yeah save state helps) to win