Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade 'Remake' [FE6 in FE8] [COMPLETE]

Lalum can’t use dancer rings?

yeah, there are already too many characters to get, plus they either might be better or worse than what you have when you get their respective weapons.

After some fairly decent testing all emulators but John GBA work for chapter 16. Even loading up mid battle causes the game to freeze when another person starts talking.

However after chapter 16 everything runs smoothly

1 Like

Because my goal of this ROM was to make every character playable from one continuous playthrough, two units that would be able to refresh unit (Larum / Elffin) would make the game a lot more broken then it should be. That being said, I gave Larum and Elffin their own Niche.

Larum would be the traditional dancer refresher unit.

Elffin would be the buff / psuedo support unit. Him being able to use the rings from FE7 could also make sense story wise considering he knows all about Elibe’s myths and legends.

I know this has been requested a few times, but it would be a cool/fitting idea to introduce more Manakete types beyond the simple Fire Dragons…it would make for more difficult maps without having to rely on inflated numbers of enemy spam, and it would reinforce the role of the dragons and Idunn as their broodmother of sorts. The repo has multiple dragon sprites already and it’s only a case of adjusting their skill sets.

oh. well. at least it is interesting.

also. where do you get the FE7 weapons, are they given randomly or?

and the FE7 units in FE6, are they secret?

Err actually while cool, adding different manakete types would contradict the base game lorewise since the “fire dragons” idunn makes are soulless war dragons who cannot be anything other than fire dragons.

Technically speaking there’s nothing in lore that says that the war dragons only have to be Fire Dragons. Idunn as a Divine Dragon has the ability to morph into any of the other dragon tribes, assuming she has the proper stone (atleast if we’re going by Tiki rules of being a DD). So it would make sense that as a Demon Dragon she could instead birth souless war dragons of the various tribes (minus Divines ones)…the only core characteristic of a War Dragon is their lack of a soul, it was never specified that they had to be of one singular, arbitrary kind like Fire Dragons, plus it also diminishes the entire point of her capture and conversion is she could only create a single dragon type.

Well, if you really want me to break it down:

Fire Dragons are the ones most suited to warfare due to the ease of which their flame can kill.

War Dragons lack the intelligence to be mage dragons due to the instability that much magical power would cause, or at the lease lack the ability to actually use that power due to the lack of will needed to cast spells in the first place.

Ice Dragons would only potentially work in the Illia maps since I can’t actually think of Ice Dragons ever being on any maps other then snow maps when they are used officially. The logic here being their bodies are much more succeptable to higher/normal temperatures then fire dragons so the maintenece of those are soldiers would be much higher and troublesome in arid and desert terrain.

Tiki’s thing isn’t a proper assessment since Bantu could do the same just without access to the divinestone, and to my knowledge, other than those two/four games, every other divine dragon can’t do that due to IS eventually changing the different stones to just being a single stone that just allows a manakete to turn into their only form. Also Tiki couldn’t do this in awakening/warriors and with Engage the type of breath changed depending on who linked with her with only the Dragon Children having access to Fog Breath which is the Divine Dragon’s personal breath weapon.

1 Like

On paper that sounds right, except in execution not so much due to how weak Fire Dragon Manaketes were, with the particularly infamous trait of being 1-range…as fire breathing dragons.

Last i checked most of a dragon’s abilities/powers comes from their breath attacks, so the magic itself from a mage dragon wouldn’t really require much willpower or intelligence, as they are mostly point and shoot. Also while the lack of a soul is a key factor between a War Dragon and a regular Dragon, it’s never really established how, if at all it affects their decision making process in terms of minor choices such as combat tactics. Side note, i’ve always viewed description of Idunn as a “mage dragon” as kinda non-sensical…she bears little resemblence to them, outside of a color scheme and a somewhat more serpentine body and she looks more like a post-shadow dragon Medeus.

Hum, that didn’t stop Ninian from icing (pun intended) two out of three purebreed Fire Dragons in close vicinity to a portal of their homeland which, atleast visually, looked like the definition of a blazing inferno. Also if temperatures were an issue to maintain the dragon’s effectiveness, then Ice Dragons would have gone through the Eternal Winter without a hitch.

I mentions Tiki specifically since FE6 has closer ties to the first games (technically it was meant to be a sequel-ish, but got revamped at the last minute from what i understood).

Hell to put it simply, do it like Blood did for the Ruins (minus the divine dragons, maybe replace them with a repallete of the Zombie Dragons) with more lenient stats.

1 Like

gameplay function is not always equivalent to the story function.

FE7 was not made at the time of FE6 and has numerous plot inconsistencies and plotholes if it is taken into consideration along with FE6.

But it isn’t, so taking lore from one game’s world and putting it into another does not fit as they do not exist within the same rules and inner logic.

1 Like

The new sprite looks pretty nice, though just to be nitpicky there are a few things that I thought maybe could be improved… At least to my preferences. Namely Shining sword + flame feel like it doesn’t flow together well, total animation overly long, the armor looks a bit big, cape scarf missing, and don’t like the long… coat? I’m assuming it’s from the FEH Legendary Roy, but I didn’t like the design that much. Oh there’s also the missing right backstep.

So I made an edit to my likings based on it, along with a few more edits that would crit look better imo. I’ll upload a gif just in case… someone shares my pref:
e33

I wish I could edit the fire effect directly (but I don’t know how), making it part of Roy’s own animation sprite with color limitations made it less vibrant.

2 Likes

Hello, goodnight.
Sorry for the delay to reply. I know that it took a lot of work to make this edit, and I particularly agree with some points. However, I spoke with ZeN about it, and at the moment, we are satisfied with the current animation. In any case, we are very grateful for the suggestions, and maybe in the future, I will make an updated version. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

She was a Divine Dragon, the process of being made into a Demon Dragon required a Dragon of that particular clan and as such the Fire Dragon clan took her broke her soul so she couldn’t refuse their orders and made her mass produce the most combat ready dragon clan, the Fire Dragon Clan.

Those breath attacks are wholly determined by the Manake’s natural clan ie fire dragon clan breaths fire ice breaths ice so on and so forth. Mage dragons breath a magic infused miasmic haze and necrodragons breath a virulent rot that can rapidly eat away at both armor and flesh.

As @theghostcreator said, and as I’ll simplify, there is a thing called Storyline/Gameplay Segregation.

I can explain this in two ways, the real world “fe6 has so many plot holes it can qualify as swiss cheese” way, or the somewhat “logic would state that since Fire Dragons were primarily the ones fighting in the war, that their portion of the dragon homeland would be closes to the portal due to being sore about losing the war and trying to break the portal back open the immediate landscape would better suite the Fire Dragon Clan” way, pick whichever one sounds better.

Also, you forget that in human form manakete aren’t much stronger then humans, which is stated in lore I believe, so when I say " the maintenece of those are soldiers would be much higher and troublesome in arid and desert terrain" I’m refering to their dragon forms specifically since I mean, they are massive, they would require large quantities of food and water to maintain a decent level of combat effectiveness since ice breath would draw on their bodies natural reserve of water and how cold their bodies are which desert heat would put a massive strain on.

1 Like

Part of me wonders, why does brigands and pirates not have fury while fighters do? From personal perspective, I could see brigands and pirates being more reckless or something, but it’s just from personal opinion, which can easily be ignored, Zen.

I’m playing the latest version, but the Armorslayer/Hammer bug doesn’t seem to be fixed (had to work around to kill Ruud and Slater because of this, since those weapons did zero damage, go figure).

The Idea, as I see it, is Fighters are better trained for military warfare than a brigand or pirate on average. So they’d likely be trained to use the adrenaline high from combat to greater effect which is depicted from them having Fury.

While brigands and pirates have Capture since, while stealing from travelers and wayward ships is lucrative, the real money is in ransoms and the slave trade. Which is known to be running rampant in the western isles due to the inhumane mining industry the public at large was being forced to do by the Etrusian Nobles in charge in those parts.

But that’s really just my guess as to why @ZeN2002 gave them those as class skills.

Does anyone else have Tower of Valni fully working? I mean I’m at chapter 22 and it still ends after floor 3.

Hmmm… strange, because for me, advancing on the floors of the tower is normal, and I’m in chapter 21.

There was a small Hotfix the day the last update was released, fixing this bug with weapons that deal more damage to armor units:

But unfortunately, I have 4 bugs to report AND also to leave as a warning:

1. Of all the Eight Legends, only Roland didn’t show up to battle, for some reason.

2. Armor triangle attack appears with pegasus triangle attack animation.

3. Eliwood’s new animation using Durandal, when trying to launch the attack, can freeze the game.

4. And the most serious: Even though I finish chapter 21 with less than 30 turns and with Zeiss and Melady alive, the game does not allow me to advance to chapter 21x, jumping straight to chapter 22. I left my save stopped there, because If I continue without the last Legendary Weapon, I will receive the bad ending… Edit:

The problem with Eliwood’s animation I can try to fix without sacrificing a frame or anything like that, but due to my lack of a deeper understanding with the Fe builder, the other problems involving the game’s programming are with ZeN. I had already reported these bugs to him yesterday, but at the moment he seems to be away. What I can say for now is not to worry and when he online again, most likely a new update will be released with the fixes. :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I tried that same patch on a separate rom to see if it worked with a new game from zero, but the bug is still there (literally, zero damage on the bosses with the Hammer and Armorslayer). So it’s not a carryover from using an old save file from a previous version.