Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade 'Remake' [FE6 in FE8] [COMPLETE]

Thank you for catching that, I will soon have an updated UPS fixing the issue.

So, since this is a unified sacae and western islands cut of FE6, how does that translate to the gaiden requirements for that leg of the game. I just beat the first gaiden, and it had the vanilla requirements, but did any other requirements change?

Minor corrections on Chapter 4: The chapter’s goal is “Seize the throne” where it should be the gate. Also, the kid in the east village says he’ll give a door key, but gives a chest key instead.

Just gonna drop this, any other paired endings besides Roy’s harem?

Are there planned skirmishes or something for world map? And what about branched promotions? Why did you cut them out? Or you just ported PE in fe8 just for skills?

Krash has made his own hack.

10 Likes

Hey Batta people are allowed to post criticism of a hack released to the public, Krash did nothing wrong here.

2 Likes

If there’s a gaiden chapter next, the game will tell you how to unlock it. This is an example of it being displayed in Chapter 12. It makes it simpler and not make the player guess.

@Blasteroid I thought about it because there’s a lot of people that it CAN work with. An example of one is in Rutger and Dayan’s A support conversation, Dayan asks Rutger if he would like to be part of the Kutolah clan after the war is over. In the paired ending, after the war, Rutger is welcomed into the Kutolah clan with open arms. Now, the only paired endings in the game right now is Roy’s harem. However, if people have ideas for paired endings, I’d be more than happy to put them in and credit whoever made them.

@Bright Skirmishes would make the game TOO easy. Instead, I kept the Tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins in the case that you have underleveled units and want them to catch up with your best units. I believe the Tower of Valni appears after completing Chapter 9, and the Lagdou Ruins appear after completing Chapter 21.

5 Likes

thank you!

Hello so I downloaded the file but my emulator doesn’t seem to find it what am I supposed to do?

Is the 5 support limit still in?

Can we take the basis from the individual endings and see if they can intersect somehow? Like for example, both Fir and Noah decide to travel across the land after the war, so there’s a chance they may have run into each other again and decided to travel together, and eventually settle down and marry.

3 Likes

Gwahahaha looks like I’m gonna be busy making a lot of paired endings on this one. Dibs on Lilina x Gonzales.

3 Likes

@ZeN2002 Geese’s Riptide freezes at 2 distance as a Berserker , works perfectly at close quarters.

1 Like

So two things:
In the chapter sue joins, if one of the two armor knights in the middle path fights you and you have a hand axe and you can attack twice, the second hit makes the armor knights HP into “??” and the game freezes. At least this happened to me.

And 2nd, if I patch my rom I’ve been using with the new updated UPS file, will my save stick or do I have to start over?

I’m enjoying this remake a lot btw! Made an account here juat cause of it. So thanks for all your hard work!

@ZeN2002 Question do you have a discord account?

Spoiler(Kinda)

Gonzalez x Lilina (Romantic)
After the war, Gonzalez settled down with Lilina in Ostia and later they were wed. Despite the backlash of Lilina marrying Gonzalez due to his face, they both overcame this by showing their love to each other and their kindness to the people.

Gonzalez x Lilina (Platonic)
After the war, Lilina requested Gonzalez to become her retainer. At first, he denied saying he would mess up but eventually came around with Lilina’s kind words. Together they both the overcame hardships that befell over the nation that is Ostia.

Fill free to criticize, improve, or ignore this but the one thing i ask is please don’t be harsh, it’s my first time making a paired ending and english isn’t my first language

3 Likes

Great project! No Discord or documentation tho?

1 Like

Okay, so i have no idea how to patch an update to a rom…like when I download the update ups patch, how to I update the rom im currently playing?

I mention in it in the updated post above. But basically, you can still continue from where you started even if you download the updated ROM. All you have to do is make a save state file of your current ROM and load the state file on the updated ROM. You can do this on mGBA.

Do this on the old ROM and name the state file whatever you want, as long as you remember it.

Then open the updated ROM and do this.

You then load the state file you just made.

Ah, I’m not sure I can do that. I’m using Nostalgia app on my Android to play it, as I don’t have a computer.