Fire Emblem: The Ancient Swords (FE8) [Very early build] [En][Es][Patch avaible]

Finally i can upload things :smiley: thank you FEU.

English
Hi everyone. I’m Ranul (or Lord Helferd here).
I just started to hack FE. I’m still learning and doing, but i’m really, really excited of FE Hacking scene. I just wanna show you the current project (it’s barebones and rushed) that i’m working right now. This took me about 2 months or more.

Hola a todos, soy Ranul (o Lord Helferd aquí).
He empezado recientemente en la comunidad de hacking de FE. Es maravilloso y estoy muy emocionado de mostrarles mi nuevo proyecto. Es un proyecto que he hecho en mi tiempo libre (ultimamente no tengo mucho), llevo aproximadamente 2 meses.
(Placeholder title).

English details

About the game:
Like i said before, this game is a pretty early build of my project right now, but im focused on create a simple fire emblem game. I’m not really good at strategy games, but i enjoy fire emblem gameplay a lot (more the rpg elements). So i decided to create my own take of fire emblem, using assets created by other users.

Playable chapters but not complete (13 chapters and prologue).
→ Prologue to chapter 5 has little plot.
Linear structure like older FE games (like Binding Blade or Blazing Swords)

• The cutscenes and character descriptions are in spanish (Latinoamerican).
  • The story it’s a very early pitch. I’m focused on creating maps, gameplay features, characters and other things. After I get the structure of the game i will start to write the story and the supports.
  • All the new portraits are made by me (i just used a very basic edition and FE Character maker xD).
    • There is no mouth animations and eye blinking because im lazy and i hate creating graphics.
    • The new characters (mostly) are based on my friends (including names).
      * There are a lot of characters that uses glasses (like real life counterparts xD)
    • I’m Ranul, the main protagonist (but the character doesn’t look like mi real being xD).
  • Changes in some weapons and classes.

Main mechanics that i plan to integrate.

• Sub quests in maps.
    Very simplistic ones; that are optional, they give small rewards upon completing it. For example, in chapter 4 there is a guy that gets bitten by a snake. And you need to give a “antitoxin” item. Currently only has two “sub quests”, being one on Prologue and chapter 4.

• Lost items:
    There is a hidden item per chapter. You need to find by just landing in that portion of the map.
    Go and find every one of them. It will help you on your quest.
    Hint for prologue:
    placeholder item

Hint for chapter 1:
placeholder item2

• Traveling merchants:
    You can meet merchants in the maps. Just talk to him and pay for rare items that are helpful for your army.

• Use every recruited unit on every chapter!
    I really like to use a lot of character in FE emblem games, but they limit you every chapter to 12 or 16. You’re not restricted anymore.
    —> I will make bigger maps in the future for justify this.
    —> More reinforcements will appear if you use a lot of characters.

• You don’t feel to use every recruited character per chapter?.. Ok… just don’t deploy a unit that you dont consider necesary to use or if you don’t like. The undeployed units will trigger a event at the start of the next chapter.
    Examples:
    Some characters go to train and increase his stats.
    Some ones find or buy stuff for your army.
    Trigger random cutscenes.
    And other funny things. They’re useful even if you don’t use (ironic i say). (actually only chapter 4 has this mechanic, but if you undeploy characters on chapter 5 and later they will go to train and get exp and weapon level)

• Feeding (cooking) mechanic:
    If you recruit that girl Alejandra in ch6 (optional) you had to pay 1000 coins for feeding your army. If you dont pay for the food, the units will suffer the consecuences :tired_face:.
    But Alejandra will grant you diferent meals tha cost more, but gives to your entire army a boost of stats. You may need to give a recipe i u want to unlock diferent foods.

I will update this soon. But i really want to get feedback!
So im very welcome to read the comments that you write.
Don’t worry about the language barrier. The actual plot of the game right now it’s not relevant, so you can ignore it.
I have plans to translate this game entirely english.

Detalles en español

Sobre el juego:
Como dije anteriormente, este hackrom es actualmente una versión muy temprana de mi proyecto debido a que, estoy enfocandome en crear un hackrom sencillo. Yo no soy muy bueno en los juegos de estrategia pero me encantan los videojuegos de Fire Emblem (tiendo a disfrutar mas de los elementos RPG del juego que de la “estrategia”). Quise crear este hackrom para demostrar lo mucho que amo esta franquicia y tener mi propio juego de la misma xD. No soy bueno editando ni nada, así que he usado recursos disponibles gratuitos.

*Tiene 13 capitulos jugables (ninguno completo en terminos de historia y aún falta pulir muchas cosas).
→ Del prologo al capitulo 5 tiene un poco de trama (nada importante, la puedes ignorar).
Estructura lineal como en los FE anteriores a FE Sacred Stones. (solo por que intenté utilizar el mapa de FE8, pero me pareció excesivamente complicado y pasé de él).

• Las cinemáticas y las descripciones de personajes (al menos los jugables), están en español latino.

El resto del juego está en inglés.

• La historia es un bosquejo inicial que aún no está para nada completo, primero quiero crear la estructura del juego (mapas, personajes, mecánicas jugables y otras cosas) y después me enfocaré en la historia y las conversaciones de personajes.

• Todos los personajes jugables fueron hechos por mi (solo usando edición muy básica y el generador de personajes que está por internet xDDD).
    → Los personajes jugables están basados en amigos y conocidos (de ahí los nombres).
    → Hay muchos personajes que usan lentes, por que la mitad de mis amigos los usan en la vida real :nerd_face:
    → Ningún personaje jugable tiene animaciones de boca o parpadeo de ojos (soy demasiado flojo y odio crear los apartados gráficos).

• Yo soy Ranul, el personaje protagonista de esa historia (aunque el personaje no se parece nada a mi fisicamente xD)

• Algunos cambios en objetos, armas, clases, etc.

• Mecánicas que planeo integrar.
    → “Misiones secundarias opcionales”
    Planeo incluir misiones pequeñas dentro de los mapas, que te den una pequeña recompensa al completarlas. Por ejemplo, en el capitulo 4; hay un hombre que es mordido por una serpiente y debes entregarle un “antitoxin” para que sobreviva". De momento solo hay 2 de estas, pero planeo poner muuuchas mas. Disponible en el cap 1 y 4.

→ Objetos perdidos.
En cada capitulo hay un objeto perdido. Si buscas por todo el mapa y te paras en ciertos lugares, tal vez tengas la suerte de toparte uno. ¡Suerte encontrandolos! Te ayudaran en tu aventura.
Pista del prologo:
placeholder item
Pista del capitulo 1:
placeholder item2
→ ¡Usa a todos los personajes que reclutes en cada capitulo!
Me gusta la ideea de poder manejar muchos personajes en el juego, en los FE siempre te limitan de 10 a 16 en promedio. Ahora no estás restringido (creo).
→ Haré mapas grandes para justificar esta mecánica.
→ Refuerzos de enemigos basados en la cantidad de unidades que utilices.

• ¿Qué dices? ¿No te sientes cómodo usando a todos los personajes?.. qué mal… o tal vez no.
    Los personajes que no decidas sacar a pelear durante el capitulo, podrán activar una escena al inicio del siguiente. Ejemplos:
  • Personajes entrenarán en su tiempo libre (aumentaran stats, niveles de arma).
  • Compraran objetos con sus ahorros.
  • Encontraran objetos y te los darán.
  • Ciertas escenas divertidas.
    Y otras cosas divertidas que se me ocurran. Variará dependiendo del capitulo y las unidades que no salgan a pelear.
    De momento esta mecanica está parcialmente funcional en el capitulo 4. Si no sacas a pelear a algun personaje en los proximos capitulos, de momento solo subirán un nivel y su nivel de arma principal.
  • Sistema de alimentación (cocina). Si reclutas a La chica llamada Alejandra en el capitulo 6, puedes acceder a su repertorio de comidas. Pero estarás obligado a pagar al menos 1000 monedas para alimentar a tu ejercito o sufrirá las consecuencias. Pero también tendras acceso a otras comidas especiales mas costosas, que daran un incremento de stats temporales a tu ejercito entero.

Estaré actualizando esto lo mejor que pueda (depende de mi tiempo libre).

Patch link: (It’s based on FE8U)
ENGLISH PATCH
Fire Emblem - The Ancients Swords [English patch] [28-04-2023]

Fire Emblem: The Ancients Swords [15-11-2021]

11 Likes

If you are on phone just touch the icon with an arrow pointing up

Do you got any discord?

“Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post.”
“Sorry you can’t post links”

So… i can’t post my patch or even pics.
I went to discord server and one guy told me that my account it’s new.

Thats a shame, maybe in some days

FINALLY!.
I hope you give to this hackrom a chance. Just remember, it’s a very early build, i’m still working on this project in my freetime.
Plssss! Plssss! i want to know everything that you want to say about this hackrom, things like:

• Characters that you like.
  • Characters that you used more.
  • Things that you liked.
  • THINGS THAT YOU HATE (very important)
  • Recomendations.
    → Change some base stats
  • Issues
  • Anything that i need to know, to polish my game acordingly.
2 Likes

A new hack!

What do you mean?
Do you say that my hackrom it’s terrible and u mean that’s better start over? (so sad :frowning: )
or just saying that is literally a new hack?

1 Like

What are you talking about? A new hack means (I can’t wait to play this new and awesome hack!)

1 Like

I’m actually excited to play your hack! :+1:

1 Like

I recently updated the patch and added a bunch of things to the first 5 chapters. Even if this project it’s ignored i will continue to work on it.
I hope one day someone give me feedback :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Esto es interesante , voy a darle una oportunidad

1 Like

Cooking (more like a feeding the army mechanic) added. Im slowly updating the hackrom now… wish i had more freetime :frowning:
See the english details for more info.

Sistema de cocina (mas adecuado llamarlo sistema de alimentación del ejercito xD) añadido. Estoy trabajando lentamente en el proyecto por escacez de tiempo :frowning:
Lee arriba para mas detalles.

3 Likes

Hi… i’m very ashamed for a abandon this project, i was very busy on my job. But i really wish to resume this hackrom. So i will continue to work, but considering that this comunnity is in english so i will upload a new patch that i created using Google Translate, so… maybe there are a lot of error. Pls report if you see it

1 Like