Fire Emblem: Tales From Afar - CANCELLED

Notice!: If you see a random blue unit that is not an actual character reload the chapter it is a bug that occurs at random.

Question: Do you guys prefer that i release updates in acts or chapters?

Bug fix update released: Fixed all bugs and made changes based on (Thegis) Feedback
thank you for your feedback Thegis!

My next hack. it will be updated when a new chapter or 2 is finished
not only that if you want your self insert in this hack.

then follow these 3 steps

1:post a link to the character and their color palette in the comments.
2:in the same comment tell me their class and 2 starting skills and weapons.
3:tell me if they are friend or foe and when you want them in witch chapter to appear in.

The hack is going at a nice pace but everything you see here and the promo act is subject to change.

Planned changes: Every character will have growths in the 25 to 45 with banes and boons.
Banes: 20 or lower.
Boons: 50 to 60.
A 1 chapter route split.
choose between a,
:rescue chapter: or
:defense chapter:
Ideas still being thought through.

portraits made by. :Mako27: :Orihara_Saki: :Bwan:

Act 3 screenshots.

I have a Discord server join it on your own free will.
Updates will be posted there.

7 Likes

on this link to vary animations i don’t know how to do this steps i would just like the king class as promotion of some knight roy hector lyn class bring these class but not as gentlemen but as allied classes

1 Like

tip how many different classes of the original game better or better of these alternative alternatives is to get out of the very same original games

1 Like

Act 1 of 5 is done if anyone wants to try the first act feel free to try.

2 Likes

On the way

The hack will be in major development focus so updates will be in acts rather than chapters.

1 Like

Ended up playing through this today, here’s my general feedback.

I only ran into a couple of bugs.

• The hatchet costs 0 gold to buy from the store, and it doesn’t load animations when attacking (the game locks up if animations are on.)
  • The battle conversation between Ammy and Bazba only triggers if Bazba initiates combat.
  • The post-chapter cutscene for Ch. 4 doesn’t seem to have proper text formatting. (The text appears only in the upper left corner while talking between the druids.)
    toa1

And a few things I was unsure about, in regards to bugs.

• The lords’ seem to cap at Lv. 10 (Tested for Ammy, didn’t test for Len.)
  • The bandits in Ch. 3 don’t seem to go for the villages over attacking units in range, even if they aren’t blocking the path towards the village.
  • The rogue in Ch. 4 opened the boss door early.
  • Is Garcia recruitable? I didn’t see that any characters I brought had a talk conversation with him.

Otherwise, this hack seems pretty OK so far. The maps seem to be a bit bloated length-wise, where it seemed like I spent more time moving my units around rather than fighting enemies. This was more present in Ch. 4, where the last half of my time on the map was just moving my units from the upper-left corner down to the boss room. There’s no real incentive not to turtle, as the rewards from the maps seem to be incredibly easy to either get, or impossible to get. (The rogue in Ch. 4 is almost impossible to catch before he escapes without a bit of luck.) I’m not a story guy, so I don’t want to criticize the story, especially since you mentioned in the beginning of the hack that story isn’t your strong point. The only other gripes I had were that there are quite a few axe using enemies, while you only have an axereaver, Barts, and Frejah to combat them.

2 Likes

"Both Ammy and Len are trainee classes so they promote next chapter when at lv.10.

"the bandits that attack villages are the reinforcments that come in.

"The rouge was supposed to come in on turn 12 (oversight) but his action rate is 50% the boss door is a random A.I. factor but it dont mess with anything.

"Berno was supposed to be the garcia replacement

"the text for the druids talking is intentional to keep the identity ambiguous.

"the hatchet should have an animation ill test that if it don’t ill fix it. also the gold was again an oversight.

"the bazba dialouge only triggers after his battle quote (intentional so he notices who it is after his battle cry) (Berno has a quote with him too)

"the number of axe enemies are great in the first 5 chapters afterwards the number of them will drop by a huge chunk but will still be enough to battle.

1 Like

the bandits that attack villages are the reinforcments that come in.

Maybe indicate this in some way? Unless I missed a text box, it seemed that the bandits that attacked villages were identical to the bandits that were already on the map.

The rouge was supposed to come in on turn 12 (oversight) but his action rate is 50% the boss door is a random A.I. factor but it dont mess with anything.

Glad to know that the rogue wasn’t supposed to spawn that early. I admit, I liked the pressure that it put on me, but with the way the map’s laid out Turn 12 seems much fairer.

the text for the druids talking is intentional to keep the identity ambiguous.

Why not use a blacked-out/hooded portrait, or something to hide the identity while still allowing the text to appear on a regular dialogue box? It’s a bit hard to read the black on purple, with no background.

the hatchet should have an animation ill test that if it don’t ill fix it. also the gold was again an oversight.

I think the hatchet animation is related to something how the hatchet has hardcoded 1-2 range animations? If you’re using FEBuilder I might have an idea as to how to fix this, but if you’re using buildfiles I have no idea.

the number of axe enemies are great in the first 5 chapters afterwards the number of them will drop by a huge chunk but will still be enough to battle.

Might I suggest giving the axereaver more uses, or giving some of the bandits swordreavers? It would make it a bit easier on the player without trivializing the difficulty, as it makes Frejah weaker to throw out into a group of bandits to draw them in.

1 Like

I have released an update based on your feedback thanks for the feedback btw
and im happy that the hack is at least on the ok for now there is alot more coming soon.
the next update will be after act 2 is complete and tested to an extent.

1 Like

You’re welcome. It’s a bit rough, but I’m sure with polish and test it’ll come out great. I like the idea of trainee lords, definitely better than lords that promote 15, 20 chapters in.

2 Likes

I have a question its a prefrence question.
since Ammy and Len are the class lords they are.
if you were to change them what class would they be?

1 Like

Development update: chapter 5 and 6 are complete only 4 left before act 2 is done.
ill keep you all updated on the development.

1 Like

Does anyone know where i can get map icons and walking animations for other classes?
a link is appreciated.

Should be able to find some in the graphics rep on emblem anims.

GOOD NEWS! i fixed the Berno weapon rank screen freeze.
it was due to the support system so i removed the support rankings for him and other characters.
tested it and it didn’t freeze so i managed to fix a really bad bug.

Update: the last chapter for Act 2 is done but im gona make 2 more before releasing Act 2.

1 Like

That’s great to hear.

1 Like

Update: Act 2 is almost ready have some screenshots of it.

Looking forward to trying act 2. Will saves be compatible from the previous patch?

1 Like