[COMPLETE] [FE8U] Fire Emblem: Shackled Power (33 Chapters, Version 1.331. Easy Mode Available)

[DISCORD USERS: Join the discord server here and connect with the developer, along with other players: Shackled Power Development Corner]

Story

The Land of Altina has been at rest for many years after the massive crusades from its most powerful nations, Birene and Gothen. Their collective conquests reduced the land to being split down the middle between their lands. In the coming years, both have dreamed of building themselves back up into great military powers to claim the rest of the land for themselves.

However, their latest stalemate resulted in the death of Gothen’s warlord, King Gustav. Morale in Gothen is low and must be corrected if they truly hope to get revenge on Birene. While Birene has been satisfied in turning itself into a trade empire, the surviving queen has been provided with an extreme measure for taking control… and she’s ready to act on it.

Via a thwarted attempt to put Birene into a state of array, the Birenian king’s youngest son learns that the Gothen queen is ready to put them in their place. With the aid of his new public recruiting program, Prince Prosel must assemble a force to cut off the queen and put a stop to her desperate attempt. If he fails, she could do far worse to him and his nation than they have ever been able to do to her…

GAMEPLAY FEATURES:

-Guide Prosel and over forty other playable units through huge amounts of tactical warfare!
-33 chapters of punching out anyone unfortunate enough to be standing in your way!
-A wide variety of new weapons to play around and strategize with!
-Every unit that uses axes as their primary weapon gets their own unique Prf axe with varying effects!
-Kick down doors, bust open chests and blitz through water with your very lord!
-All new weapon type: Bombs! Shells that contain magical charges, they can be used as indirect projectiles to test enemy resistance with your strength stat! Usable by thieves and an all new class…
-Introducing the Guerilla class! Specializing in indirect warfare, they can plow through terrain barely impaired and snipe the enemy! Promotable with the Crook(Ocean) Seal into Lieutenants!
-Rarely distributed skills to keep things vaguely close to vanilla. Expect to see battle skills on important bosses.
-A brand-new story and land to absorb and learn about as you go!
-Bigger promotion bonuses!
-Over 120 support chains varying wildly in entertainment and potential insight!
-No deserts!
-New music from other GBA games!

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Version 1.331

Previous Versions

Version 1.33
Version 1.32
Version 1.31
Version 1.3

Version 1.23
Version 1.22
Version 1.21
Version 1.20

Version 1.11
Version 1.1

Version 1.06
Version 1.05
Version 1.04
Version 1.03
Version 1.02
Version 1.01

V.1.00
(SP_Version_1.0.ups - Google Drive)

Note that. due to the save point system featured in this, the ability to resume a suspended game is no longer available.

Thanks for checking this out and enjoy the carnage!

Resources (Spoilers in all of them!)

Unit Stats
Recruitment Guide
Secrets and Easter Eggs
Tier List Maker

Credits

PORTRAITS-
~Feels [Formortiis Portrait]
~Bwan [Miranda Portrait]
~Obsidian [Art Lessons]
~Levin [FEE3 Thumbnail]
~LaurentLacroix [Carl/Gerard Portraits]
~Zelkami [McGaier Portrait]
~Mond [Gaspar Retouch]
~Coby [Madari’s Eyes]
~BuskHusker [Cyrus/Alta/Melanie Retouch, Madari edits]
~Gold [Mirales Base]
~SALVAGED [Art Advice/Being Awesome People]

BATTLE SCREEN-
~Sokaballa [Technical Aid]

CLASS CARDS-
~Uncredited [FShaman, FMage]
~Nuramon [FHero, Gold Knight Sword]
~DerTheVaporeon [Sword Knight]
~FPZero [Sword Cav]
~Team SALVAGED [FAxe Cav, FAxe Paladin]
~L95 [FDruid, FSage]
~Epicer [Sword Knight]

ICONS-
~Ereshkigal [V1.3 Icon Sheet]

MAPS-
~ZoramineFae [Lava Village Tileset]

MUSIC-
~Percevalko (Various)

ANIMATIONS-

~MrNight [Matriarch]
~DerTheVaporeon [Matriarch]
~SALVAGED TEAM [Cavaliers]
~St. Jack [G.Lord Eirika with Axes]
~Nuramon [Gold Knight,FemHero]
~TBA,Kilvas,Spud,BlueDruid [Axe Wyverns]
~BlackMage [Halberdier]
~Glenwing [Lloyd Swordmaster]
~Leo_Link [Savage Lord Still, Bulwark Knight, Tellius Fighter/Warrior]
~Pikmin1211 [Nomad Trooper Non-Sacaean]
~Maiser6 [Nomad Trooper Non-Sacaean]
~blood [Bulwark King Map Sprite]
~RiriK [Female Great Knight]
~Norikins [Sword General Map Sprite]
~Greentea [Generic-Ursula Valkyrie, Dartzerker]
~Orihara_Saki [Jormungand Spell]
~Dolkar [Exaccus FE8]
~Nuramon [Tellius Warrior]
~Spud [Tellius Warrior]
-Mikey Seregon (Axe Wyvern Rider)
-Alfred Kamon (Axe Wyvern Rider)
~Pushwall (Vicks Sniper)

IMPORTANT PLAYTESTERS-

~Pyrover
~KrashBoomBang
~ChessJumpBowl
~MournfulRelic
~Gold
~Rivian

PROOFREADERS~

~Jehanna
~MaX9o
~Daiin
~Bobby

FEBUILDER-

~Huge thanks to 7743, Circles and all of the patch makers I can’t identify.
16 Tracks/12 Sounds Fix (credit Agro/Brendor)
Autosave Killer by laqieer
Conditional Talk w/A-Support by Aera
Boss Animation ON by Aera
Fix CG Fade Glitch by 7743
Set Victory BGM By Chapter by 7743
Convert Chapter Titles to Text by Circles
Actions after Supports/Talks by Circles
Map Danger Zones by Circles
Disable Minimap Toggle by 7743
Drumfix by Circles
Remove Enemy Control Glitch by Brendor
Set Flag when Enemy Escapes by 7743
Escape Menu by 7743
Support Level Check by Kaito
Support Level Get by 7743
Escape Event by Aera
Ex Modular Save with 200 Convoy Spots by Stan
Battle Stats with Anims OFF by Tequila
Capture FE5 Style (Unused) by Tequila
Rogue Robbery by Tequila
01/48 Command Hacks by Hextator
Anti-Huffman by Hextator
FEEditor Magic CSA System by Hextor
Fill AI Danger Map Efficiency Fix by HyperGammaSpaces
Fix dodge to front glitch by Snakey1
fix_lz77decompress by Tequila
HP Bars with Warnings by Circles
Simple HP Bars by Circles/Zane
Improved Sound Mixer by ipatix
Character Custom Animation by EA ver 2 by 7743
Even in fog, it ensures visibility at specific coordinates. ver3 by 7743
Deny Deployment From Preparation by 7743
LeaderAIFix by Stan
Less Annoying Fog by Leonarth
Magic Sword Rework by Sme
Add Event Condition: Tile Change by 7743
Skip World Map Fix by Stan
ModularMinimugBox: VisionQuest Style with ItemList by Pandan, Scraiza, Zane
Define Multiple Prohibits the Crit By Item by 7743
Define Multiple dancers(Battle animation effect) by 7743
MultiTileMarker Display multiple exit markers on the map by 7743
Define multiple classes that can discover desert treasures by 7743
NarrowFont by Scraiza
Switch the death Quote for each unit who is killer by 7743
Expanded the setting of the ring effect used by dancers by 7743
Skill SkillSystems by 7743
Skip the event using the opening world map by ???
SOUND_NIMAP(Native Instrument Map) by Circles
SOUND_NIMAP2(Native Instrument Map) by Alusq
Stairs by Snakey1
TorchWeapons by 7743
UnitActionRework by Stan
Change Effectiveness damage coefficient of the weapon by 7743
Enemies Display Droppable Items by Mkol
Allow Visit for Any Tile by Gamma
Send All Unit Items to Transporter by 7743
Extend Weapon Description Box by Vesly
Modify S-Rank Limits by Tequila
Steal with Full Inventory by Vesly

Screenshots

Shackled_Power_beta_complete-1
Shackled_Power_beta_complete-0
Shackled_Power_beta_complete-12
Shackled_Power_beta_complete-9
Shackled_Power_beta_complete-7
Shackled_Power_beta_complete-11
Shackled_Power_beta_complete-6

59 Likes

I like how a gameplay feature is no deserts lol. But the bomb class has me thouroughly interested

1 Like

What do you mean by half a chapter?

Is this game done ? Full release?

@Solusaeternus The game is nowhere near finished right now. As it says at the top this is just to have it ready to be submitted for the upcoming FEE3. Full release will likely not be for a long while.

1 Like

I noticed the southern part of the continent looks a lot like tellius. Between that and the continent’s name, is there some connection between this game and FE9/10?
Just curious XD.

@Mycahel I haven’t played enough Tellius to intentionally try to reference its continent. The shape of the map is very much based on something (Should be obvious by the shape), but it’s not that.

So I played through the current build. Won’t comment on chapters P-6, since those are still clearly in very early stages, whereas chapter 7 is obviously much more finished. I really liked chapter 7 overall! Thought it played pretty well, and was a very effective introduction to the bombers and their weapons. Locked to 2 range, but highly accurate and hits res. The animations for the bomber classes also looked fantastic. I will say that the right side of chapter 7 felt sorta pointless, but that may be because this is an early build and I thus had absolutely no reason to visit the shops (though they also didn’t sell anything particularly noteworthy anyway). May want to put a droppable in the top right or something, just so there’s a reason to go over there. Looking forward to this getting shown off at FEE3!

1 Like

I didn’t realize it was scandinavia until you said that.

1 Like

Please let me know when the game completely finish ~ thank you :pray:t2:

day 9 gang rise up

2 Likes

We’ll make Day 9 great.
Once the showcase is over, I’ll be releasing the next patch and have a development Discord ready for it.

But first, FEE3!

1 Like

With the FEE3 video probably airing slightly after this post is made, the game is now in a vaguely playable public state! Currently 11 chapters are available to play, covering the first story arc and the chapter immediately after.

Changes have been made beyond what’s in the FEE3 showcase. All chapters have proper cutscenes, supports actually work, the EXP formula is no longer Seth-approved, and a whole heap of changes have been made to make things look more polished in its current stages.

If you want to play, the original post has been updated with the current build. In addition, a discord server has been created for the hack and is linked at the top of the original post. Feel free to join to bounce concerns over to me more easily or just check out what’s in store for the future.

Enjoy.

2 Likes

Nice work! Enjoyed HeartHero’s showcase. I think the hack shows good potential and has a distinct vibe with the custom animations and weapons.

One suggestion from viewing the video would be to tighten up the map - there was a lot of space and it looked like the flow and placement made it so you had to move into position and wait to take a hit rather than attack proactively. Making the map a little smaller and/or shifting enemies up closer to the player at the start may help. Additionally, I’d recommend reducing the amount of 1-2 range on the enemies since it ends up slowing down gameplay a bit if the player can’t counter effectively. Not saying get rid of all of it, but for example, given that the map has a high density of 2 range bomb units, the pegs shouldn’t also have javelins.

Looking forward to seeing what’s next.

3 Likes

Hey, so it’s been a fair bit since I’ve directly updated this thread. Most of my progress has been made clear on my discord, but it’s probably best that I showcase some more stuff here.

A total of sixteen chapters are now playable, detailing Prosel’s actions after the first act of the story. With new friends and foes alike, what will become of his journey to build a counter-offensive against Gothen?

Below are some screenshots showcasing parts of this new section of the game. Enjoy.
Ad7
Ad5
Ad1
Ad3
Ad6
Ad2
Ad4
Ad8

7 Likes

Whoops. Missed a rather embarrassing error when messing with skills. I’ve updated the patch link to a new version that fixes thieves not being able to steal after promotion.

1 Like

Hey,
It’s been a while due to life and working solo on this, but a new public patch is ready with 22 chapters, up to the end of the second “act”.

So what’s changed? Quite a lot. New and redrawn portraits for many characters, new animations, new map palettes for almost everything, new weapons, a new stat-screen, rebalanced maps and characters and a whole load of new challenges to face. The OP has the updated link.

Again, if you want early looks at the things coming in the future, join the Discord server in the OP.

New Screenshots

(Some pictures are from before the new statscreen was implemented)
2Ad1
2Ad3
2Ad4
2Ad5
2Ad6
2Ad8
2Ad7
2Ad9
2Ad10

7 Likes

Good. :wink: You’re not far off from the completion of this project, which has a lot of promise.
Once it’s completed, I’ll be pushing my way to be in the front row to admire and enjoy it to the fullest…:star_struck:

Hey, the current build has been updated in the main post. I’ve polished up some things (Including axing a crash bug that finally revealed itself in testing) for the FEE3 showing coming up. Look forward to that.

This just fixes some bugs, cleans up some palettes and continues the journey of replacing all of the player unit splices with custom mugs. No new chapters unfortunately, but I hope you can enjoy what is being added for now.

3Ad1
3Ad3
3Ad2

5 Likes

So a pretty minor problem, but I kinda came across this bug in chapter 11. While I was just grinding exp on Geld for a number of units (Silph, Wyler, Annie, Darrel and Elieen) just so I can promote them before heading into chapter 12 and light magic tome grinding a bit for Marilyn, I notice that at the end of each Enemy Phase, the screen keeps moving to the far bottom right corner and keeps making this sound you hear from the reappearing and disappearing tiles.