Fire Emblem: Scourge of Proxima

It says the rom is unavailable advice?

The patch is available. Just click the link that says ā€œDownloadā€ in the first post.

Asking for roms is against the rules here.

2 Likes

I am gonna give your project a try. I donā€™t have much to say yet, but once I complete what you folks have up to this point, I will give my thoughts. Thanks for the hard work you put to this, though, I saw that just by looking at your screenshots. ^^

Just a heads up, there are some BIG changes happening with the hack so I think itā€™d be best to just wait for those :3
But thank you for giving it some attention! Iā€™ll make sure we wonā€™t disappoint. ^-^

2 Likes

Wait what? What do you mean? Well, maybe you donā€™t want to spoil things, eh? I can wait for those changes. ^^

1 Like

From my limited knowledge of the hack, the devs are redoing the first arc from almost-scratch. For the second time. (Iā€™m kind of confused by the whole thing. Somebody whoā€™s more involved in the hack could probably explain better.)

1 Like

Then I will just wait. I think itā€™s for the bestā€¦ despite having the urge to play it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here I can explain since iā€™m in charge of most of the changes.
The story is getting reworked because while the concept of it was sound, the way we were going about it was fundamentally flawed and thus would have resulted in a story thatā€™d be waaaaay too low quality.
Thatā€™s really the biggest change, the characters are still the same but now theyā€™re just going to deal with some different problems :slight_smile:
like I said before, Iā€™ll make sure we donā€™t disappoint yā€™all.

1 Like

Oh, I see. Makes a lot of sense to me. Story is one of the most important things for a project, I believe. If you have a good story to tell, the player will love that part, not just the whole playing part where you pwn the enemies via fighting. :laughing:

1 Like

So I found this image in the game and was wondering if you guys were planning to use it for Scourge of Proxima and, if so, who you got to make it.World Map Image Scourge of Proxima.gba_WorldMap

I canā€™t quite remember who on the team exactly it was who made it, but this was planned to be the concept of the world map, afterwards weā€™d have it redrawn in a more unique and finalized way
tbh I actually forgot that we had that inserted lol

1 Like

It was made by Sildra, the map itself was from a mapmaking tool to which i also forgot what it was and sildra traced it and enhanced it to make it look better and snazzy

3 Likes

When I look at this hack, I think of Obsidianā€™s Artwork and hope for any news or updates about it. It feels like a Ghost Town or a Ghost Thread if you ask me.

Nice to see we werenā€™t forgotten kek
Iā€™ve talked about some of the updates in our discord server earlier this year, but very shortly there will be another update that I plan to post on this thread so it wonā€™t be a ghost town for long

Although if youā€™re really curious about development rn, feel free to ask me about whatever and iā€™ll do my best to answer it

For development, how far is the ROM hack such as Chapter Length, Two-Parter (Ex: Timeskip) Percentage of how much is completed. Is that too much to ask for?

Thatā€™s not too much to ask at all homie :+1: , so as it stands right now:

The chapter length is broken down into 4 Acts
Act 0(otherwise the prologue) is 2 chapters
Act 1 is 5 chapters
Act 2 is roughly 8 chapters (6 + 2 gaiden like maps)
Act 3 is 4 chapters
Act 4 (otherwise the final act) is roughly 3 chapters (2 + 1 gaiden like map)

All the maps for the chapters have been made, the basic events are done and just require polishing as does the gameplay for Acts 2-4
Many characters are receiving updates to their portraits and new characters are being added

The story has been fully written out and now just needs the dialogue and some general polishing to the plotlines

Music hasnā€™t really progressed at all primarily because iā€™m not a music guy lmao but I have plans for that

If you wanna know some more specific stuff lemme know

5 Likes

Thanks for the info and the progress. Just happy that the project of yours havenā€™t gone into extinction like all the other ROM hacks that havenā€™t made it to the finish line and fallen into obscurity.

2 Likes

(Iā€™m the owner of the thread now :partying_face: )
So iā€™ve updated the main post with more information on the new course weā€™re going in along with a couple of screenshots, didnā€™t really add many gameplay screenshots yet since itā€™s still pretty buggy but ayy, progress is progress lul

5 Likes

Very cool awesome obs. When can I play though? :eyes:

3 Likes

Not too many years from now, one dayyyyyyyyyy