[FE8] [Complete] Fire Emblem: Reborn Dimensions, Olethian Princess

complete removal of myrmidons, well damn that’s something. That battle screen looks crisp too

I also removed Brigands, and those weird nomads and mounted mages I had in 0.4. Silphie is now a female Mercenary.

Glad to see someone updated my old generic mug xD :+1:

Fix that infinite stat booster glitch

Glad to see someone updated my old generic mug xD

Give praise to @Obsidian_Daddy. He’s a pretty cool guy who does a lot of good art stuff, including that.

Fix that infinite stat booster glitch

FERDOP.emulator
Done.

4 Likes

Today, April 1st (kinda), is the hack’s first anniversary! I think! Honestly, I’ve been super lazy about this. I can’t give a release date for version 0.5 yet.

What I can give, however, is the first public release of my Make A Fun Chapter: Fire Emblem: Blades of the Blood Dunes.

mafc1BotBD SupportFix.emulator
BotBD SupportFix.emulatorBotBD SupportFix.emulator
mafc4BotBD SupportFix.emulator

In the past of the Olethian Empire, take control of then-Captain Zacharias and various figures, some new and some recognizable, as they fight a pivotal battle on the border of the Blood Dunes.

The real MAFC patch is here. Alternatively, download the April Fools’ patch here, if you want to get Sans’d. Let me know if you have any questions!

16 Likes

…Really? Only one person tried downloading this? Huh.

Anyway, it’s April 2nd, and not the 1st anymore. I’ll just come out and say it: This was an April Fools joke. The MAFC is real, and I sent a working patch to Ghast, but this patch has… some key differences from the version he received.

What are these differences, you may ask? I’m not going to tell you. The real Blades of the Blood Dunes patch will be released when enough people play and try out this current one, or at Ghast’s MAFC deadline of April 17th: whichever comes first.

Anyway, the joke here on this version is pretty quick: a few minutes at most. I put… some work into it, and I recommend checking it out!

EDIT: Also going to mention an additional item that deserves credit, that wasn’t in the real patch: a FE8 version of His World, port of by @anon98251803.

6 Likes

Well, I suppose eight downloads is better than none. Thanks for indulging in my little April Fools joke, everyone!

If you’re curious, this is what happens if you play the April Fools patch.

Anyway, here’s the real MAFC, the one I actually sent to Ghast! (Technically, a better version. It features one updated portrait and an improved credits list.) It also includes a readme and a map for the location of desert treasures. All six screenshots above were taken in the true MAFC, not the April Fools patch. I’ll link to this in the main post eventually.

9 Likes

Finally, at long last, I have continued to be extremely lazy.

Well, no, that’s not right. I’ve come to make an announcement:

FERDOP VERSION 0.5 IS OUT!

FERDOP.emulator-2FERDOP.emulator-21
FERDOP.emulator-23FERDOP.emulator-31
FERDOP.emulator-18FERDOP.emulator-4

And with version 0.5, THE HACK IS COMPLETE!

Well, sorta.

While FERDOP is technically playable all the way from Prologue to Endgame, the lategame in particular is extremely unpolished. Or as my self-insert puts it:

FERDOP.emulator-26FERDOP.emulator-27

Still, it’s good to finally be able to slap a [Complete] label on the craziness that’s been FERDOP.

I hope you enjoy playing! The download link and credits will be put in the OP.

29 Likes

I can’t like this because I am out so instead let me just tell you Congratulations!!!

4 Likes

Congrats on the release! Quick question, how many chapters does it contain? The same amount as the original hack?

1 Like

Slightly more. FERDOP has a total of thirteen chapters; a Prologue, numbered chapters 1-10, as well as a two-part Endgame.

2 Likes

Oh cool! I’ll give it a try when I get home tonight. Reborn Dimensions was the first to hack I had ever played like 10? Years ago so I some some fond memories of it. Can’t wait to see how much you’ve been able to improve it!

1 Like

wow
(half-length hack) finally completed
well truth be told, maybe FEU lacks hacks without the need to promotion (kinda not sure) at later game and most hacks are either incomplete or goes like 20 to 3X chapters
And some of characters are kinda base stat screwed
Zach:6 con
First recruited 2 of units:1 spd
Luck of that priest: dont want to talk about it
And why didnt zach recognize kylen? They fought together
And 1-2 rng weapons are … Heavy as bolting

FERDOP’s FEE3 video is out! Pandan plays through Chapter 3, defending the Ninth Brigade’s fortress against the armies of the Olethian Empire. Give it a watch, if you want!

7 Likes

Turns out there was a… minor bug in Chapter 9. Well, it wasn’t that minor: the appearance of Redgnaw crashed the game. A patch with a fix should be uploaded; look for Version 0.51. Old saves should be compatible.

I played up to the chapter before the quality warning, so about half way. I love the scenes in between the levels that serve to give each character a little bit of spotlight post recruiting them. It isn’t always the same people talking in a given point of the story. It’s really charming to see more fully realized versions of these characters given the original game and I love the references back to it. Most of the maps do a good job of pushing you to get some great rewards. In particular the defend chapter was really good and had a lot to gun for like dropping off that dude to recruit him, and trying to take down the two bosses at each side of the field to get their drops. The generic enemy stats felt kinda obnoxious, though I got through it fine by promoting some of my guys, so I don’t know if it’ll be an issue later in the game. There were a few graphical bugs during the game so far, but overall it feels really well done, especially the character portraits. I look forward to this getting more updates. I feel kinda sorry about not commenting on this before when I played the version that still had stuff like that knight being killed off and the skills. I’ll probably post again when I have finished the game.

2 Likes

Chapter 9 now has its script mostly complete! I’ll release it soon, probably. (No, the fog of war isn’t in gameplay. Yet. Don’t tempt me.)

FERDOP.emulator-41FERDOP.emulator-40

9 Likes

Chapter 10’s script is basically complete!

As a reward for your patience, have a meme I made of it.

Oh? What’s going on in the sound room?
FERDOP.emulator-7

9 Likes

FERDOP.emulator-6

It’s been a long time, hasn’t it?

I started this project on April Fools’ Day of 2019. Since then, it’s been almost two years of hacking, taking this project from a two-chapter garbage fire to something I’m somewhat proud of. Is it perfect? No. Is it well-balanced? Probably not. Are there bugs I’ve missed? Definitely. But finally, at long last, FERDOP is [Complete].

FERDOP.emulator-27FERDOP.emulator-17
FERDOP.emulator-31FERDOP.emulator-29

Merry Christmas, Fire Emblem Universe.

Download link (is also available in the OP)

This isn’t necessarily the end for my work on FERDOP. There will, of course, be inevitable bug fixes, but also some new content in the future. I’m not committing to anything, but I do have potential plans for further additions - a three-chapter alternate campaign starring Ulphric’s journey from landowner to emperor, a brutal postgame dungeon, several new recruitable units of classes you didn’t see much of in the base game, additional weapons and features, and more!

But for now, I’m going to take a break from hacking and watch people enjoy the project I poured almost two years of my life into.

23 Likes