[FE8] [COMPLETE] Fire Emblem: Journeys (v2.2, 20 chapters)

you’re still on your own for Rosea, I’m horrible at spriting women

2 Likes

Really cool update today, there’s a lot more new portraits on both the enemy and player side thanks to Sphealnuke (Juggernaut) on the discord! I’m really glad to have someone to do portraits on the project after working off of mostly f2u stuff for a while, and I am very thankful to him for helping me replace things like Tim being Ogier. I’ve also gone in and buffed weapon hit, and overhauled some dialogue in the first part of the game. We also have a new character that appears in chapter 7, Enya the myrmidon! There are also a couple more support convos in this version, but I’ve hit a bit of a wall with those.

Pics

7 Likes

I decided I wasn’t super happy with some of the maps, so I’ve changed the maps for chapters 1, 8, and 9. There are also a couple new weapons sprinkled in the earlier chapters and the usual various minor adjustments. I also added new songs for boss fights and preps menu, both from PMD Red Rescue Team, which sound great!

Pictures

3 Likes

This week, I decided to add a gaiden chapter to the game! It comes with 3 new items and 1 new playable unit, bringing the total to 33 now. This specific gaiden takes place between chapters 4 and 5, when the crew are headed to Castle Argendale. There’s been a lot of miscelaneous balance adjustments too, with the main one being that the champion class has lost their crit boost. I’ve also put in a couple more songs, which should enhance the experience, and is something I am gonna try to keep up in every update. In addition, I do need some more people to test chapters 8-16, as chapters 8 and 9 got a revamp and chapters 10-16 haven’t been tested much by anyone other than me. If you want to help test and give feedback, here is the link for the discord! You can also download the latest patch over here!

Pictures

relicshak.emulator-0 relicshak.emulator-1
relicshak.emulator-3 relicshak.emulator-2

6 Likes

Just wanted to provide an update.
Project is not dead I am still working on it, and it will be at fee3 this year. All that’s left is mostly dialogue and music so it won’t be too long till this is done.

7 Likes

Take your time dude, if you rush there might be problems you’ll have to fix later, work at at efficient steady pace that works for you

2 Likes

I’ve finally got a new update today! I rewrote small portions of dialogue, and did a lot of rebalancing, as well as completely redoing the final chapter. More dialogue revision/additions are coming soon, as well!

3 Likes

seems interesting, ill give it a shot. congrats on the release! i love the approach youre taking

1 Like

In celebration of the FEE3 video recorded by @TDAWS-Megapikman132, I’m posting a minor update today. It’s not much, but adds a QoL feature or two.

1 Like

Here’s another new release! I’ve added a couple songs, fixed some looping issues with songs that were there, and otherwise made a variety of gameplay tweaks on both player and enemy sides. This also includes a couple more supports and a few character endings.
7 Likes

No actual update, just I updated the main post with better screenshots courtesy of @Rivian. Thank you Rivian.

2 Likes

Is this project completed?

1 Like

Not quite! All the gameplay has been completed, but there is still a small bit of unfinished dialogue and music. Otherwise, you can play it all the way through with no problems.

Random question here, what is the world/continent this game is set in called? :nerd_face:

1 Like

It’s called Eyaends. Thanks for asking!

New update for today, it’s most likely the last one before the hack is officially complete (which will most likely be before the end of the year, but no promises!), barring any sudden major bugs or the like. I’ve replaced some vanilla assets that were leftover, made talk conversations go both ways, and added more music. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Sounds really cool!

Quick heads up that the 1.0 complete version of the hack will be launching on the 25th! Right now all the hack needs is final playtesting and a couple touches and it’ll be out then.

8 Likes

It’s almost time. :eyes:
For Ron and Don’s deep strange journeys.

3 Likes

And so, it is time. Time for the hack to finally be complete. It’s a bit weird for this to be happening, and there are still incomplete parts, so to say, such as supports, which will be continue to be done at a steady pace for the next few months till I knock them all out. And of course any oversights will be corrected as they are reported. But this is the official first complete release, and I’m very happy for it to be so. Especially in these last months, I’ve had so many people encourage me and provide assistance to a point which I’d never expected. So I’d like to thank you all, and you know who you are.
So, here’s the patch. I hope you have fun, and please report any issues and bugs so I can get them sorted out asap, thank you all!

[redacted]

17 Likes