[FE8] [COMPLETE] Fire Emblem: Journeys (v2.2, 20 chapters)

It’s called Eyaends. Thanks for asking!

New update for today, it’s most likely the last one before the hack is officially complete (which will most likely be before the end of the year, but no promises!), barring any sudden major bugs or the like. I’ve replaced some vanilla assets that were leftover, made talk conversations go both ways, and added more music. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Sounds really cool!

Quick heads up that the 1.0 complete version of the hack will be launching on the 25th! Right now all the hack needs is final playtesting and a couple touches and it’ll be out then.

8 Likes

It’s almost time. :eyes:
For Ron and Don’s deep strange journeys.

3 Likes

And so, it is time. Time for the hack to finally be complete. It’s a bit weird for this to be happening, and there are still incomplete parts, so to say, such as supports, which will be continue to be done at a steady pace for the next few months till I knock them all out. And of course any oversights will be corrected as they are reported. But this is the official first complete release, and I’m very happy for it to be so. Especially in these last months, I’ve had so many people encourage me and provide assistance to a point which I’d never expected. So I’d like to thank you all, and you know who you are.
So, here’s the patch. I hope you have fun, and please report any issues and bugs so I can get them sorted out asap, thank you all!

[redacted]

17 Likes

Heck. Yes.

Remember back in April? This hack has come such a long way, you love to see it. Can’t wait to play through it all again in the complete version.

6 Likes

Congrats relic! Looking forward to reading touching Ron/Don supports.

4 Likes

New Year’s Update! I’ve just done a bit of minor polishing, as well as added a new mug for Rosea, courtesy of Zaim, as well as some prettied up maps from him!
The patch is available at the same link.
Ch1 Ch4 relicshak.emulator-36

9 Likes

Another Lord mug under Zaim’s belt, what a legend.

4 Likes

Just beat it and fun as hell lol. I found this hack a while ago due to chess’ LTC of it and I’m glad to see it finished. Underrated and quite fun.

As for criticism/takes/whatever: My only issues is I almost wish the hack was ever so slightly harder. Might just be me though idk lol. Also I think the bottom half of chapter 13 coud look a bit nicer. Though I played before the patch from a couple days ago so that may have been included idk.

tl;dr Had fun. Wish you good luck with your next project.

5 Likes

Thanks for giving your thoughts! Nice to see people finding it through chess’ LTC. As for the difficulty, I’ve slightly increased the difficulty on chapters 9-12 recently, and I hope that addresses the issue. I’ll also look into seeing what I can do about chapter 13’s aesthetics, since I’m a lot more experienced with mapping since I made that.

3 Likes

New update today! This one features new mugs courtesy of @Zmr, which look just, really great. In addition, I’ve done a couple minor dialogue edits, including fixing some dialogue where there was some vanilla leftovers I forgot about before, and a new map for ch5! After this, I want to take a lot of time to work on a really substantial update with new chapters and a major revamp of some dialogue, so look forward to that. Patch is at the same link once again.
relicshak.emulator-38 relicshak.emulator-39 relicshak.emulator-40 Ch5 (1)
In addition, I’m still taking feedback! If you have a problem with the hack, or have something you like, let me know. I can’t promise I can address it all, but I am always open to changing things, and I think it’s better to hear from people directly and specifically so I can address their problems rather than see my hack be dismissed offhand. Anyways, thanks to all who have played the hack, especially those offering constructive feedback, and I hope to have some really cool stuff next time I update!

16 Likes

smh trying to deceive people into thinking Body Ring Ron is optimal, smh my head…

4 Likes

you mean it isn’t optimal to feed my boy Ron all the stat boosters?!? Impossible.

2 Likes

That’s a funny way of spelling Vincent.

2 Likes

Smh, Grant deserves every stat booster.

2 Likes

I just wanted to share a small update on what’s been going on behind the scenes. I’ve begun work on overhauling the dialogue completely and the maps for the two new chapters are complete. I’ve also done mugs for and inserted 3 new characters into the game, to pad out the cast a little bit for the new length. I may add more in the future, but these are the three that have been finalized. Progress had been hindered by a small issue but it has been fixed and I’m back on track, and a lot of the content is in, with what remains being a lot of testing and writing, as well as some other things I’m looking to implement, such as a new battle frame, custom map palettes, and a real world map!
For now, here are the three new characters:
relicshak.emulator-63relicshak.emulator-58 image

15 Likes

It is looking cool game edit

4 Likes

Why isn’t Bassem a cute girl omg nooooo

Betrayed by Relic

Sniped in the back by a relic

1 Like