A story of love, trust, betrayal, death, and, above all, home…
Halcyon and Mako are the twin children of the New Kytheran royal family, a
line that only produced one heir for over a thousand years. Fitting the
description of those said to fulfill the Empyrean Prophecy and restore the
legendary city of Aether, Halcyon and Mako are moved by destiny and
society alike to fulfill their responsibilities as Empyrean Children, heirs
to the throne of New Kythera, and human beings.
However, a sudden increase in organized bandit raids from Mastonda,
New Kythera’s neighbor, create chaos and confusion in Halcyon and
Mako’s homeland, as do mysterious forces from Torrance, New
Kythera’s other neighbor, that reinforce these attacks. The blame is
widely placed on Torrance’s highest military leader, Caiaphas, but
the twins suspect there are darker and more twisted motives behind
these attacks than those Caiaphas alone could be involved in.
Motives that involve the Empyrean Prophecy, and what it means for
the entirety of Wider Kythera…
- A story years in the making, assuming a serious and genuine tone.
- Balanced difficulty and carefully designed chapters.
- Multiple chapters with unique objectives and means to complete them.
- An “Insight” function to give lore-friendly means of explaining new mechanics and secrets.
- A restructured but fundamentally similar magic triangle that sees the return of wind, fire, and thunder magic while giving light and dark magic a special role in both gameplay and story.
This was created out of my love and passion for storytelling, and is my first proper trek into Fire Emblem Hacking. It is the first in a three part story. I pray you all enjoy.
As of this point the game is playable up to Chapter 8. It’s a bit unrefined
in many areas, and if you feel like there’s something that could be
touched up I am more than happy to listen to your critique.
There are also few roles that need to be filled, as well. Feel
free to contact me through DM’s over the development discord if
you’re interested in helping.
Roles that need filling include portrait making, map making, battle/class
animations, music, and other things I likely forgot about.
I try to make a point to make this a team-based effort, even if the
focus of the hack is on the story (which is almost entirely my doing).
If you’re interested in helping out and contributing to this project and
my future projects, call me up.
UPS download and credits: https://www.mediafire.com/file/guyqyodzpdmiv8s/Fire_Emblem_Hiraeth_-_Legacies.zip/file
Development discord: https://discord.gg/yXU9uRj
Current version: 1.29
- Updated nearly every single portrait.
- Fundamental rebalancing and improvements.
- Hey guys its me stay safe from coronavirus.
- More stuff added to the care package. Much love.
- Many assorted cool thingies.
- Heavy, HEAVY story rewrites.
- Endymion is a new playable character joining in Chapter 1.
- Play The Final Swear 2 on Fire Emblem Universe.
Trying out 7743’s autoupdate thing. Have fun with that.
- Jumped up by 22 whole version numbers because Phase 1 of 4 is complete.
- Updated Skillsystems from the last 2018 version to the October 2019 version.
- Couple of characters got complete facelifts.
- Changed certain weapons’ stats and attributes.
- Added leadership stars. Should help make these early chapters easier.
- Updated escape function, so Chapter 6 is better by a minuscule amount.
- Introduced Endymion, a very very important character! (Important!)
- Dialogue changes to reduce cringe.
- Most classes and skills have their names reverted to original names.
(Note that certain classes and skills remain changed due to different
purpose from vanilla or the vanilla name just being bad or unfitting.
Battle proc skills are still different due to lazy. Will fix in next update.)
- Other stuff that I cannot remember.
- Updated a handful of portraits (which immediately dates the trailer).
- Added Cedric’s defeat quote.
- Fixed melee dodge for spells freezing the game.
- Fixed one instance of a corrupted song. I should playtest more…
- Added the shop and armory themes. Yes, really.
- Fixed playback of corrupted music
- Chapter 2 end scene improvement
- Added placeholder palettes for Virgil, Calypso, and Tanancho.
- Added an Insight for Chapter 8
- Initial release. Phase 1 Completed (up to Chapter 8).