Fire Emblem Enhancement Patches public release(currently FE6,7,8,EN and partially FE1) - Currently closed for renovations in the next few months

Can you link to a place that discusses the Ranking error/errors?

What exactly do you mean?

^ This here, maybe you could explain the localization errors too.

Before, Hectormode rankings did not work and used the eliwoodvalues. That is why the hectormode exclusive chapters are just fucked with 0-requiremnents. Because of StanH, it works correctly now. Because the Exp requirements are too sharp tho, I made a seperate version just to lower them and maybe I have to lower them again if people still find it too problematic.

When it comes to localisation errors and mistakes, It is basicly stuff like Aenir being mistranslated as quintessence, certain conversations mistaking pronouns like when Barte tries to fight karla without a weapon or in the Eliwood and Hector-A support conversation,etc.

I basicly searched the Internet because I barely understand japanese words, let alone their symbols, and serenes forest, some Internet blogs and Pinklet Emblem(On mekkahs channel) helped me greatly. One can more or less view it as a fixed FE7.

1 Like

Oh,also lyn is 15 like in JP because I just did that.

1 Like

Maybe you can add the L/R hold to disable/enable animations to FE7 and 8?

And add the Danger Zone? [FE7/8] Enemy Range Display Hack

And what is the Hardmode bonus patch?

That actually never worked for me, idk why. And because of that, I could not really evaluate if I wanted to include it. On the other side, it was kinda like “Press A to speed the animations up”. I figured if people would want the game to be faster, they would just disable the animations altogether. But eh, guess I will add the L thing in the next update then.

1 Like

Hardmode Bonusses is what is talked about at the bottom of this threat(where I actually got it from). Reason I added it was because some people appearently find lynmode too boring to replay(Basicly, you can thank mangs for the option xD)

1 Like

Actually reminds me, if any bugs occur with the optional IPS Patches, then please report it here. It means that an edit that was made after the IPS patch screwed something up(Not entirely common, but the automatic repointing is literally RNG when it comes to that.)

Does FE7 really show growths when you press select? It didn’t work when I tried.

Also just to show you some things you might want to consider adding from my notes:

Improved Sound Mixer:

Exp Coefficent Fix:

Text speed change:

I recommend the values: 04 03 01 00

I consider enemy control glitch to be a part of the games. That is why I made dancers in FE8 actually able to doubleattack without softlocking. And I already fixed the exp coefficiant. Not every change is listed because there are so many small changes that I do not remember them all without someone jogging my memory.

And well, they are supposed to show growthrates when pressing select. Maybe I accidentially did not update the patch correctly. Will investigate tomorrow,gotta sleep now.

1 Like

Appearently something went wrong when updating the Patches, because…yeah,there really is no growthsdisplay in the released version, but it still works in the rom I have

Edit:it should work now. If it does not, then I have no Idea what is going on.

1 Like

On request of Fates-Blade, I have updated FE8 with Dangerzone and press L to disable animations. I have also added text to the attackrange-entry of the glossary to reflect this change properly. I also applied the Improved Soundmixer-patch in FEBuilder for this game.

Because I am too dumb to handle actual pointers and there is no such patch for FE7, that game will not have the soundmixer impremented when the next update drops. I honestly fear to lose the appeal of it basicly being “vanilla except better” by imprementing changes like these, but the requests were more feedback then I had ever gotten before, so I made an exception.

Also, FE7 will feature the JP textspeed again(It was a wonder to me that it was actually really slower in the west and just nobody talks about it) and FE6 will at least have slightly faster text in the normal textspeed-option. I decided for it because the tutorial is just dreadful with the vanilla speed except when mashing A or B.

1 Like

Having cleaner sound with less noise doesn’t count as vanilla except better?

1 Like

I thought more about dangerzones and the animations on L-Thing. The second one of these is actually such a weird sidegimmick that I did not even mention it ingame or in the updatenote on the secondary plattform where I also released the patch.

2 Likes

I will update FE7 in the next few days. School just started today and there is a lot to do and I did not really take the free time I had(last two weeks) to relax but rather to continue working on fire emblem(I currently also translate the FE7 patch into german and work on preparations for an actual romhacking project, so everything is even more of a mess than usually), otherwise I would have updated the patch already.

3 Likes

what this thread exist since months and just saw it now
hey that look promising what you have done here
reading the whole thread you typed a lot of stuff

1 Like

Mostly just generic announcements and currently outdated Information tho.

1 Like

Fe7 update uploaded. Unless something major happens in FE6, it will likely take a longer time until the next update of any kind. Also, just a question for the future: is anyone who looks into this treat versed in telliushacking?

2 Likes

The unlikely happened and I noticed that I actually missed a minor translation error and I accidentially had a command in one conversation where a ’ was supposed to be, so I quickly updated FE7 again. Also gave me an excuse to put in the “Affin” from the EU rom into the supportviewer image.