Fire Emblem: Final Fantasy

Thank you very much! I’ve fixed the issue with Oberon in Ch5 and Ch6 and the patch for it is now updated with the link in the Google document.

I feel like the unit and weapon balancing vs the enemies is very weird. I played the first few chapters, and in Ch4, I have to gang up on certain enemies for 2 turns in a row in order to kill them. This also applies to the enemies, so in the end, enemies can barely kill my units but my units can barely kill them. Nobody can kill each other and it makes certain maps very slow.

The main character is my most damaging unit, + the Thief with Luna but Luna’s unreliable. The White Mage has the lowest bulk I’ve ever seen, but it doesn’t matter because offense is nonexistent. Just weird balancing decisions all around in my opinion.

The game doesn’t feel awful to play or anything so far, it’s just strange. I wonder if this changes later.

Hmm, well I’m pretty confident it isn’t like that for the entirety of the game. As you progress further and further through the game you will gain more options in terms of damage, through both getting new characters and getting new weapons. I feel like the “strange” feeling you get is just due to the early game and the limited options you have. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix the early game balancing?

Dear author, I have to raise another question :Oberon’s ability, Holy Aura, actually has no effect, I hope you can fix it

That’s strange, I never noticed that. I unfortunately dont know how to fix the effects skills give, so I’ll have to replace the skill entirely instead. Thanks for letting me know!

Reduce bulk and increase offenses. Maybe not to an unreasonable amount, but the current state of things is pretty bad IMO. I legitimately have to fight generics for 3 turns in a row because they will not die, or I have to gang up on them with all of my units to kill in a single turn. It’s also discouraging me from progressing through the hack, simply because it’s boring - the enemies can barely hurt mine, either. It’s either deflated offenses or inflated bulk that are the problem, possibly both.

Hello, is this game completed with story? Are there supports?

As someone who loves FF (having played every main game and most of its spinoffs) I’ll be sure to give this one a try, once I find time for it. I’ll probably go ahead and post some feedback once I finish it, too.

Are you saying all this, reporting after all this because it wasn’t too good to YOUR liking? :thinking: I mean he or she have work hard on this hack. What else is there need to be done to make it so great? It was fine to me. Not to be blunt so I’m sorry. :sweat_smile:

I never said I disliked the project, I just noticed some oddities and wanted to point them out; I didn’t even really bring up the gameplay at all, I don’t have any problems with that. I only tend to point out stuff when I want to provide feedback that I think can helps hack be the best that they can be; trust me, it’s not from a place from malice, I don’t want to just needlessly trash talk a hack.

3 Likes

Working hard on something does not dismiss you of any criticism, especially when it’s involving bugs or glitches. The point of projects having threads is so that people can discuss it in an environment that the creator can see. Not bringing forth any criticisms will create an echo chamber and stagnate improvement.

2 Likes

Users are allowed to criticise hacks. The only thing that post did was report some bugs, which is a good thing and should be encouraged.

5 Likes

Don’t worry cause I didn’t know what I was talking about. I have this problem with replying to things people say and I try to hold back but couldn’t. You didn’t do anything wrong sir so my apologies on my part. Not sure if it’s any type of syndrome I’m having but it’s annoying.

That’s right and I knew what he meant by that but my block headed self blurt out random words to him for no reason so I apologize for that.

If I’m willing to post something publicly, I must be willing to accept and expect criticism. I even welcome the criticism. Unfortunately lately due to my full time job, I am unable to really do any major adjustments since I simply don’t have the time for it. If there are any minor bugs, glitches, or changes though I can more feasibly adjust those.

I totally get what you mean. I would like to reduce defenses and increases offenses from enemy units, but that requires a lot of testing to find the right balance with trial and error with how much or how little is needed. Unfortunately due to my current irl situation with work keeping me well occupied, I unfortunately don’t really have the time to do such a drastic change and make sure that change is good. I’ll try to rebalance what you suggested, but I couldn’t give an approximate date on when I’d do so sadly.

1 Like

This game intentionally has no story or supports, but the game is completed.

Please do, and I am very thankful for when you give it a try.

I understand that most people right now are currently occupied with Fire Emblem: Engage, which I just beat and had a blast with! That all being said, I did have the time to address the concern about enemies taking too many hits to take down in the early first couple of chapters in the game and the patch for that has been updated.

3 Likes

Added a new, major patch to the game (2.0) that changes all the enemy placements, enemy AI, and enemy reinforcements throughout the entire game. A link to the patch is in the Google document in the original post.

3 Likes