Fire Emblem Enhancement Patches public release(currently FE6,7,8,EN and partially FE1) - Currently closed for renovations in the next few months

For anyone still looking into this threat,I want to ask something about FE6. Do you think it is important for the experience that weaponlevels are really slow?

Because I want to make it so that 2 Wexp are optained upon defeating an enemy instead of 1(really quick thing to do in FEBuilder) and I do not know if I should boundle it as an optional IPS-patch or if I should include it in the mainpatch.

Similar situration with if I should give Idunn the unused demondragonstone on hardmode or not.

(also,if someone wants to figure out how to make weaponlevel threshholds the same as in FE7/8 and how to make the supportgain system the same too(I heared at least it functions diffrently and limits the supportpoints gained per map more),then please tell me. I am still basicly the worst hacker ever and more quality of life-changes can only make the game better.)

2 Likes

No direct feedback yet? Well dang,guess I will just make it IPS for safety then for now. And I expect to not get an answer to the question of if I should put in the missing weaknesses(primarily horseslaying weapon working on nomads or not is a big deal),so I will make that an IPS patch too until I get feedback on it. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

The FE6 Enhancementpatch got a rushed release now. Not the worst thing tho since I can always update it(I mean,I certainly had to do that with FE7 and FE8 a lot because those patches were just broken for the longest time lol). As always, feedback would be appreciated, but I know nobody plays these xD

A minor update for FE8 that fixes a typo and nothing else and an FE7 update are planned to release soonish ™ btw.

1 Like

The Fe8 update is out and I added back the mogall movement during ist spellcasting back…but I did it using the two frames before the loop,so it flashes. It flashes a lot. I apologize to anyone here who has epileptic problems.

Edit:oof,forgot that I opened the supportroom for fixing purposes. Wait a second.

EditEdit:Fixed

2 Likes

New update for FE7 is now on.

1 Like

So basicly, update on the situration for you folks. I already started working on the enhancement patch for EN, but school gave me major stress and anxiety the last three days and I was just physicly too tired to do much and felt burnout from basicly everything because of that. I will definitly not cancel the entire enhancementpatch-thing and I will edit the mogallanimation in FE8 to not trigger epilepsy as soon as everything has calmed down a bit.

When it comes to the future after GBA, it is a bit harder to really do much. I have no idea what to even do in FE4 except for potentially checking the most recent translationpatch since I heared a texteditor is currently being developed for SnesFE and I have no idea what there is to fix in Fe3 and Fe5 either except for hitrates not being locked between 1-99% anymore in Fe5 and I already got in contact with someone who is eventually willing to check how that works.

Tellius has a lot of stuff worth editing, but that is both really complex to hack from what I have seen and Wiiscrubber does not work for me, so I have no way of actually changing the Iso. 3DS Fe is off the table completely until more advanced hackingtools come out and NES Fe is basicly the big nope for people who cannot hack. No documentation and I surely won’t find anyone who wants to edit the data for me.

So basicly, I have to find a way to get anything done after GBA first. However, GBA is not completely over, so all that stuff is not the biggest concern right now.

For GBA, I considered adding the RNG randomizer-patch to the roms because I think it really does not change the intended way of playing, so it was probably a mistake to not include it for FE7 and FE8 in the first place(FE6 does not seem to have it).

I will also probably put in the patch that does not end the turn upon selecting talk, because a talkconversation rarely gives one an advantage like supporting does and the downside often leads to people ignoring those conversations entirely.

And I still need to know how to fix the demonstone and how to change weaponranks requirements. Hope people look into it in the future because I for the life of me cannot find stuff like that myself. xD

2 Likes

I`m not sure if this is gonna be useful for you (I think it’s useful for anybody that plays FE8), but I managed to edit a save file to unlock the bonus content menu, I planned to write a tutorial on how I did it and how to edit this menu since it’s not that hard really, but just like you, I have been really busy with life and I haven’t had the time to do so, but in the meantime I will share this save file to anyone that wishes to use it.

Here are the saves:

2 Likes

Some of the saves do not seem to work in VBA, including the fresh savefile. It just says that it cannot open those files.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay but I’ve been really busy lately, I checked the saves and yeah, they seem to have that error, but it seems to be an error from vba rather than the saves since I also had the same problem with saves from other games, try resetting the game after loading the save, even if it tells you that it can’t load the save file sometimes it loads it, it seems to be a common error in VBA.

If it still doesn’t work, then try loading these other saves I uploaded, they’re the same saves but in .sps format, try loading them by using the “File --> Import --> Gameshark Snapshot” option, I created and tested them on Visual Boy Advance Version 1.8.0-beta3 and they seem to work fine, so if you were to have a problem try using that version of the emulator as well, remember that sps saves are region locked, so use the ones that correspond to your game’s region, I hope they’re useful for you.

These are the saves in .sps format for the USA version:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YXDIKWpgUj7SC2qPxuMKgkzA6dP-H9Ax

And these are for the Europe version:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RoA2MYYk4MS22o1Z18OdP6WifjNjpLTE

1 Like

Updates for FE8 and FE7 will likely release soonish™. I did not get to change as much as I would have liked to, but eh. FE6 will only get an update once I have written the missing conversation.

1 Like

The FE7 update that will release very soon will still follow the 4 patch-structure, but any future releases after that will have hardmode bonusses as an optional IPS patch instead.

Helps you because you can add it to any FE7 rom that has the routine in the same place and it helps me because it is not a pain in the back to update stuff in that game anymore(it is not hard to do, but really tedious).

1 Like

Both updates are now up(FE7 and FE8) and the original post has been updates to reflect it. Enjoy!(Nobody plays these…I know because nobody downloads them anymore…but whatever.)

1 Like

emulator
Update on the development for the EN(romhack made by Arch) enhancement patch:So, basicly… The rom kinda goes nuts and I have no idea why. The effectiveness multiplier is suddenly whack(Except for the Hunting Bow funnily enough because that uses diffrent code), an Itemslot broke, etc.

I will do my best, but I really have no idea why this is happening in the first place. Before I began changing stuff, everything was normal. Also, the Melee/Magic-Fix breaks the rom, so I hope that patch is not needed with the way the romhack was made.

Note:I do not want to steal the hack and as such, the enhancement patch will require you to have a rom with the latest official release of the hack instead of a clean english FE7 rom and the official Elibean Nights-threat will be linked in the original post of this threat.

1 Like

See? It ain’t so easy, is it?

9 Likes

Testing your hacks IS important. Even basic testing will reveal glitches and game-breaking issues if you test for long enough.

2 Likes

I actually noticed most of the problems in my patches by testing them, but I do not have the time to test everything and there were times when I fixed stuff, but just forgot to save the fix in FEBuilder. Currently, everything released should be stable.

1 Like

Okay, now I have found out the reason for the broken effectiveness and it is adding classes to the effectiveness list because the way that feature works seems to be diffrent. However, now the effectivenesses just do not work if they are not on the list(like Flyers not getting extradamage from bows.). And that means I have to port over all the changes I made to a new rom where I did not change the effectiveness list already. Amazing.

Updatepost on the state of everything: no news! just joking, but there is really not much going on with elibean nights currently. I did a few important edits a few days ago and then noticed that the version I got was an outdated one and I have to port over some stuff from that release to my rom(even if I can just make it superficial and purely for show like nonfunctional itemslots,etc.). Also, a few other updates in the other games happened, but they are not really big ones.

And in the future, the devtime will be split with a hack I want to make called “4Kids emblem”. You can guess what that is supposed to be and if you guess correctly, then I will give you some kind of digital cookie. I may or may not announce that hack in a few days/weeks/months depending on if I get enough stuff done by then. I already ran into some major technical problems there.

New updates for FE8 and FE7 are out. FE7 also includes an IPS patch to revert final chapter part1 to the chaotic clusterfuck it was in JP now. For anyone who wants to play that.

1 Like

Elibean%20Nights%20Karelstory
A lot of progress is happening for the EN enhancement patch. Also, yeah, I will rewrite stuff whenever I feel like it makes a positive Impact, similar to what happened in the FE8 patch.

For example, I currently change details of karels tale to relate closer to the certain supportconvos he has in FE7 and FE6 and to also make him a little bit more guiltridden towards the end. Nothing too drastic tho, the events stay largely the same(otherwise I might as well make my own hack instead of changing a preexisting one and that is not the point of this).

2 Likes