Fire Emblem Enhancement Patches public release(currently FE6,7,8,EN and partially FE1) - Searching for translators(Fe7/Fe8)

It should be fixed now. Before, prologue would lead to four fanged offence because I needed to test that chapter at some Point for a reason I don’t remember.

2 Likes

So basicly, I was not aware that Igrene was hawkeyes daughter but was mistakingly called his sister in english because that fact is so obscure that barely anyone mentions it(I found the topic in a random commentsection of a blogpost about translations today). I guess I know what I still need to fix in an update for fe7 despite changing anything being a pain when you have 4 parallel versions. :unamused: Welp,can’t help it I guess. Update will be up once I get around to fixing that alternate deathquote.

2 Likes

New Update for FE7 released. Also, minor update for FE8 Incoming.

Edit:FE8 Update is also released now.

Also, the FE6 Enhancement patch is technicly already in the works in the form of my FE6 translationpatch into german. I will just eventually transfer all the positive edits into the english version when I am done with it.

3 Likes

I noticed that stuff was broke in the FE8 patch, like how male mercs also used the female animation(since I decided to also include unused animations in case someone randomizes the Rom or something) and that I forgot to save the new rossplaette on his animations other than handaxe. I do not even know how I managed to accidentially make those mistakes. But now it is fixed

3 Likes

Btw, if anyone has anything to say in terms of issues I missed or anything like that, then please go right ahead. But I have to note that I want to keep it as vanilla as possible while creating the better experience,so a lot of stuff when it comes to mechanics or story are off limits(especially in FE7 because making that story well written would completely change everything about the gameplayprogression too. In FE8, I did actually change a few storybits because they do not really change anything.).

Also, I already worked on a minor update for FE8, but all that does is reverting the Bishop staffanimation to the old one from FE6/FE7, so I will probably release it alongside an update for another game(probably FE7 as I have no idea when the FE6 Patch will come out)

2 Likes

I discovered a bug in Hard mode patch (no ranking version and idk if in ranking version too), this bug working in Lyn mode in Normal and Hard mode, when you complete chapter 1, you don’t get chapter 2, but yes get chapter 23 of Linus

1 Like

That should already be fixed tho and that was a Setting I made for testingpurposes that I forgot to change back later. Did you download the patch revently or a when it first came out?

2 Likes

I think before your last message, (not 5m ago)

okay,I will look into it quickly

2 Likes

okay,that is literally the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. I can clearly remember having saved fixing that,but it really was set to the wrong chapter again. No Idea how that happened. Update will be up once I have gone through the stupid process of saving all 4 versions as patches again.

2 Likes

Okay, stuff should ideally be perfect enough now.

2 Likes

emulator
I decided to expand on the tutorialaspect of the games to provide better
clarity for how the games can be played and for the rules.
This is just for convinience if anyone actually wants to recommend these patches to new Players for some reason and is pretty meaningless for people who already know the games. Currently, the only aspects that are changed to a meaningful degree are that I put a event into the tutorialmap of FE6(patch still unreleased) that mentions attackspeed existing and to tell the player to be aware of it when making moves and added entires in the guide in FE8 to explain rescuedropping(Image) and how exactly a few aspects are calculated(Like Devilaxe being 31%-Luck).

Idk when the next update will drop tho and until then, changes like these will officially stay unimplemented.

5 Likes

enables the items from the Mariokart Doubledash Bonusdisc

:eyes:
This interests me I must get this patched to a game and check the items out.

It was actually a pain to do the transfer on VBA and Dolphin lol. When it comes to the items, appearently people found out that the items are actually stored in the savedata and not the rom. And I have no idea how to make them a permanent part of the menu in the romdata(I am actually really bad at hacking), so you guys just get the savegame instead.

2 Likes

Is there a way to see the data in a save file?

I do not know actually.

2 Likes

Put a list of Issues still present in the OP for reference. I did not include Pablo and Riev not being completely identical to their japanese counterparts, because what I already did is close enough.

2 Likes

For anyone still looking into this threat,I want to ask something about FE6. Do you think it is important for the experience that weaponlevels are really slow?

Because I want to make it so that 2 Wexp are optained upon defeating an enemy instead of 1(really quick thing to do in FEBuilder) and I do not know if I should boundle it as an optional IPS-patch or if I should include it in the mainpatch.

Similar situration with if I should give Idunn the unused demondragonstone on hardmode or not.

(also,if someone wants to figure out how to make weaponlevel threshholds the same as in FE7/8 and how to make the supportgain system the same too(I heared at least it functions diffrently and limits the supportpoints gained per map more),then please tell me. I am still basicly the worst hacker ever and more quality of life-changes can only make the game better.)

2 Likes

No direct feedback yet? Well dang,guess I will just make it IPS for safety then for now. And I expect to not get an answer to the question of if I should put in the missing weaknesses(primarily horseslaying weapon working on nomads or not is a big deal),so I will make that an IPS patch too until I get feedback on it. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

The FE6 Enhancementpatch got a rushed release now. Not the worst thing tho since I can always update it(I mean,I certainly had to do that with FE7 and FE8 a lot because those patches were just broken for the longest time lol). As always, feedback would be appreciated, but I know nobody plays these xD

A minor update for FE8 that fixes a typo and nothing else and an FE7 update are planned to release soonish ™ btw.

1 Like